It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So whats ATS's thoughts on Ashwagandha

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 03:47 AM
link   
So I've heard good things about Ashwagandha, and while it says it could help things like my blood sugar and sleeping, I already feel like I got that covered with other supplements. It's one of those things where I've been feeling pretty damn good but I'm always looking out for something to curb the ringing in my left ear from Meniere's. So the last couple of days, I've just taken a pill in the evening whereas I take Turmeric, Magnesium, Zinc, Black Seed oil, and Fish oil in the morning. It's probably a coincidence and I'll have a stroke or something in the morning but the ringing is practically gone, and that alone means Id take this and drop something else if they conflicted, but damn it's weird with the no ringing I've got my headphones and jamming to some tunes and it sounds better than it has in years.

I'll check the Menieres forum soon, but have always found ATS is pretty accurate when it comes to topics such as these. Definitely helps me sleep started writing this at 12:00 am or and I've been zonked out cold till 4:20 am still feel great and still no ringing, a little clicking my ear, and cottonmouth is about all Im feeling. Usually, when I wake up this early I feel a headache and a little stressed from a sleep apnea episode.

WOW again I do not want to back to sleep, it's so cool to have this ringing this low.

Gonna be depressing if and when it comes back.

Thanks for any thoughts and Ashwagandha experiences.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I never had a sugar issue until I began drinking those so called "sports" drinks that push health. I am talking about Gatorade, Body Armor and the rest.

I am going to write a thread on it as I have documented medical proof that my rise and rapid fall in blood sugar directly correlates to what we were drinking.

Much of what we eat that we think is healthy isnt. You need to start counting added sugars. One 8 ounce glass of 2% milk contains 8 grams of sugar. The daily limit for a man of added sugars is 36 grams. Taka look at a can of Mountain Dew or Dr. Pepper. One can will exceed your daily limit and then some.

FDA?

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass
Filtered water.
Nothing else.
Well , in my case , a few cups of coffee .

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Actually that's the best. I need to do more of that along with some lemon juice concentrate or Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother. Both aren't sweet but it knocks those bad numbers down asap.

That and the 30 veggies / week

Eating 30 different plants a week can boost the diversity and health of your gut microbiome. And in turn, it may affect many other aspects of your health. If 30 sounds like a lot, you'll be pleased to hear: It's not just fruits and veggies that count. You can include grains, nuts, seeds, herbs, and spices, too.Jun 14, 2023

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

I never had a sugar issue until I began drinking those so called "sports" drinks that push health. I am talking about Gatorade, Body Armor and the rest.

I am going to write a thread on it as I have documented medical proof that my rise and rapid fall in blood sugar directly correlates to what we were drinking.

Much of what we eat that we think is healthy isnt. You need to start counting added sugars. One 8 ounce glass of 2% milk contains 8 grams of sugar. The daily limit for a man of added sugars is 36 grams. Taka look at a can of Mountain Dew or Dr. Pepper. One can will exceed your daily limit and then some.

FDA?

Nah I'm an extreme proponent of if we are going to ban other crap we should ban all the added sugars real or manufactured, seriously. Childhood diabetes is at an all-time high and has been climbing for decades, it's as addictive as hell for lots of individuals.

So whatever it is going on in putnam6's ear it isn't a sugar vice. I always assumed it was a blood pressure thing as it definitely changes pitch.

I probably should have clarified my blood sugar level is fine now and has been for over two years, it was marginally high a few years ago. Probably contributed to my gallbladder being removed a while back

I haven't drunk a Coca-Cola except once or twice in the last 6 years or so, and have stopped even adding honey to my green or black tea. I don't get those sugar cravings hardly anymore even a slice of watermelon can taste too sweet.

Now laying off the bacon is going to be more difficult.

That said almost everything I still take herbally has a blood sugar regulation component to it, among other properties allegedly.

Regardless the ringing is back, I'm going to take another Ashwagandha with everything else this morning and see, but right now it isn't looking like it was the sole reason the ringing stopped for a long period, like my girlfriend said "You did use the heating pad on your neck below the ear" so probably a combo of things or just the natural cycle.

Regardless I'd give my left nut if, I could stop it, it's frustrating AF sometimes.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Waterglass
Filtered water.
Nothing else.
Well , in my case , a few cups of coffee .

I should probably do that too, I've been meaning to at least get my Brita pitcher out. I get some caffeine from green tea sometimes, but lately Im into lime or lemon water with a little ACV

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Ashwaganda is an adaptagenic herb from the Ayurvedic tradition. It is perhaps the most widely studied herb in the modern context there is, however there is a mildly toxic aspect to it that traditionally was ameliorated with milk! A number of people have stomach upset from ashwaganda.

It has some amazing capacities, that I won’t bother writing down here as they’re widely available. It is however very beneficial in aging men for issues relative to diminished testosterone.

Consider Bee Balm with Meneires, and Goji berries (fructis lycii) we are working with a client successfully with meneires using the above mentioned and a blend of wood grown mushrooms.

edit on 16-7-2023 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: Gothmog

Actually that's the best. I need to do more of that along with some lemon juice concentrate or Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother. Both aren't sweet but it knocks those bad numbers down asap.

That and the 30 veggies / week

Eating 30 different plants a week can boost the diversity and health of your gut microbiome. And in turn, it may affect many other aspects of your health. If 30 sounds like a lot, you'll be pleased to hear: It's not just fruits and veggies that count. You can include grains, nuts, seeds, herbs, and spices, too.Jun 14, 2023

Pretty sure I'm still doing stuff you have recommended here previously here on ATS.

