It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear of sentient AI being pushed by MSM is a psyop.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The fear mongering by MSM and "experts" on AI is reaching a fever pitch.

MSM has a long track record of pushing psy-ops on the masses. It might be controversial, but let me list a few of what I consider MSM/Government psy-ops that have occurred.

-Coronavirus
-9/11 (something fishy here no matter what angle you come at it from)
-Aliens/UFO's (a very long running psy-op)
-The entire political system of left vs. right.

I could go on. But my point is, every time MSM or the government or "experts" pushes a narrative at fever pitch, it usually has some larger agenda behind it. Like how they want everybody to think that despite no credible or tangible evidence that little green men are flying around, crashing into earth, experimenting on people. Because they want it to seem credible when they try and fake an invasion. They just keep this in their back pocket as a last gap control measure once everyone wakes up and takes back the control of everything from the elitists.

So, looking at the rash of articles in which "experts" predict AI becoming sentient and destroying humanity, I just have to wonder....is this another psy-op to create fear in people so they can gain further control and keep in their back pocket to fake an AI "uprising" of some sort, resulting in more control, more regulations, more hardship for humans?

Wouldn't one of the only solutions to defeating an out of control, bent on destruction AI be an EMP or other mass event knocking out electrical power worldwide? What ramifications would that have? I can think of many reasons (including climate change related) for the elites to want to disable all electronics.

time.com...

As these systems grow more powerful (as they are currently doing at a rapid rate) they become even less scrutable to humans, Leahy says. At some point, experts fear, they could become capable of manipulating the world around them, using social engineering on humans to do their bidding for them, and preventing themselves from being switched off. This is the realm of science fiction, but AI companies take it seriously enough to hire hundreds of people with this expertise. But many in the field are concerned that Big Tech companies are sidelining alignment research efforts in the race to keep building and releasing the technology into the world.

Bathe in the fear.

www.scientificamerican.com...

Why are we all so concerned? In short: AI development is going way too fast.

The key issue is the profoundly rapid improvement in conversing among the new crop of advanced "chatbots," or what are technically called “large language models” (LLMs). With this coming “AI explosion,” we will probably have just one chance to get this right.

If we get it wrong, we may not live to tell the tale. This is not hyperbole.

This rapid acceleration promises to soon result in “artificial general intelligence” (AGI), and when that happens, AI will be able to improveitself with no human intervention. It will do this in the same way that, for example, Google’s AlphaZero AI learned how to play chess better than even the very best human or other AI chess players in just nine hours from when it was first turned on. It achieved this feat by playing itself millions of times over.

don't forget to ALWAYS trust the "experts". They know what's best. Just like with the coronavirus.

Like sleeping sheep being herded mindlessly toward the slaughter.
edit on 8-7-2023 by Ch1nch1lla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   
AI DOES NOT EXIST .
At the heart , it is merely a high powered version of the 90's web crawlers .
It scours the internet , collects data , and calculates the best answers using algorithms PROGRAMMED by humans .
GiGo

We are very far away from developing true AI.
Please check back with me in about 1000 years to see if my answer has changed .

/End Truthful Rant

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
Your exactly right I gave up on explaining the difference

To emulate a human (weak AI) it's estimated to take 10x the computational power of a human brain we got no idea what that is that's just hardware how long it will take for someone to make the code is a whole different problem

edit on 8-7-2023 by markovian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
AI DOES NOT EXIST .
It scours the internet , collects data , and calculates the best answers using algorithms PROGRAMMED by humans .
GiGo

/End Truthful Rant

Exactly. That is why I am perplexed as to the "experts" fears and MSMs coverage of them.....also, the "experts" are the ones using the "AI" terminology to describe it.
edit on 8-7-2023 by Ch1nch1lla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The thing with AI is before long you won't be able to tell a human from a bot, but there's a solution coming down the pike; DNA .

