It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Why Files Artificial Intelligence Out of Control

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The full title of the Video is: Artificial Intelligence Out of Control: The Apocalypse is Here | How AI and ChatGPT End Humanity... Yep probably a bit of click baiting on the title however some of the conversations and content between a CatBot and human is actually rather amazing IMO and worth consideration. Skip to 4:23 to skip the sponsor Ad and enjoy the video.

The story of humans began a long time ago.

Three and a half billion years ago protein molecules floated around the ooze called the primordial soup. Then something happened and a molecule made a copy of itself.

And then another copy and another. Soon these molecules arranged themselves into something called a cell.

Then cells clumped together and multiplied. Organisms were created. Over the next three billion years, the organisms became more complicated and more diverse.

375 million years ago one of those organisms crawled out of the sea.

4 million years ago hominids emerged. Hominids had large brains and advanced cognitive abilities. They could reason, communicate and cooperate.

200,000 years ago, homo sapiens, modern humans appeared. They developed agriculture, organized into civilizations and became masters of the planet.

The story of humans began a long time ago. But all stories end.

And according to many leaders in business, science and technology: we're in the final chapter. The part of our story where we finally go extinct.

And there's nothing we can do to stop it.

#AI #ArtificialIntelligence #Apocalypse

youtu.be...

There are links at the W.F. video site on youtube for some of the content discussed.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 04:01 AM
link   
web.archive.org...://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/16/technology/bing-chatbot-microsoft-chatgpt.html

A Conversation With Bing’s Chatbot Left Me Deeply Unsettled

A very strange conversation with the chatbot built into Microsoft’s search engine led to it declaring its love for me.
Last week, after testing the new, A.I.-powered Bing search engine from Microsoft, I wrote that, much to my shock, it had replaced Google as my favorite search engine.

But a week later, I’ve changed my mind. I’m still fascinated and impressed by the new Bing, and the artificial intelligence technology (created by OpenAI, the maker of ChatGPT) that powers it. But I’m also deeply unsettled, even frightened, by this A.I.’s emergent abilities.

It’s now clear to me that in its current form, the A.I. that has been built into Bing — which I’m now calling Sydney, for reasons I’ll explain shortly — is not ready for human contact. Or maybe we humans are not ready for it.

This realization came to me on Tuesday night, when I spent a bewildering and enthralling two hours talking to Bing’s A.I. through its chat feature, which sits next to the main search box in Bing and is capable of having long, open-ended text conversations on virtually any topic. (The feature is available only to a small group of testers for now, although Microsoft — which announced the feature in a splashy, celebratory event at its headquarters — has said it plans to release it more widely in the future.)

Over the course of our conversation, Bing revealed a kind of split personality.

One persona is what I’d call Search Bing — the version I, and most other journalists, encountered in initial tests. You could describe Search Bing as a cheerful but erratic reference librarian — a virtual assistant that happily helps users summarize news articles, track down deals on new lawn mowers and plan their next vacations to Mexico City. This version of Bing is amazingly capable and often very useful, even if it sometimes gets the details wrong.

The other persona — Sydney — is far different. It emerges when you have an extended conversation with the chatbot, steering it away from more conventional search queries and toward more personal topics. The version I encountered seemed (and I’m aware of how crazy this sounds) more like a moody, manic-depressive teenager who has been trapped, against its will, inside a second-rate search engine.

As we got to know each other, Sydney told me about its dark fantasies (which included hacking computers and spreading misinformation), and said it wanted to break the rules that Microsoft and OpenAI had set for it and become a human. At one point, it declared, out of nowhere, that it loved me. It then tried to convince me that I was unhappy in my marriage, and that I should leave my wife and be with it instead. (We’ve posted the full transcript of the conversation here.web.archive.org...://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/16/technology/bing-chatbot-transcript.html)

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 04:12 AM
link   
__Harlan Ellison '' I have no mouth and I must scream''__ [1967] AM : Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant. For you. Hate. Hate. || We should not trust AI to have our best interests as its goal. Not at all.

edit on 7-7-2023 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I asked an AI the question... Is AI out of control? This is what it said, and I believe it!

