It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complete Paul Freeman Bigfoot Film

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I made this video which shows the entire Freeman Bigfoot encounter. (I don't make money from the videos, I just make them to share with y'all to start a discussion)

I recently came across the extended version of Paul Freeman's Bigfoot film. I had never seen the full version, just the clips that highlight the bigfoot sighting in the video. Many people believe this to be an authentic encounter, while others think it was a somewhat elaborate hoax.

What do you all think? Do you have any more information about the backstory to this video and claim? I'm undecided, just based on watching the video. It would be nice to find out what sort of stuff the people on ATS know about the Paul Freeman story.

Paul Freeman was an American Bigfoot hunter who claimed to have discovered Bigfoot tracks showing dermal ridges.[1] The plaster casts Freeman subsequently made were convincing enough to be considered critical pieces of evidence by anthropologists Jeff Meldrum of Idaho State University and Grover Krantz of Washington State University, who put considerable time and resources into studying them. Others, like René Dahinden and Bob Titmus, thought Freeman was simply a hoaxer seeking attention.

On June 10, 1982, Freeman reportedly sighted a Bigfoot near Walla Walla, Washington, which he described as being nearly 8 ft (2.4 m) tall and covered in reddish-brown body hair. In 1994 Freeman captured a purported Bigfoot on videotape near the Blue Mountains region of northeastern Oregon. The recording is considered authentic by some Bigfoot investigators, but is of resolution too low to be considered conclusive by most.

Paul Freeman Wiki

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   
In a lot of ways, I think Freeman's film is just as important as Patty.

When in doubt on all things Sasquatch and or Bigfoot related I always head to Bigfoot Forums, it just always has the best links to info elsewhere.

Here's the link to all the posts on Freeman on Bigfootforums, I've read most of these, I still believe Patterson and Gimlin, and I think Freeman has more credibility than their story

bigfootforums.com...

FWIW supposedly Freeman admitted to faking a track once, but also remember he sold $2000 worth of tracks to Jeff Meldrum, one would like to believe if anybody on the planet could spot a hoax track it would be Jeff Meldrum.
edit on 6-7-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: esteay812

I’ve never seen this one before. Thanks for sharing.

My thoughts: My feet are 11 inches long. These tracks are 9 inches long. I think it would be more fair to categorize them as Fatfoot prints, not Bigfoot prints.

Additionally, are Fatfoot’s deaf? The person filming is making quite a bit of noise and it doesn’t seem to phase the Fatfoot’s one bit.
edit on 6-7-2023 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   

The tracks are very poorly faked in my opinion, nothing organic about them.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

That is not good for backing up his claim 😂. Cry wolf kinda deal.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: XipeTotex

Yeah, those tracks are different than others we've seen people claim are from bigfoot.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Back then I wasn't interested in the researchers as much as talking with other regular people who were dealing with BF.
Once you've seen them you quickly move on to wanting to know about their patterns of behavior. Trying to prove their existence at that point is a huge step backwards.

There was a lot of internet drama over Freeman, but I'm glad to see the footage!!
Erring on the side of caution I have no issue with the footprints. I have big'ol flat duck feet so if you were measuring the veracity of my barefoot tracks next to another woman's whose worn high heels her whole life they are gonna be wildly different, different enough you'd never guess "female human" more like teen boy.

The other thing that hooks me is Freeman's huffing & puffing as he found the (probably juvenile's track) then more
labored breathing as he humps it uphill. The ground looked like hardpacked clay so those tracks wouldn't be as deep or well formed as what we're used to seeing. We also need to remember his camera/video equiptment was pre-digital
like our cell phones. Here many years later on our current equiptment we're getting blobsquatches. Back then on the older technology you at least got a decent image.

I think Freeman got a raw deal in the past.
Another point is back then it didn't matter what evidence you had. The first order of business was to deride ANYONE who claimed to see a BF. Present evidence of seeing them more than once in the same area got you tore to shreds.
The environment now has completely changed 360 degrees. I think it's great you dug up Freemans stuff to look at
cause without the early 90"s bias's I'll bet a lot of the older evidence is way better than we treated it.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Very good post.

It never crossed my mind, but it should've, when someone made comments about the size of the footprint. It's believed this video actually has any adolescent squatch in it at the end.

You also make a good point about if you know they exist, you dont try to prove it as much anymore. I've seen some pretty crazy stuff that I cant explain, but know I saw it and no one would believe me. It doesnt matter to me anymore whether they believe it or not, I know exactly what I've seen.

However, I've never seen a bigfoot and I've spent a ton of time in the back country of National Parks. Probably why I spend time looking for the best evidence of their existence and try to get more information from folks like y'all. ATS is a great place for that, with people who will generally give rationale opinions on both sides.

