It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistleblower on US/UK industrial-economic espionage in Canadian Cryptocurrency Markets .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 02:08 AM
link   
My name is W. Lavallee and I am from Alberta, Canada.

I reported on a sophisticated campaign of industrial-economic espionage in Canada to CSIS, it appeared to be led by the U.S. CIA and U.K. MI6, it involved acquisition of Intellectual Property / ideation about IoT and other use cases for a distributed ledger technology that relies on a DAG algorithm (excluding Hedera and excluding Obyte).

Years ago, I embarked on an exploration of the potential for creating innovative labor mobility platforms, focusing on the application and use cases of biometrics and a distributed ledger technology that utilizes Directed Acyclic Graphs (DAG).

During this period, I became acquainted with a business incubator located in Toronto, Ontario. Over time, I developed a belief that this particular business incubator was involved in a sophisticated campaign of industrial-economic espionage. It seemed designed to acquire intellectual property and gain a competitive advantage in conceptualizing and commercializing cutting-edge technologies. Essentially it appeared to be a honeypot. There were indications that this operation had been active in Canada for a considerable duration, primarily focused on the IoT industry and a DAG ledger technology largely originating from Europe (excluding Hedera and excluding Obyte).

While my suspicions were based on mere hunches, intuition, and innuendo, I felt compelled to report my concerns to the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS). Consequently, I provided information about one entity and one individual that I believed to be involved in the economic-industrial espionage activities in Canada.

Since then, I have experienced targeted physical surveillance, cyber-surveillance, and psychological operations conducted by the intelligence and cyber-security apparatus of the U.S. CIA and U.K. MI6.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 05:28 AM
link   
So going to the intelligence community to complain about the intelligence community has not worked out well for you. Sounds like you could be onto something.

If you get the hard data and release it publicly then how Edward Snowden or Julian Assange is one to watch out for.

The approach Steven Greer has taken has not been as hard on him but has had it moments. Going to need a few credible witnesses and take some care in just what is disclosed.

Hard to really comment on your exact situation, personally not surprised these actions from the Intelligence community. Getting an edge on technology is part of what they do, been going on for a while.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: wlavallee1
While my suspicions were based on mere hunches, intuition, and innuendo, I felt compelled to report my concerns to the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS). Consequently, I provided information about one entity and one individual that I believed to be involved in the economic-industrial espionage activities in Canada.
Too bad you didn't have proof.

Since then, I have experienced targeted physical surveillance, cyber-surveillance, and psychological operations conducted by the intelligence and cyber-security apparatus of the U.S. CIA and U.K. MI6.
Can you say any more about what kind of psychological operations?

My knowledge of the intelligence communities is rather rudimentary, but I have heard of FVEY aka "Five Eyes".

The Five Eyes (FVEY) is an intelligence alliance comprising Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
They share intelligence with each other.

One report I read said that both the US and UK had laws which didn't allow the intelligence agencies of those countries to spy on their own citizens (at least not without a warrant). But there was no law against US spying on UK citizens nor against UK spying on US citizens. So to get around the no domestic spying rule, they spied on each other's citizens, and shared the data with each other, and I'm not sure how far that goes into the FVEY alliance but they obviously share data. Since Canada is part of FVEY, who is to say Canada intelligence didn't already know about the intelligence operations of the UK and US, how would we know that Canada is not also involved? Or maybe they are? (presuming your hunches turned out to be correct).

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   

It's sounds like you haven't done much damage, so you're likely just being scrutinized and messed with by people who don't want to be scrutinized and messed with. My guess is, that if you back off, they will too with time. I would also guess, that a lot of what is taking place with regards to intelligent properly acquisition, is within the law, and or, being justified as national security work.

I'm curious about the targeting aspect, as I've done some research into this subject. Can you provide more information about some of the things you have witnessed and experienced, especially with regard to the psychological operations?

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It could very well be an operation done in strategic alignment with Canada. I didn't want to mess with the intelligence community. It's never been my intention to cause them any problems or bring them any harm. My YouTube feed is manipulated with disturbing messages, especially after I went online to post about my circumstance: "This one leaks", "Catching a spy", "160 years later ... we did it", "Information out of bounds", "Confessions of a cyber spy hunter", "I am the danger", along with messages threatening harm.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Could a moderator allow me to edit the original post in the thread please, I'd like to redact specifics.
edit on 11-7-2023 by wlavallee1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2023 by wlavallee1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 07:32 PM
link   

It could very well be an operation done in strategic alignment with Canada. I didn't want to mess with the intelligence community. It's never been my intention to cause them any problems or bring them any harm. My YouTube feed is manipulated with disturbing messages, especially after I went online to post about my circumstance: "This one leaks", "Catching a spy", "160 years later ... we did it", "Information out of bounds", "Confessions of a cyber spy hunter", "I am the danger", along with messages threatening harm.

Bullying tactics demonstrates a certain level of maturity, and lack of seriousness, that should be a little reassuring. Direct threats of violence or harm are against the law, and can be treated as such. You have a right to defend yourself, if needed.

