It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Giant Heat-Emitting, Radioactive Object Buried On The Moon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

First thing I asked myself, 'wait, are they just NOW finding this out?'. Seems like we would have known this was here long ago. Dont we have tech that can tell us what object in space are composed of? But not the moon has radioactive stuff on it?

Not buying it.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

First thing I asked myself, 'wait, are they just NOW finding this out?'. Seems like we would have known this was here long ago. Dont we have tech that can tell us what object in space are composed of? But not the moon has radioactive stuff on it?

Not buying it.

And I'm assuming the only reason we are hearing about this Heat signature is it was picked up by Civilian Equipment first , other wise it would remain Classified.

I would say it's pretty obvious what ever this is was dormant and now it has been powered up.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   
They make an assumption in the article: "The only way to produce all this heat on the moon is through the decay of radioactive elements".

Or is it?

Seems to me they assume it HAS to be decay of radioactive elements and therefore it MUST be associated with a volcano - which is puzzling because the boffins can't figure out what a volcano was doing there in the first place.

Not saying it's aliens - but if the moon IS artificial, who knows what kind of heat generating devices or activities are going on inside of it.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Maybe those Tardigrades had enough laying around and got to work.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Everything is energy controlled and formed into shapes and sounds by frequencies. Perhaps the Moon is what creates our reality, like a multi dimensional projector. Maybe we are about to get an update?

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Everything is energy controlled and formed into shapes and sounds by frequencies. Perhaps the Moon is what creates our reality, like a multi dimensional projector. Maybe we are about to get an update?

I like the sound of that

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

We should shoot at it, you know, to see what happens.

This should be the default response to pretty much everything.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   
“That little bit of thorium we saw at the surface is the tip of the iceberg of a huge body below the surface that was the plumbing system for this volcano,” says Sieglera

Not buying into this. This is speculation, not fact. Who's to say this was not an area where something is going on beyond our understanding. I do believe that something is going on in/on the moon though.Why else would the prominent countries on Earth spending so much time, effort and money to supposedly get there. reply to: BlackProjects

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BeTheGoddess

Or "poke it with a stick"?

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: BeTheGoddess

Or "poke it with a stick"?

That invokes a great joke, and Phage would have liked it as well.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProjects
www.newscientist.com...

OK maybe it is as they say related to some form of volcanism. Seems to me if there were volcanos on the moon then the moon is probably not an artificial hollow satellite as some say. But I am not a geologist.

What do you think?

Its a base, and Epstein didn't kill himself.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 06:42 PM
link   

a reply to: charlyv

By the way, where is Phage , havent seen any of his posts for months ........

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: firerescue

a reply to: charlyv

By the way, where is Phage , havent seen any of his posts for months ........

New skin grafts, takes some time for recovery.

Jk, i actually was wondering too.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

IMO, we need to focus on colonizing a planet that is similar to Earth to begin with. The moon is a hostile environment.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Funny at a guess I couldn't agree more we are being told after the cat got out of the bag. Perhaps its a higher being's way of sterilizing / terraforming the earth. We do live in interesting times.

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Maybe it's the core of Theia

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProjects

That is interesting.

Granite is absolutely one of those magma produced rocks.

Everyone can see all the basaltic flows that happened on the moon. That's what the dark spots are. The man on the moon is lava flows.

[Pyroclastic flow from volcanic dome on moon]

And if there's that much residue left in the form of pyroxene and feldspar, you have to assume the moon was once really volcanic. Where there was magma and mantle, there is granite and decaying hot spots.

There may even be a cooled off plume deep underneath that hot spot.

It really follows the great impact explanation.

A Mars sized object forms in Earth's (L4 or L5) la grange point and collides in the proto solar system. Logic says the solid iron core of the moon is the remains of the core of Thea. With about 1/2 being absorbed by earth's core in the gravitational dance that followed the impact. This also made earth's core abnormally large and magnetosphere abnormally strong.

They were both molten following this. Moon's core had too little Iron to keep volcanism going too long.

Date the granite. Bet it's 3.8 to 4.3 billion years old. Like the oldest igneous provinces on earth.

Late edit: what the guy right above me said.
edit on 14-7-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Anton

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   
To those saying above "Why are we only finding out now, we have the technology to do X Y and Z" , "oh because we only just spotted it its because it was dormant and is new"

Stay away from the coolaid folk for the love of... why does everything have to be some kind of grand conspiracy... except sure... this place.

The truth is that these measurements are not easy to do. The moon it itself recieves more energy from the sun than it produces itself by a massive amount. And when I say 'by itself' im talking about gravitational cooling, or, cool off of the parts that are facing away from the sun.

The surface temperature of the run varies a lot depending on illumination and loosing heat via radiative transfer is extremely inefficient. Now, to measure these differences you have to take into account loads of factors which take a lot of intense study and modelling. Example, a lot of luna 'soil' is a grey powder, but its a powder that tends to reflect light back at the origin point, the ability of the Luna surface to release heat is not amazing and will be offset depending upon its diffuse colour. Example, a black rock will loose heat faster than a white one when placed in a vacuum chamber (so its radiative cooling), but that extra speed gives us complications to the measurements.

Why? Well some parts of the moon are less reflective than the others parts, some parts are darker in appearance partly due to the reflectivity and partly material differences in the rocks and soil.

Now when we talk about volcanic activity and extra radiation, what they are talking about is Uranium and Thorium decay chain stuff that is just decaying away, as it does, over long time periods. The upshot of this is that the energy from the Alphas, Betas and Gammas produced will be absorbed by the rocks. This is a tiny amount of heat, but it still ends up as heat in the end.

What we are looking at is a TINY amount of extra heat being produced in an area which has some interesting surface features, maybe surface fumaroles as a volcanic plume maybe was not able to break surface to form a cone but was enough to require some gas release. I must clearly state that its a tiny amount of heat compared to the background and the general night day fluctuations, the amplitude is about 10 degrees at a specific microwave band. What it totally suggests is that there is a large geological difference somewhere beneath the surface. Its not like we could go visit the area and be like... OMG its melting my space suit! its still down at a hundred kelvin or so, frigidly cold.

I can also attest that rocks, hard rocks such as granite are typically more radioactive than other types. Anyone who has been underground in a mine will tell you that you don't need to go down that far to start to get an increase in the temperature of the rocks by 10 or 20C and thats in an environment where you have air to transfer the heat away.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join