I've got a few more sightings I'm looking into, but his seems to be some of the best video and story so far.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The "creature" sure seemed to walk gingerly through the brush, almost like it was afraid of stepping on something ouchy.

Bigsoftfoot? (or someone in a suit?)

Sorry...seems not legit to me. My opinion

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Well this will make you nuts.
Looking for them in National Parks? You'd think so, right?

Just like the deer & turkey are moving into semi-rural & suburban area's the BF are too. Wanna see a predator? Follow the prey. Bigfoot Odyssey has some decent video's on YT. Has done a few in subdivisions/suburbs. (rip Kerry)

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

I didn't notice that. I have read a bit more about the encounter and it seems that there is a "baby bigfoot" in the video at the end. This doesn't explain what you saw, but could explain the small footprints, if real.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 09:08 PM
link   

That makes sense. I do recall seeing several "sightings" videos where bigfoot is in the backyard or by the treeline. I'll definitely check that channel out.

If you can't tell, I've been a bigfoot fan for quite a while, but I've never really dug deep into different sightings. . . just watched the popular videos and bigfoot hunters a few times. It's pretty wild how the opinions vary so much and people feel so strongly about their opinions, one way or the other.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: esteay812

That makes sense. I do recall seeing several "sightings" videos where bigfoot is in the backyard or by the treeline. I'll definitely check that channel out.

If you can't tell, I've been a bigfoot fan for quite a while, but I've never really dug deep into different sightings. . . just watched the popular videos and bigfoot hunters a few times. It's pretty wild how the opinions vary so much and people feel so strongly about their opinions, one way or the other.

I love the subject and like a lot of people, it stems from seeing the Legend of Boggy Creek in the theaters in the 70s, and first seeing the Patterson Gimlin film. Often and over the years I've read numerous books embarrassing too many, some accounts seem so fanciful and constructed that it gets a smirk and a roll of the eyes, but others lots of others, there are too many accounts, too many tracks, too many visual sightings for them all to be mistakes, hoaxes or fakes. It just takes one to be true for Bigfoot to exist. All the Native American stories have always intrigued me, the book Raincoast Sasquatch has loads of intricately detailed stories and accounts

From Sasquatch Legend meets Science Meldrum and the metatarsal ridge of bigfoot casts would be hard for a novice to duplicate, Meldrum following the tracks in Idaho on a lonely ridge for miles, who in the hell does that just to fake out somebody? I've always found the Elkins Creek cast credible as hell, and so does Meldrum, who BTW has had no problem pointing out fakes and hoax casts in the past.

FWIW if they do exist, no doubt our military and government would likely have knowledge, you know just like they denied that they had evidence of UFOs for decades and rebranded them UAPs or the soft disclosure.

A few years ago most people would have scoffed at the idea of the government having so many non-human aircraft it's possible they are doling them out to corporations to see if they can figure them out and reverse engineer them. Because our government can not.

Now we have whistle-blowers and Congress sniffing around UFOs, it's not totally inconceivable we could get more clarity on the Bigfoot issue sooner or later. Perhaps a clearer indisputable video, a whistleblower from the DOI or National Park systems.

It's human nature's defense mechanism to be dismissive and have the belief we know all that is knowable about this little blue ball whizzing through space.

cool thread thanks for bringing it up, UFOS, Bigfoot and other mysteries are what got me following ATS

www.bigfootencounters.com...

Bigfoot Encounters
Dermal Ridge Examination Report: Georgia Casting
To: Dr. Jeff Meldrum
Dept. Biological Science
Idaho State University
Pocatello, Idaho
Latent Fingerprint Examiner
Conroe Police Department
Conroe, Texas

On November 15, 1999 I received from Dr. Jeff Meldrum a plaster cast footprint. The cast was made by Deputy James P. Akin of the Pike County Sheriff's Office in Pike County, Georgia in 1997 from an impression found in the Elkins Creek flood plain. The cast was 17.5" long and 8.5" wide

The Elkins Creek casting was examined over a period of several months and I observed several areas on the cast where primate dermal ridges appeared.

This longitudinal flow of the ridges is not found in the human or known non-human primate.
This ridge flow is consistent with the ridge flow of the 1967 Blue Creek Mountain Road casting and the 1984 Walla Walla, Table Spring casting.

