It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold vs Silver.... and the bullshmit in between

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 06:46 AM
link   
10oz of pure silver for $400... the actual price for 10oz of pure silver is $227.41 spot price, which is market value

torontogoldbullion.com...

this is 4.1g of .999 fine gold.... worth $257.79

Refined by Yours truly... btw

r/RefiningGold

edit on 18-7-2023 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

It's a little cheaper here (haven't checked APMEX or SD bullion, might be better on those too), but your point remains! sdbullion.com...

Very cool you've refined this gold yourself. I've smelted copper, brass & aluminum before but never precious metals... maybe someday
edit on 18-7-2023 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

refining isn't the same as smelting....

You can' melt metal all day, but you don't change the properties of it... aside from gathering more garbage as you heat the piece

Melting is not "Purifying"

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Good for you guy. I admire your initiative.

You do realize, I hope, that the prices of gold and silver are heavily manipulated by JP Morgan Chase bank?

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Good for you guy. I admire your initiative.

You do realize, I hope, that the prices of gold and silver are heavily manipulated by JP Morgan Chase bank?

Metal spot can be manipulated by anyone if they have the capital. Remember when Hunt bros manipulated the mkt to where silver was almost 50usd an ounce. Years before I bought at 7usd oz. and did very well.

priceonomics.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Your evidence highlights the cost of premiums when it comes to precious metals as well as the diverging prices between gold and silver.

Gold is currently outperforming silver. Such discrepancies occur and are monitored by the gold/silver ratio. The gold/silver ratio shows how many ounces of silver it takes to buy an ounce of gold. Since 1975, the average is near 60; right now it stands near 80.

Going back to 1995 the ratio has typically topped out near 80 and then reversed. This indicates silver may start to see greater strength (relative to gold) in the coming months, possibly catching up to and overtaking gold in terms of percentage performance.

Supply and demand also play a role though. One key driver of gold's strength has been central bank buying, which in 2015 was near its highest levels in decades. Then, heading into Nov. 2018, the central bank buying of gold was at its highest levels since fourth quarter 2015. There was $5.82 billion spent on gold by the central bank in the third quarter of 2018. Silver is currently missing that key demand.

Supply and demand for gold and silver are also related to economic and industrial output. Gold is primarily used for aesthetics, as 46% of the gold purchased in the second quarter of 2018 was for jewelry. Approximately 22% was used in coins and gold bars, according to the World Gold Council's 2018 Gold Demand Trends report.

For silver, industrial fabrication and electronics consume more than 75% of silver supply, according to the Silver Institute's 2017 report.

Investors and central banks are favoring gold over silver right now. That could change though if investment in silver starts to creep up. A lot of industries require silver and have less need for gold. When investor demand for silver creeps up that squeezes the supply, the big industrial players are forced to buy at higher prices.

This sort of process increases silver demand relative to gold and the gold/silver ratio starts its multi-year trek back the other way.

Also, you can't kill werewolves with gold.
edit on 19-7-2023 by CloneFarm1000 because: Silver and gold, silver and gold...

join