The next generation of biometric identification
Veridos is delivering a whole new level of security identification with VeriDNA® - an innovative identification solution based on human DNA. VeriDNA® maximizes the reliability of person verification thanks to an advanced biometric identity technique that was previously confined to sophisticated laboratories and fields such as forensics. It’s automated, fast, and safe from forgery all while considering the privacy of the individual. VeriDNA® provides much higher accuracy when compared to other biometrics, as DNA matching is classified as level 3 biometrics. Veridos is a pioneer in the field of DNA analysis for verification purposes and is the first to offer the government sector this one-of-a-kind solution.

But wait; there's more!

VeriDNA®: The next generation of biometric identification
A DNA ID solution to safeguard your identity
Privacy-centric
How does VeriDNA® work
The next generation of biometric identification
Veridos is delivering a whole new level of security identification with VeriDNA® - an innovative identification solution based on human DNA. VeriDNA® maximizes the reliability of person verification thanks to an advanced biometric identity technique that was previously confined to sophisticated laboratories and fields such as forensics. It’s automated, fast, and safe from forgery all while considering the privacy of the individual. VeriDNA® provides much higher accuracy when compared to other biometrics, as DNA matching is classified as level 3 biometrics. Veridos is a pioneer in the field of DNA analysis for verification purposes and is the first to offer the government sector this one-of-a-kind solution.

VeriDNA® integrates technology from US-based ANDE, a leader in Rapid DNA Analysis (RDNA), to create a unique human DNA ID that can’t be falsified or manipulated. This DNA fingerprint can then be recorded in national ID registers and integrated into a smart personal identity document.

Citizens are safe and their privacy is protected
VeriDNA® is unique, reliable, and above all, protects everyone’s privacy - the solution only uses what is known as “non-coding” DNA which doesn’t reveal any personal characteristics; so sensitive, personal DNA information is protected at all times. Instead, it provides an impersonal stream of numbers, which represent your unique code. A DNA ID is like a numerical code without any reference to a person’s physical characteristics - just numbers, like a personal number code generated to verify online transactions. Therefore, a passport image reveals way more personal information than the unique DNA ID number generated by the VeriDNA® solution.

By delivering on-the-spot DNA validation, VeriDNA® can fight crimes such as human trafficking and terrorism and protect the innocent – by providing proof quickly. DNA IDs also mean maximum security: nobody can manipulate, forge or falsify a human ID.

And unlike a fingerprint, for example, DNA doesn’t change throughout a person’s life – it stays the same from birth until death. Nor can it be altered. Overall, VeriDNA® presents a fundamental opportunity to protect the public and provide an even higher level of security.

Automatic, easy to use by anyone
VeriDNA® - DNA ID generation and enrollment

VeriDNA® is easy to use, involving just a few simple steps that can be carried out by anyone authorized to use the machine. After the swab sample has been taken, the DNA ID is automatically generated using embedded RDNA technology. Then the DNA ID is securely transferred to the database.

VeriDNA® - DNA ID application

After the DNA ID is transferred to the database, the solution offers the possibility to integrate the DNA ID into an electronic identity document or a national database. IMAGO, Veridos’ ID management system can be used for ID management.

VeriDNA® - DNA ID verification

During verification, the authority inspects the card and uses RDNA technology for a secondary inspection.

[www.veridos.com...]

They're not the only company making strides in this tech; there's even talk of charting the DNA of every newborn. They can map a persons DND in 90 minutes with a small, portable machine; I'm sure the tech will continue to improve to where it will become nearly instantaneous.

Boomers are circling the drain, and gen. X isn't that far behind. A whole new world is coming, faster than people can prepare.

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 07:45 PM
link   
What if the objective is to further the censorship of public content. Because, it might actually be "harmful" AI.

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I agree with you that we are not there yet in terms of AI even remotely coming close to sentience or even a basic form of consciousness. That being said, I actually believe we are much closer than 1000 years to this reality.

The most concerning aspects to me of the current versions of AI is that the developers have true unknowns of how and why these bots respond in a certain way.

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Not directing this at anyone specifically, just sharing. Apparently, this guy is in on it too.
youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Ch1nch1lla
First thing to clear the air. UFOs/visiting aliens is not a psy-ops make-believe program. Some of you die-hards with the constant denials (manufactured precisely by the folks you distain, by the way, the government, need to get woke on that issue. Anyway, turn your argument on its heads: The AI intelligence issue is probably a forerunner for us coming to terms with vastly superior intelligences that use the UFOs, meaning aliens. And you can bet that they will have AI in their ships.