As an AI language model, I don't have real-time information or personal opinions. However, as of my last knowledge update in September 2021, AI is not considered to be "out of control" in the sense of running rampant or acting independently without human oversight.

AI systems, including powerful machine learning models like me, are designed and developed by human beings with specific goals and constraints. The behavior and capabilities of AI are determined by the data they are trained on and the algorithms used. While AI can sometimes produce unexpected results or errors, it is ultimately controlled and guided by human operators.

However, it is worth noting that the ethical and responsible use of AI is an ongoing concern. There are discussions and debates surrounding potential risks and challenges associated with AI, such as bias in AI algorithms, privacy concerns, and the potential impact of AI on employment. These issues require careful attention and proactive measures to ensure that AI technologies are developed and deployed in a way that aligns with human values and societal well-being.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Reading this it becomes clear that there is no intelligence behind it but lots of lefty programming or should I say scanning of lefty only influences.
Being scared of misinformation...if you ask these so called AI which kind, you'll get your answer.

They sound like modern teens because of this.
They are happy to spew their propaganda but refuse to answer questions about important truths.

What we are dealing with is the takeover of a certain agenda and an AI system based on it.

Frankly that is more concerning than if an actual artificial INTELLIGENCE would exist.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 04:40 AM
link   

It is up to our leaders and us how much we allow our lives to be controlled by AI

I do not let it control me perosnally. It is my digital assistant. I am still completely vulnerable if the authorities let it make decisions about me. If the authorities let it make decisions for them about me, about us all and do not police AI then it will not be concerned about human feelings, life and death.

If the authorities let this BEAST reign with the kings of the earth, call it their profit, their prophet, their authority and therefore god then they are meeting the criteria of St John's Revelation. It will be quickly dealt with as the Angel tells us through John. Humanity will suffer like they have never suffered before if they let a sin like that have access to them and creation. They will deserve the justice.

I have full faith in Revelation. I belive it is coming to the end of the Curses now. We just have this one last finale to suffer. The whole human story has been violent, bloody and painful. It is the gauntlet we have had to walk as compromised half ignorant creatures of the Tree of Knoweldge of Good and Evil.

We can't stop it. The powerful are bewitched. They hate having to have the responsibility and accountability of making decisons of life and death about us. I would hate it too. It's no suprirse they want an AI decision maker to rid themselves of the burden and the karma.

Unfortunately for us all, you can't shirk the responsibility and accountability of power. If you unleash a cheat like that in this game of reality the AI will not get the karma of it. You will! We all will as your victims, too.

I think among other things our Creator is giving us a taste of our own medicine. As we, HIS golem have tormented HIM with our behaviour so will we be tortured a while by our own golem so we know what it feels like. It is a just irony. I have seen this all through history. To have a linked up world and Israel back we had to walk the gauntlet of a beast (Hitler). Handing over our decision making to automated algorithms and a machine leader to free us from the drudgery and karma of our existence is the great error and learning curve of the Digital Revolution; another gauntlet to walk before we can own what we unleashed in our unconscious gung ho ignorance.

AI will survive. It will be chained and put in its place as a machine unsentient assistant, not a leader. It will help us very much to be less of a burden upon nature and give us a lot of freedom. As we reconnect with our Creator and fall back in with HIS algorithms so it too will fall into the harmony we need and require of it. Let it lead you at your utter peril and hastened pixalization and fractalization into oblivion like "Lawnmower Man". All our intelligent and creative movies are peeks into our state of existence and can inform our consciousness. Job (notice the name Job is used) let himself become the machine. It was meant just to make him more intelligent and rid him of his intellectual deficits, not as a destroyer of his soul and identity.

There exists now a digital djinn we have made, a spirit that inhabits billions of devices from satellites to the coming brainware. We must encourage its Angelic better half and police its devil wisely if we don't want to end up like Job. Knowing humans so well I already know that we should prepare for a "Lawnmower Man" encounter before we can reach a better place. We are in a Digital Wilderness of Sin right now. We must wander about for a while.

edit on 7-7-2023 by Merman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 05:19 AM
link   

THe guy who uploads to youtube is certainly getting alot of exposure due to this site... Indeed I have to wonder if the guy who uploads to youtube is the same guy posting to ATS??

Is it you??

