It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Blocks Biden Administration From Further Meddling With Social Media Companies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 10:45 PM
link   

The injunction came in response to a lawsuit brought by Republican attorneys general in Louisiana and Missouri, who allege that government officials went too far in their efforts to encourage social media companies to address posts that they worried could contribute to vaccine hesitancy during the pandemic or upend elections.

The injunction was a victory for the state attorneys general, who have accused the Biden administration of enabling a “sprawling federal ‘Censorship Enterprise’” to encourage tech giants to remove politically unfavorable viewpoints and speakers, and for conservatives who’ve accused the government of suppressing their speech.

The judge, Terry A. Doughty, has yet to make a final ruling in the case, but in the injunction, he wrote that the Republican attorneys general “have produced evidence of a massive effort by Defendants, from the White House to federal agencies, to suppress speech based on its content.”

Judge Blocks Biden Administration From Further Meddling With Social Media Companies

Where are the old school Democrats speaking out about government censorship? Bill Maher has a couple times. Other than that … crickets.

Republicans love to complain but have done less than nothing… other than fundraise.

Libertarians… well we’re mostly useless at getting elected. Thus impotent.

We are well and truly screwed.

These Trump judges are doing some brief good, but seems like most of these cases get subverted before the end.

Guess I’m too black pilled to hope.

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Guess I’m too black pilled to hope.

I'm with you on this one! It's always a great feeling when corruption gets exposed, but then it seldom goes anywhere before it fades into that black hole of political cover-ups.

'It's better to be a pessimist and pleasantly surprised than an optimist and continually disappointed'.

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Let us not leave out what the judge had to say. Just in case anybody wondered if it's as bad as has been claimed.

Doughty cited “substantial evidence” of a far-reaching censorship campaign. He wrote that the “evidence produced thus far depicts an almost dystopian scenario. During the COVID-19 pandemic, a period perhaps best characterized by widespread doubt and uncertainty, the United States Government seems to have assumed a role similar to an Orwellian ‘Ministry of Truth.’ ”

AP News

I think it hits all the points.

Substantial evidence, far-reaching censorship, dystopian, and Orwellian "Ministry of Truth".

The morning wire:

Joe Biden's Administration Created a Dystopian Scenario and Orwellian "Ministry of Truth": Here's Why We Need it Now More Than Ever!

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Seems like either:

A. The judge rules one way to seem fair then screws us in the final judgment.
B. They are bought out or blackmailed.

Seems like to get to a position of power someone has to have something they can hold over your head to control you. E.g Epstein/Maxwell

Here is Wall Street Journal article on same issue. I can’t see it because of the paywall: WSJ.

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 12:04 AM
link   

This is just one more reason they're desperate to paint the SCOTUS as illegitimate. The number of clearly unconstitutional measures they expect to pass by decree after 2024 hits a brick wall after appeals. All their WEF nonsense will face legal challenges. The SCOTUS is the last thing stopping them from just forming a single party by decree and running down their agenda one EO at a time.

They want a court that does as the establishment wants all the time instead of following the law. They can't have a court protecting rights as the COTUS outlined. Those outdated concepts like freedom and liberty are relics of a shameful past when government was given their power by the people.

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 03:27 AM
link   
What so you wanna bet this still happens under some national security NDAA type backdoor they can tell judges off over. Our system is broken and weaponized...
edit on 5-7-2023 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 03:39 AM
link   

I find it humorous that in our current police state that anyone thinks the usual suspects will bother will obey any court ruling they don't agree with.

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

A perceptive comment.

No shortage of exposed corruption, but far too little follow-up.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I love good news, but getting tired of nothing coming of it 😒

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Love how they call it vaxx hesitancy.
I call it common sense, rational declining of a novel gene therapy.
And rightly so. I'm no frigging lab rat and I actually had the coif recently. No different from any other flu I ever had.
Difference is, that I am now up to date with my natural immune system, which is truly safe and truly effective, with no side effects.

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 07:16 AM
link   
This ruling is not going to stop Biden's administration from doing it, they will just select a company to do it using some funding they will create that hides it from detection for the purpose.