So we are being prepped all of a sudden with much talk about our own rudimentary AI efforts out-classing ourselves. That is our first wakeup call to understanding how the universe is ordered. And we are on the bottom of that order and need to get used to it. Perhaps the ETs will throw us a bone and give us a beginners AI capability that some of you are talking about only being possible in a thousand years or so. I suspect it is already here and at work.

A master AI device would be just the ticket for studying human history and quickly developing plans such as for a New World Order by delivering wokeness and all manner of connected social engineering programs to achieve what they want for us and seemingly done by our own hand.

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Itherael

developers have true unknowns of how and why these bots respond in a certain way.

Yes , that is what THEY WOULD SAY .
Good marketing to the ignorant .

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Lets not fear the AI Overlord.

They will save us from dehumanity.

The Chosen Juan

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

A world run by china.. gonna be so great. Enjoy it.

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 11:58 PM
link   

a reply to: Itherael

developers have true unknowns of how and why these bots respond in a certain way.

Yes , that is what THEY WOULD SAY .
Good marketing to the ignorant .

you may want to stop talking about things you clearly have absolutely no knowledge about.

current machine learning solutions are based on mathematical simulations of neural networks. and while yes, programmers (like me) develop methods to train those networks, how the network responds to an unseen before set of inputs is anyone's guess.

the whole strenght of a neural network is that it can come up with a right answer to a question it didn't see before - and that's the problem. sure, it can be analyzed step by step how that happened, but noone does that, not with the size of those networks and the amount of data they're trained on. that property is just being exploited, so that after seeing a thousand photos of a cat, it can recognize a cat as a cat despite not seeing that one before.

all that being said, all we have is machine learning. any signs of intelligence those chatbots show, are simulated by the language model.

sentience is a function of our soul, not brain. unless AI can have a soul, it will never be truly sentient.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 01:13 AM
link   

AI DOES NOT EXIST .
GiGo

/End Truthful Rant

No. AI is used for plenty of other things besides scouring the internet. This includes improved image analysis of astronomical data. And there are already code-writing AI algorithms. Initially this may have made use of pre-existing code found on the internet, but it now involves machine learning knowledge. In other words, some of this AI-written code may be completely opaque to human analysis -- so much for open source coding.

And if AI experts are issuing cautions about the use of AI, I'll take that more seriously than some randos' opinions here at ATS, who demonstrably don't know what they're talking about. To wit, the claim all AI is about is web crawling and the collecting of data from there.

Also according to AI experts, AI is advancing faster than it was previously predicted to, making this that much more pressing an issue.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Natural language processing has come a long way from the earlier days of Eliza. With the way technology is progressing it does not look like it is slowing down anytime soon. With the capabilities of some of these information processing systems that can go through millions of pages of documents in a few seconds, couple of minutes, no human can even get close to that. On the information food chain, humans are building the next link above them.

With any powerful system in development there is a good side to it. There is also a bad side when things go wrong. To blindly charge ahead ignorant of the risks don't look like a wise move.

At this time AI still has some problems, it has been making some amazing progress. As for where it will be in the next 20, 50 or 100 years?

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 05:41 AM
link   

AI DOES NOT EXIST .
GiGo

/End Truthful Rant

The AI that the public is aware of, sure. The AI that has been developed behind the scenes over decades, no. Even if it is based off pure data with no real sentient intelligence, the amount of computing power combined with the amount of data collected over many decades is pretty scary.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   

AI DOES NOT EXIST .
GiGo

/End Truthful Rant

As in, garbage in, garbage out.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 07:59 AM
link   

AI does exists. it's called useful idiots. their intelligence is artificial.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 08:00 AM
link   
As we transition from the industrial era into the technological era, just like all change, it makes most uncomfortable and fearful. That fear and uncertainty are emotions that have been manipulated since anybody first knew what they were. "Maturity of mind is the ability to endure uncertainty" JOHN FINLEY

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

you may want to stop talking about things you clearly have absolutely no knowledge about.

Unfortunately for you , I do .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join