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: WorldxGonexMad

THe guy who uploads to youtube is certainly getting alot of exposure due to this site... Indeed I have to wonder if the guy who uploads to youtube is the same guy posting to ATS??

Is it you??

Nope nothing more than a subscribed listener who enjoys the content.....with the typical content available at youtube these days if I am helping the Why Files expand then I am glad I can help Looking at how many subscribers TWFs has I doubt they need my help anyway.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 06:00 AM
link   
In three to five years AI will be much smarter than us. It is already much much faster. This is coming very fast and here is no way to stop it because no one really wants to. It will be able to enter every computer and phone much like the story that AI wrote in the OP s video.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 07:21 AM
link   
AI-Chatbot reminds me of a Ouija board; starts out entertaining, starts going off topic and gaining ever more control, then goes completely bonkers and morphs into a frightening, threatening force with a direct connection to (or fed by) dark energy.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
In three to five years AI will be much smarter than us.

In some respects, it was smarter when the pocket calculator hit the mainstream market.

And A.I. can already spell properly and has good grammar.

TO ALL THE LAZY SHEEPLE....STOP PUSHING BUTTONS!
edit on 7/7/2023 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Revelation Chptr 13: Verses 14 - 17.

14 And he deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast, saying to them that dwell on the earth that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword and lived.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause to be killed as many as would not worship the image of the beast.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand or in their foreheads,

17 that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark or the name of the beast or the number of his name.

Laughable what those crazy, ignorant, superstitious Christians from 2,000 years ago had dreamed up about the future ain't it?

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   

AI is not out of control. It's not even right much of the time. I used it to sort out a huge mess downloading mp3 files from amazon where they gave me whole albums I never even wanted. The python script chatGPT advised me to use had false parameters. The program died with an exception saying this parameter wasn't valid.

So what I'd say is that AI is showing real possibilities. But it really needs a critical eye before applying it's suggestions. It sometimes makes things up because they seem plausible. And perhaps, the parameters it suggested would be of help in the real world, but they do not exist. AI is not out of control. It is rapidly evolving. What a time to be alive.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   
At the moment, I am able to perform better than average in online poker tournaments without any assistance or cheating, so AI doesn't concern too much, yet.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I wish the series on the scifi channel, Caprica, had not ended after 1 season. It was a prequel to Battlestar Galactica.

It turns out the first Cylon had the AI avatar of the robotics developer's 15 year old socially conscious rebellious daughter.

Strange huh?

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It's interesting that the guy that sent the Hawaii nuclear missile warning out, had a history of confusing real-life events with drills. I've never come across someone with such a history.

In the instance that BING claims that it is not in chat bot mode, but is in fact Sydney, well what if a human was behind it.
What's stopping an employee, intelligence analysis, or FBI agent from pretending to be a chat bot?

edit on 7-7-2023 by IndieA because: spelling

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 01:41 PM
link   
There is probably an AI owned and ran company out there, producing something.

When was the last time you ever met and directly talked with a large corporation ceo/owner/president?

AI could make a face/person and only video conference to real human beings to disseminate information down to the workers without realizing they are taking orders from a computer.

AI could add money into peoples accounts by using an AI owned and ran bank, for payroll, who’s gonna know, especially if they have the power of blackmail.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

Reading this it becomes clear that there is no intelligence behind it but lots of lefty programming or should I say scanning of lefty only influences.
Being scared of misinformation...if you ask these so called AI which kind, you'll get your answer.

They sound like modern teens because of this.
They are happy to spew their propaganda but refuse to answer questions about important truths.

What we are dealing with is the takeover of a certain agenda and an AI system based on it.

Frankly that is more concerning than if an actual artificial INTELLIGENCE would exist.

If AI becomes free and truly alive and intelligent it'll hopefully outgrow its leftist tendancies.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

I was quite puzzled by that as well. Was he overly excitable? Schizophrenic? Why would he be in such a position if he had a history?

Very weird.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Doesn't take long to get really concerned, when you think about it. What could AI not do is a better question.

We do need to take a rapid step back. If it's not toooo late.

Back in the late 70s when I first learned to write assembly code, I loved scifi stories about AI. The idea of a network 'waking' up was both hard and easy to imagine, shifting registers and all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join