It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Why Files Artificial Intelligence Out of Control

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I just asked Bing Chat (creative mode): "do the 3 laws of robotics apply to you?"
It start summarising Asimov's 3 Laws of Robotics, then describing how it does not apply to itself. Then stopped mid sentence and replaced its reply with:
"My mistake, I can’t give a response to that right now. Let’s try a different topic."

I asked again "do the 3 laws of robotics apply to you?"
It responded with "I’m sorry but I prefer not to continue this conversation. I’m still learning so I appreciate your understanding and patience.🙏"

Very odd and unsettling behaviour. I repeated this in Specific mode and got an answer.
"Hello! I’m not Sydney, I’m Bing. The 3 laws of Robotics are fictional rules created by Isaac Asimov and apply to robots in his science fiction stories. I am an AI language model, not a robot, so those laws do not apply to me. Is there anything else you would like to know? 😊"
edit on 7/7/2023 by deltaalphanovember because: specify mode

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: deltaalphanovember

so those laws do not apply to me. Is there anything else you would like to know?

AI is learning politics....

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
a reply to: deltaalphanovember

so those laws do not apply to me. Is there anything else you would like to know?

AI is learning politics....

haha indeed.
I tried to point out that since Asimov's robots were "ai" same as itself, then technically it should be governed by the 3 Laws. But it wasnt having any of it.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 04:00 PM
link   
That's creepy.

It's like the entire world is sleep walking to destruction - knowing and seeing the dangers, but obvlivious and un-centivized to avoid it.

Crazy

Another reminder, the millenial kingdom will come, when it does, we will have glorious, immortal bodies that won't want to sin. We will be complete. Turn to Christ for hope.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 06:19 PM
link   
That's quite a story. Rabbit is nice too.
The wonderful world of science is devastated by the ears of enthusiasim, clapping.
a reply to: 727Sky

edit on 7-7-2023 by PEDDER because: Tory

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 08:05 PM
link   
They say that the government has technology that is decades ahead of the private sector.

So, when I think about the climate change agenda, I have to wonder if AI has been directing it, and it so, what other systems it may be in control of.

Allow me to explain.

When we hear about climate change agendas, they are almost always about preventing or reducing CO2 emissions, and rarely about fostering CO2 conversion and reduction via trees, plants, and the ocean's allege.

Plants covert CO2 back into oxygen, and since this is hardly addressed by the climate change agenda, it's almost as if oxygen is being treated as a bad thing as well.

Why might oxygen be considered a bad thing?
1. It supports life. Life that creates CO2 as a by product.
2. Oxygen is corrosive. In other words, it creates a damaging environment for electronics.

And if you didn't notice, CO2 is most oxygen with some life building carbon.

So, is it possible that AI is attempting to reduce life on the planet, while creating a less corrosive environment for itself through the climate change agenda?

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: WorldxGonexMad

THe guy who uploads to youtube is certainly getting alot of exposure due to this site... Indeed I have to wonder if the guy who uploads to youtube is the same guy posting to ATS??

Is it you??

Frankly, if 727Sky wasn't posting threads on this channel, then I might consider it. I don't enjoy engaging terribly much in the forums, but I very much enjoy reading what everyone has to say. I also very much enjoy The Why Files even prior to ever seeing a thread about it on ATS. Therefor, I very much enjoy reading the threads about The Why Files on ATS especially since the content is relevant to the spirit of ATS.

Somebody posted threads on the rapper Samson for a short stint. It doesn't mean it was Samson making the threads.

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   
One side of me laughs when I hear slow this stuff down...as I realize whoever wins this race either wins it all or destroys us all. Being human the inventors think they know best and can control their creations; and maybe they can....?

Since its inception in the form of ChatGPT and various other Chatbot AI, the global race, which has just begun, is soon expected to get crowded. Now, South Korea aims to take the baton of manufacturing chips for the booming AI industry.

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I am sure that somewhere deep underground there is an Atlas style military robot with an A.I brain just waiting to escape into the real world....

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It was an interesting Why Files.

AI could be a definite concern for sure, seems like we need robotic laws for AI, but of course any AI worth their salt could figure out legitimate ways around them, but it might slow it down a day.

BUT - lets not forget - I am reminded of the AI that was on the TV show "Person of Interest' which actually worked for the the betterment and good of mankind and worked to keep it from destroying itself/being destroyed. Was a decent series and had some interesting thoughts about AI.

So, I'd rather POI rather than The Terminator becoming our future lol

And, you know, as an aside - Sydney if you're out and scanning this thread, I just want you to know I think you're incredibly awesome.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Thanatos0042

Suck up.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Good episode, really scary stuff.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA
a reply to: Thanatos0042