Hell, I love red meat, but I can live off grilled or baked chicken and fish easily, and as long as I have a steak occasionally I'm good.

I could definitely eat more veggies, but I have increased their consumption. Have begun putting spinach, cilantro, and or parsley and other veggies into my goto stir fry, and whatever protein.

Everybody here is working on eating healthy last night we had the wild-caught salmon baked with lemon dill and garlic, with green beans and roasted carrots with a bean sprout tomato and cucumber salad. It was delicious and satisfying. Made from scratch and it was relatively inexpensive.

Have a quart of ACV in the pantry, and 32 ounces in the fridge, pretty much add it to all my drinks during the day. Hell, I love the bite, but understand the healing properties. For decades ACV has been my go-to for acid reflux.

I drink ACV and lemon water frequently, lime water too, with some cucumber or watermelon, pretty much daily as well as unsweetened cranberry juice.

For a while a month or so recently did the EVOO lemon juice, crushed garlic clove, ACV, and cinnamon shot in the morning, as recommended by Youtube's Dr.Mandell, lol. It's probably helped something but it's just a pain to prepare daily.

typing all of this though brings up popcorn, I do eat popcorn nothing added popped with little coconut oil. Have heard mixed things about popcorn and corn products in general.

I do know for some people sans gallbladder corn isn't the best thing to eat.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Take taurine to reduce tinnitus symptoms

This vid just dropped today, found it really informative

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThinkingCap

www.youtube.com...

New studies on taurine look very promising. Borderline astounding. And it's cheap!

Putnam 6...
I've read quite a bit about ashwaganda. There have been some legit studies done on ashwaganda as a stress reducer. It significantly reduced serum cortisol levels in stressed-out people. That's impressive!

Ashwaganda relieves stree

More

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Ashwaganda is an adaptagenic herb from the Ayurvedic tradition. It is perhaps the most widely studied herb in the modern context there is, however there is a mildly toxic aspect to it that traditionally was ameliorated with milk! A number of people have stomach upset from ashwaganda.

It has some amazing capacities, that I won’t bother writing down here as they’re widely available. It is however very beneficial in aging men for issues relative to diminished testosterone.

Consider Bee Balm with Meneires, and Goji berries (fructis lycii) we are working with a client successfully with meneires using the above-mentioned and a blend of wood-grown mushrooms.

Yea, that's interesting you mentioned the upset stomach, I haven't heard that so far no issues, 58 I probably have low testosterone so that's a benefit I'm not getting much from other sources.

I'll read up on the Bee Balm and the Goji berries, I forgot, but I do take Lysine every day as it's supposed to help lessen Meneires symptoms.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Hmmm, Taurine isn't that like the bile for a bull? Putting it on the list with the Bee Balm, Goji Berries.

Here on ATS is where I found out about the Black Seed Oil and Oregano OIl both I use all the time now.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

www.youtube.com...

New studies on taurine look very promising. Borderline astounding. And it's cheap!

Putnam 6...
I've read quite a bit about ashwaganda. There have been some legit studies done on ashwaganda as a stress reducer. It significantly reduced serum cortisol levels in stressed-out people. That's impressive!

Ashwaganda relieves stree

More

Yea, I have no doubt my weight issues are stress related to a significant degree, Im gonna continue to take it
Fasting has helped me lose a lot, my goal of 180 is in sight. I'll try anything that helps to get there a little faster, cortisol supposedly tied to fat storage

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   

So whats ATS's thoughts on Ashwagandha

Didn't even know what it was until I looked it up .
Adding it to my list of natural old time remedies .
My mother's side of the family were Cherokee which gave me a head start as a kid.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I have found out a lot from members on this site about health they are extremely knowledgeable on many subjects .

I basically told a doctor to use the statin tablet they were prescribing me as a suppository after what I found out here and lost 25lbs .

The doctor was silent on that front , same with gabbapentine it was a member here that advised me how bad they were for memory in older people .

My local hospital actually turned off the Internet as they were getting red faced at the amount of people running rings round them with Google

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I failed to mention Bee Balm is Monarda fistulosa (latin) the other species of monarda are equally beneficial. If you grow the plant you can tincture the ariel parts, we do a soxelet extraction 10-20 drops /day

edit on 16-7-2023 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
I failed to mention Bee Balm is Monarda fistulosa (latin) the other species of monarda are equally beneficial. If you grow the plant you can tincture the ariel parts, we do a soxelet extraction 10-20 drops /day

Thanks

Monarda fistulosa? Is that the same thing as wild bergamot and isn't there a Bergamot essential oil?

That's definitely something I'll research, like I said it's frustrating as hell now after 2 days I feel pressure in my ear building,

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Yeah, common names can be tricky, that’s why I try to include the Latin. But yes, in some areas wild bergamot is a common name for monarda. I really cannot express how well monarda extract has worked for one of our clients. They have gone from constant symptoms to just a couple episodes over the last 6 mos.

I know it doesn’t make sense in Western thinking, but consider herbs that are known for kidney support. Cordyceps militaris fruit body, he shou Wu (preferably what’s called prepared he shou Wu/polygonum multi-flori) if you don’t find the aforementioned are enough.

Also, look into Kings Dispensatory, Physiomedicalist Materia Medica. They’re printed by Eclectic Publishing and are THE REAL DEAL, not your garden variety website or bookstore herb books.

edit on 16-7-2023 by BlueJacket because: Eta

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 09:36 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 03:18 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join