It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laurel Falls - Gatlinburg, Tennessee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I went to Laurel Falls Waterfall this weekend and made this video to share with you all. I know some of you may remember that I'd go hiking a lot and share the videos here a few years ago. I got sick and wasnt able to get out, but I'm finally healthy enough to do some of the things I always liked doing.

Making these videos is a hobby. I'm not monetized by YouTube or anyone else, so I don't make anything from them. I just like to share them and hear other people's stories about their experiences in my hometown, or where ever they've been.

This is a 1 mile long, fairly easy hike to one of the best waterfalls in Gatlinburg. It was raining when I went, but it was worth it. Everything looked better in the rain,

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: esteay812

glad to hear you are on the mend. I wish you could record the smells. It's so dynamic during a rain.

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It is, dynamic, that's a good way to explain it. . . but, I'm still trying to remember how to record. It's weird, you think you have a good shot, then watch it and realize about 100 things you should've done differently. This is how it was last time though. Just have to learn as I go.

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 06:47 PM
link   

It was enjoyable to watch. Very "zen" like.

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Hopefully I will get a lot better. So many things I'd change in basically every shot, 😆. I'm going to roaring fork this week, hopefully I can remember all the mistakes and get better.

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Love Laurel Falls, we are distant neighbors, I'm down in Maryville a reply to: esteay812

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   
My mother's family are Tennessee hillbillies from the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/Sevierville area, and though I was born and raised in Florida, I grew up (throughout the 70's & 80's) visiting family in The Smokies every year for Thanksgiving as well as the occasional Spring or Summer trip...

I always wished so much that we could move to those mountains - every trip up there felt like 'coming home' to me!!

Your video was a lovely reminder of my childhood visits...though, I hope you don't mind a couple suggestions:

The transitions between 'scenes' are a bit abrupt, which sort of jerks the viewer out of the experience - the graphics of the word "thunder" has the same effect, as does the "subscribe" graphic.

I almost think a bit of low voiced narration (but very limited) might be nice - just the occasional comment, such as, "Oh, that was thunder, must be a storm coming...", and perhaps reading a few of the signs out loud for the viewer...

But over-all, it was very enjoyable - thank you!!

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   
That was so relaxing. I can just smell the fresh air!

Love Gatlinburg 😊

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 07:09 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 12:02 AM
link   

It's so calm and foggy. Thanks for sharing the video!

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 02:49 AM
link   
It's such a beautiful spot. The rain added to the atmosphere too. Thanks for sharing, it's always cool to see videos from around your hometown.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Wow that place looks stunning. I gotta get out in nature more 😩

top topics

join