It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a man? A Egard watches response to Gillete wokeness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Very nice to see some sensible advertising again . Some pushback against all the extreme wokism that has been stripping away at morals and society
As a woman I strongly support this message . And I feel sad when I read the youtube comments, so many men feel de-valued nowadays.

That was the evil agenda all along to strip away men's masculinty and feeling of worth and strenght. A society with 'weakend' men is easier to control

Anyway, here's the video

And in case you're interested in the watches

www.egardwatches.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 02:19 AM
link   
It's simple. Marketing seen the reaction to budlight and repositioned to market towards their goal - men. Its not like the really care about men, its just marketing. "Refreshing" is what they're going for.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

Think it’s a bit more than marketing myself
It’s almost anarchic in modern media

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   
A man is an adult human male

I know it could be difficult for some people to digest simple definitions/facts but some school biology will help enormously with their questions.

edit on 9-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Turquosie

Think it’s a bit more than marketing myself
It’s almost anarchic in modern media

This ad was actually produced a few years ago, pretty soon after the Gillette toxic masculinity ad was first released. I remember posting an OP about it.

I do wonder if they'd dare make such an ad today though. And if they did, how much grief would they get from the Trans lobby?

The political dynamics have changed so much in the last few years.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

It's smart marketing and fairly obvious play at the right time. Gillette is there to make money. To ignore a large portion of the population that feel men often go unheard to cater to PRIDE stuff is just a bad marketing approach. Budlight didn't even do anything bad. They just continued to go in the PRIDE direction that many people were already sick of hearing about.

The pendulum was swinging left for quite some time and its bound to swing the other way. I wouldn't be suprised if companys started doing more of these type of ads.

Edit : didnt intitally realize this ad was from 4 years ago lol.
edit on 9-7-2023 by Turquosie because: (no reason given)

top topics

join