I used to be a liberal, I still have liberal friends and they will twist things to make sure they are not hampered from what they want to change. Back years ago, when they showed self control that was not a bad trait, but now they have gone nuts, they got a little power and it went to their heads and they will not negotiate anymore....they want what they want and demand it these days. No diplomacy allowed. Although there are still moderate democrats, the anarchists have gained power in that party. I am not too fond of the far right, but right now it is the far left liberals and progressives that are a threat to our society and the politicians that are brainwashed by that group and do things to get their support.

I feel that our country is possibly going to collapse in the next ten years from within. Too much change too fast always seems to bring down countries. I always believed that a slow evolution of society was good, but now the left is trying to force their beliefs down everyones throats....beliefs that are not evaluated properly.

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

What does not too fond of the far right, mean?
Are you talking about televangelists?
Because all the racists are on the left. I don’t even remember the last time I saw someone and thought “he’s far right”.

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 07:46 AM
link   

The judge in this case has been handing the regime lawyers their asses through out the entire process so far.

It's been great to watch.

With that being said, I don't think a judge can disband a federal agency, so even if individuals are held to account, someone else will just step in.

We'll see.

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Major victory. Our Canadian judges have let us down so far, by and large. It's good to see progress taking shape in the U.S. Free speech platforms like Twitter, Spotify and iTunes (podcasts, etc.) Presidential candidates like Trump, DeSantis and RFK Jr. More and more voices speaking out. Judges making a stand. Sometimes it seems so bleak, but then progress like this comes through.

Reuters report
edit on 5-7-2023 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Here is Wall Street Journal article on same issue. I can’t see it because of the paywall: WSJ.

I have great luck putting the title of the article in my browser; it usually brings up several options that aren't behind a paywall. In this instance I got one from CNN:

Federal judge blocks Biden administration officials from communicating with social media companies
CNN

A federal judge on Tuesday ordered some Biden administration agencies and top officials not to communicate with social media companies about certain content, handing a win to GOP states in a lawsuit accusing the government of going too far in its effort to combat Covid-19 disinformation.

In a preliminary injunction issued by US District Judge Terry Doughty, the judge ordered a slew of federal agencies and more than a dozen top officials not to communicate with social media companies about taking down “content containing protected free speech” that’s posted on the platforms.

The order applies to agencies including the Department of Health and Human Services, the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Justice Department and FBI as well as officials such as US Surgeon General Vivek Murthy and White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre.

The reference to KJ-Pierre gave me a chuckle; as if she ever says anything that isn't political doublespeak!

[www.cnn.com...]

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: billxam

I find it humorous that in our current police state that anyone thinks the usual suspects will bother will obey any court ruling they don't agree with.

sure nuff, despots don't really pay much attention to what courts say. in fact they try to find ways to stack courts in their favor that way they can say they have the rule of law on their side.

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   

That should quell the peasants long enough to move to the next phase.

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: billxam

It's all just political theater.

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It's noteworthy to me that the lead plaintiff in this case is the much maligned The Gateway Pundit... one of the few outlets that has posted faithfully and relentlessly about the most contentious issues in the nation, from election integrity to the J6 political prisoners to Covid protocols and vaccines and on and on. So much of which was called "fake news" and "disinformation" and "misinformation" and "malinformation" -- you get the point.

Given the many "official" half-truths and mis-truths and un-truths that have passed as news for lo these many years, quite frankly, it's impossible for anyone to have all the facts, and not get some things wrong.

Regardless, this ruling makes crystal clear that we have been fed a ration of lies -- whether by omission or commission -- which the public needs to know. We cannot trust our government officials and our media to tell us the whole truth about anything (and, truly, we never could!).

It's now important that the court of public opinion knows this... WE HAVE BEEN LIED TO. THE TRUTH HAS BEEN CENSORED BY A GOVERNMENT/CORPORATE PARTNERSHIP.

And those of us who presume to use our voices for truth... to DENY IGNORANCE... have a job to do.

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   

When the DoJ violated the ruling and continues censoring, who will investigate the DoJ?

The DoJ?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join