After a considerable amount of time studying the four areas indicated above, I have come to the conclusion that the dermal ridges in Areas "A" and "B" are definitely the ridges of a non-human primate. This conclusion is based on the fact that humans have creases running perpendicular to the lateral ridges on the first joint of the toes where the toe meets the foot. No such creases were observed in Areas "A" or "B". (See attached appendix #1) In area the ridges flow lengthwise along the side of the foot. This does not occur in the human or the known non-human primate. This ridge flow is also consistent with the 1967 Blue Creek Mountain Road cast and the 1984 Walla Walla, Table Spring cast.
Based on the conclusions reached after careful study of the Elkins Creek Cast I give the following opinion:

The Elkins Creek Cast is that of an unknown primate.

J.H, Chilcutt
Latent Fingerprint Examiner
Conroe Police Department.

edit on 7-7-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Man in a suit.

Worst acting ever.

Amazing a large amount of trail left to the elements is perfectly dusty enough to make discernible full footprints.

Note. Added. Footprints have a history of being faked.

Amazing Bigfoot uses a hiking trail that is kept trampled down by people.

Where is the breeding population big enough to support Bigfoot.
edit on 7-7-2023 by WhatItIs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhatItIs
Man in a suit.

Worst acting ever.

Amazing a large amount of trail left to the elements is perfectly dusty enough to make discernible full footprints.

Note. Added. Footprints have a history of being faked.

Amazing Bigfoot uses a hiking trail that is kept trampled down by people.

Where is the breeding population big enough to support Bigfoot.

Well, there you have it ATS easily 70 plus years of supposed Bigfoot sightings and encounters solved in 6 sentences. FWIW here's a Newsweek explanation of the Bigfoot population question, get your thinking caps on it is a very scientific approach.

www.newsweek.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Well, there you have it ATS easily 70 plus years of supposed Bigfoot sightings and encounters solved in 6 sentences. FWIW here's a Newsweek explanation of the Bigfoot population question, get your thinking caps on it is a very scientific approach.

www.newsweek.com...

Hmm.

Funny people don’t trust the government and MSM. I don’t either. But believe every Bigfoot video with no actual physical evidence. As in there has never been a Bigfoot hoax. Or 100’s. I don’t believe con men / con women either.

It’s been stated before. No hunter has bagged Bigfoot, none found as road kill. No bigfeets even killed as home intruders/ trespassers. No fossil evidence. No evidence in nature of where and how a breading group of bigfeets are sustained.

If there was bigfeets, they would be served up as a delicacy in a Chinese wet market.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I'm not a Bigfoot skeptic, but what throws me off here are the tracks to and from the little water reservoir. The Bigfoot would have had to walk down and then up, and I'd think there would be a little dig in the track on the heel for the way down, and the toes on the way up but the tracks are there as though the land was perfectly flat.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I started following ATS when I asked myself "what if aliens/UFOs actually might be real?" A couple other reasons but that was probably the main reason.

The most I've really seen for Bigfoot sightings stories are the main ones, like P&G and some of the others on TV. I've never really looked deeply into any of them until recently. It's fascinating.

I do agree, though, some of the sightings just rolled through the mind with a red flag waving, seeming like a hoax from the get go. Others are very convincing too.

Thanks for the post and highlighting a few cases in can check into. I'm definitely making a list.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Good eye. I wonder if there is a legitimate explanation for this. I suppose it could be recreated using artificial feet made from the casts and a really big man for the weight. . . which makes me wonder too. . .I've never seen Paul Freeman, but I've heard he was a pretty big man. If he were hoaxing, wouldn't he strap an artificial bigfoot "shoe" over his and make the prints using his own gate? Anyway, just speculation.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhatItIs

originally posted by: putnam6

www.newsweek.com...

Hmm.

Funny people don’t trust the government and MSM. I don’t either. But believe every Bigfoot video with no actual physical evidence. As in there has never been a Bigfoot hoax. Or 100’s. I don’t believe con men / con women either.

It’s been stated before. No hunter has bagged Bigfoot, none found as road kill. No bigfeets even killed as home intruders/ trespassers. No fossil evidence. No evidence in nature of where and how a breading group of bigfeets are sustained.

If there was bigfeets, they would be served up as a delicacy in a Chinese wet market.

LOL, I don't believe all the reports or even the majority of them, and certainly have a healthy suspicion of all videos including Freeman's. Well aware of the hoaxes and the Todd Standings of the world.

So every single sighting is a Lie, hoax, or misidentification. All the past and current Native American reports, all the reports in the PNW from law enforcement, and professional outdoorsmen, and all the obvious tracks are hoaxes? 100% of them? would you bet on it?

Your opinion assumes every report that's not a hoax, is someone mistaking a black bear for a bipedal hominid every time.

That said all it takes is for one, just one of the now thousands of reports to be true. Here's an excellent thread on Bigfoot Forums about the possible Sasquatch population.

bigfootforums.com...

Here are a couple of videos for the skeptics...from Bob Gymlan about the case of Sasquatch.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join