Those comments make me think that you could be right about your assumptions, in which case, you may have been doing your fellow programers, and perhaps the rest of the world, a favor. How do you know if what they are up to is legal, illegal, sanctioned, unsanctioned, or otherwise?
I've heard it said, "if you see something, say something", and it sounds like that's what you did. I highly doubt that you are out there intentionally trying to uncover intelligence assets, nor deserving of the title Cyber Spy Hunter.

Did you post a YouTube video about your circumstances, and if, so would you consider sharing the link? If the information is already in the public domain, I don't see the harm in sharing it here with a community of people that are a little more likely to be understanding of your situation.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

Too bad you didn't have proof.

Can you say any more about what kind of psychological operations?

My knowledge of the intelligence communities is rather rudimentary, but I have heard of FVEY aka "Five Eyes".

The Five Eyes (FVEY) is an intelligence alliance comprising Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
They share intelligence with each other.

One report I read said that both the US and UK had laws which didn't allow the intelligence agencies of those countries to spy on their own citizens (at least not without a warrant). But there was no law against US spying on UK citizens nor against UK spying on US citizens. So to get around the no domestic spying rule, they spied on each other's citizens, and shared the data with each other, and I'm not sure how far that goes into the FVEY alliance but they obviously share data. Since Canada is part of FVEY, who is to say Canada intelligence didn't already know about the intelligence operations of the UK and US, how would we know that Canada is not also involved? Or maybe they are? (presuming your hunches turned out to be correct).

They share intelligence but don't spy on each other its a part of an agreement between those countries.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyNut
They share intelligence but don't spy on each other its a part of an agreement between those countries.

UKUSA Agreement

..a multilateral agreement for cooperation in signals intelligence between Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States. The alliance of intelligence operations is also known as the Five Eyes...

During the 2013 NSA leaks Internet spying scandal, the surveillance agencies of the "Five Eyes" have been accused of intentionally spying on one another's citizens and willingly sharing the collected information with each other, allegedly circumventing laws preventing each agency from spying on its own citizens.[46][47][48]

The 2013 NSA leaks are not entirely new, but rather, they are a confirmation of earlier disclosures about the UK-US espionage alliance. For example, the British newspaper The Independent reported back in 1996 that the US National Security Agency "taps UK phones" at the request of the British intelligence agency MI5, thus allowing British agents to evade restrictive limitations on domestic telephone tapping.[49]

The mutual surveillance and sharing of information between allies of the UK and US resurfaced again during the 2013 mass surveillance disclosures. As described by the news magazine Der Spiegel, this was done to circumvent domestic surveillance regulations:

Britain's GCHQ intelligence agency can spy on anyone but British nationals, the NSA can conduct surveillance on anyone but Americans, and Germany's BND (Bundesnachrichtendienst) foreign intelligence agency can spy on anyone but Germans. That's how a matrix is created of boundless surveillance in which each partner aids in a division of roles. They exchanged information. And they worked together extensively. That applies to the British and the Americans, but also to the BND, which assists the NSA in its Internet surveillance.[50]

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyNut

Although, there are laws in place to prevent governments from spying on the citizens, we continue to find out that laws can be bent, broken, changed, and or, ignored.

FBI reveals it uses CIA and NSA to spy on Americans

The handbook, rewritten in 2021, confirms a decade-old leak showcasing the bureau’s collaboration with the CIA and NSA for FBI probes that may involve surveillance without court orders against people not accused of any crimes. Such probes are known as “assessments” at the FBI.

The words CIA and NSA are unredacted in section 20.2 of the 2021 rule book, while the full details of the section remain hidden from public view. A leaked 2011 copy of the FBI’s rule book without redactions obtained by The Intercept shows that section 20.2 covers name trace requests, which involve formal FBI requests for other agencies to conduct searches of their records regarding subjects of interest.

“The bureau is continuing to hide the fact that 1) they can and clearly do use informants to penetrate domestic civil society organizations where those informants may, either on their own or at FBI direction, attempt to influence the organization’s actions,” Mr. Eddington said in an email. “And 2) [they] employ searches of CIA and NSA data streams on U.S. persons or civil society organizations absent a criminal predicate via assessments.”

Mr. Eddington said both practices should be prohibited by law and Congress will have a chance to do that this year.

And there's this:

www.theepochtimes.com... e=morningbriefnoe&src_morningbriefnoe&utm_campaign=mb-2023-04-28&src_cmp=mb-2023-04-28&utm_medium=email&est=PCLcuJvO5g12s9Jj75JmkG9QW4S226gSebVZEAyOH3 urVq3HI9E%2BucEcwRLciFPWrPCKLNw%3D

edit on 12-7-2023 by IndieA because: Clarification

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Well I wouldn't be surprise that they do spy on each other but we(Canada) during my service didn't or we were not allowed to do so.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyNut

It's nice when people, groups, organizations, corporations, and governments follow the law, as we all should be, and it should be okay to document and report it when they don't.

top topics

join