It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A horror story about what is still found in Baby Food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 06:09 AM
link   
We have all heard stories about Eugenics and those who complain about to many people in the world.

We have also heard how it is more profitable to treat a disease than to cure the disease.

Poison them when they are young for a lifetime of medical treatments.

Several years ago there was much ado about dog food killing people's pets yet with this story you do not hear much about the who and why.

lists.youmaker.com...

Study Finds Baby Foods Contaminated With High Levels of Heavy Metals

Food items consumed by babies continue to have the presence of high levels of heavy metals, thus posing a risk to their development, a new study has found.

Nonprofit Consumer Reports (CR) tested 14 products eaten by babies, ranging from fruits and vegetables, meals, snacks, bars, and puffs, according to the June 27 report. This was a follow-up of CR’s 2018 study that tested 50 foods. Long-term intake of heavy metals can affect the development of children, including causing lower IQ, behavioral issues, and autism. Heavy metals include elements like lead, cadmium, and arsenic. At least three samples of each product were tested by CR. The items selected for testing were ones for which there were “concerning levels” of heavy metals in Consumer Reports’ previous test.

The study found that the overall risk of heavy metal contamination “hasn’t changed much in the last five years,” even as levels of arsenic, lead, and cadmium in baby foods appeared to be getting lower.

Rice and sweet potatoes were found to be “still risky,” CR said about its latest test. “In our 2018 tests, products made with rice, sweet potatoes, and, to a lesser extent, carrots tended to pose the biggest risks. Our latest tests had similar results, especially for sweet potatoes and rice.”

The content of heavy metal in baby snacks—puffs and teething wafers—was seen as “concerning” as children eat them a lot. Many of these snacks are made from rice. “Rice-based puffs are a stand-out for heavy metal contamination,” said Jane Houlihan, research director for the nonprofit group Healthy Babies Bright Futures (HBBF).

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

All these people need to be sued... all the people that Govern us and those who create products which are poisonous and hazardous to us and the Environment!

Been doing it for ages and they known for ages... just need Lawyers who are prepared to do it and not be chicken to do so...

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It's sad how everybody gets sucked into canned/boxed baby food usage! I myself fell into the trap b/c it was just so ubiquitous and accepted as "the way" to start little ones on solid food. In reality, it is sooo easy to just mash/mince/pulverize meats and vegetables from the family meal. I did that sometimes, but I could kick myself for all the jars of baby food I bought. Processed baby food is a scam!!

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Get your kids OUT of public schools and OFF the standard American diet!

You'd be LITERALLY saving their lives.

edit on 6/30/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   

J&J were offering around £45m to the Uni dept I worked for (Midwifery) around 15 years ago in return for conducting studies of formula and food (with the strong implication being finding their products to be the best) - thankfully profs had the honesty and integrity to turn it down as it went against all the evidence showing breast is best.

Would be interesting to see what Unis/medical bodies did accept the bribes and what research they published after

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow literally the kids going to public school and eating school lunches are not dying from it. Your post is literal hyperbole.

That said I’m a proponent of home schooling and non-manufactured foods. Just more of a proponent of honesty.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Then you have CNN with this info

Homemade baby food contains as many toxic metals as store-bought options, report says LINK Report

“We found no evidence to suggest that homemade baby foods made from store-bought produce are better than store-bought baby foods when it comes to heavy metal contamination,” said the paper’s coauthor Jane Houlihan, research director for Healthy Babies, Bright Futures. An alliance of nonprofits, scientists and donors, HBBF, which produced the report, has a stated mission of reducing babies’ exposures to neurotoxic chemicals.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ITSALIVE
a reply to: EternalShadow literally the kids going to public school and eating school lunches are not dying from it. Your post is literal hyperbole.

That said I’m a proponent of home schooling and non-manufactured foods. Just more of a proponent of honesty.

Really?

Ever heard of child obesity? Or drag queen story hour?

I don't have to detail either one of those for anyone at this point.

With California legislating child rearrangement surgery without parental consent, and parents feeding their kids crap because they're young and they can take it, kids don't stand a chance.

"Hyperbole".....lol smh..

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I never understood why anyone would trust baby food in the first place. Why not buy the vegetables or whatever and mash them up yourself so that you know for a fact what your baby is eating. there could be anything in that jar of weird colored goo.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: WorldxGonexMad

All these people need to be sued...

Nah, what needs to happen is for people to take individual responsibility, and make their own damned baby food.

My wife couldn't breast feed, so we made our own home made baby formula based on the the Weston Price formulas.

We're having another baby soon, and I plan on raising this one full carnivore, first the liver formula, then meat as their first and only food. I'll let her/him gnaw on my ribeye bone. I want him/her to like eating fat and cartilage...

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Rice has been know to absorb more heavy metals from it's environment than many other plants. Why, I don't know. But rice is also heavily used in baby foods because it is palatable and doesn't mess with the stomach. Where rice is grown has a lot to do with the ratio of heavy metals found in the rice. Different countries have different measurements as do states in the US that grow it. Also, white vs brown makes a difference. The same goes for sweet potatoes. Rice and sweet potatoes seem to be heavy metal magnets and are also used in a lot of baby foods.

Certain crops like rice and sweet potatoes absorb metals more easily as they grow. Some of the metals are naturally occurring in the soil, while others are added from various forms of pollution

To Tanstaafl: Meat is good but so are vegetables and fruit if grown in a clean and healthy environment. There are reports of some people suffering serious health affects from eating only meat. And some for people eating only plant products. Everyone is different. Good luck with your new baby.
edit on 0030202300000030bThu, 14 Sep 2023 19:03:00 -05002023000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

top topics

join