It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Why Files talking about Giants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Some history and discussions about artifacts, news articles, and possible deletion of Giants from current history. Some of these stories have been around since I was a kid and others stories are new to me. Interesting and entertaining IMO

Forbidden Archaeology: Lost Giants of America | The Smithsonian's Biggest Secret

In 1886, mining engineer John T. Reid was told the Paiute legend
of a giant people defeated by the natives near Lovelock, Nevada. The last of the giants met their fiery end deep within the bowels of a cave.

Reid’s belief in this legend stirred great interest in the secrets held within Lovelock Cave.

Official excavations were undertaken in both 1912 and 1924 by the University of California, with reports telling of thousands of artifacts being recovered. Of these artifacts, the most puzzling were human remains. Well, they were almost human.

Skeletons measuring between eight and ten feet tall were said to be found during the dig. Skeletons belonging to who are now known as “The Lovelock Giants.”

Legends of people of enormous size are told across a myriad of cultures, And despite what we’ve been told by mainstream science, there is evidence to suggest they really existed. The remains of giants have been found all over the United States; and all over the world.

So why aren’t these amazing finds on display in any museum? Or taught in any classes? Or mentioned in any history books?

Because the existence of giants, for some reason, has been covered up.

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I have a hard time With this one. I want to discredit the idea but all the pre—1900 Newspaper articles keep dragging me back in.

Then I think about all the super sized mammals present in the last glacial and can’t think why humans would be an exception. 🤔

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Maybe the coverup is more recent.

www.bitchute.com...

When you think about all the oversized items discovered both from antiquity and our more recent past it sure makes ya wonder.
edit on 30-6-2023 by NorthOfStuffx2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Have a look at this short article . . .

freeholdgv.com...

There were giants, just not at Lovelock Cave.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Wiki on Lovelock Cave.

This blog article states that:

... the Paiute in general and Winnemucca in particular are best known among fringe historians for their red-haired cannibal giants, the result of the Lovelock Cave archaeological site, where normal-sized human skeletons found in 1911 were mythologized into those of giants because of roadside attractions promising glimpses of Bible giant bones in the 1920s—almost certainly mammoth bones from nearby fossil beds.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hooke

Wiki on Lovelock Cave.

This blog article states that:

... the Paiute in general and Winnemucca in particular are best known among fringe historians for their red-haired cannibal giants, the result of the Lovelock Cave archaeological site, where normal-sized human skeletons found in 1911 were mythologized into those of giants because of roadside attractions promising glimpses of Bible giant bones in the 1920s—almost certainly mammoth bones from nearby fossil beds.

Don't be such a party pooper!

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Vedic creationist pseudoscience mixed with a healthy dollop of 19th century Mormonism and the disenfranchisement of First Nations. But hey...fill yer boots!

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This was a pretty decent episode, not the best by any means though. Seems like we need a Smithsonian whistleblower or tomb raider style champion to sneak in there.

I love the Why Files and have been watching since he was around 200k subs but i have two annoyances with his content. Hecklefish was great when it had a smaller role. Over time he’s giving it more and more and more airtime. It’s wearing thin for me. Secondly sometimes I wish he’d have the balls to say what he really feels and not be so worried about monetization all the time.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   
All I’m gonna say is that giants might help explain how some ancient things were made. Think of the possibilities. What if and that’s an IF, giants existed elsewhere around the world, many heavy blocks needing mining, moving, and placing. Plus who knows, if a cultures practice is to do cremation, sky burial, ect. for an extended amount of time then there would be little left of their cultures bodies…🤷🏻‍♂️

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I think you have all possible missed something that is very telling. Throughout time, the bad guys, Mixed DNA, Giants, Nephilim, all seem to have a leg up on advanced technology, and it says so right in the Old Testament. I think it went right over everybody's head.
Here is the verse.

Deuteronomy 3:11 King James Version (KJV)
For only Og king of Bashan remained of the remnant of giants; behold, his bedstead was a bedstead of iron; is it not in Rabbath of the children of Ammon? nine cubits was the length thereof, and four cubits the breadth of it, after the cubit of a man.

Notice anything? Here is your clue: This took place during the beginning of the bronze age.

The giants were well advanced beyond where they should have been. They had swords and shields of iron, when the rest of the world was just beginning to works with bronze. An iron sword could pierce a bronze shield. The king of the giants even had a giant bed made of iron which was showcased to everyone after he was killed.

I believe it is the same way today. We may not see giants among up now, but there surely is a large group of people on the planet that have tainted transhuman genetics just like back then. They are the holders of advanced technology today. Likely including many things we have never heard of or seen.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I think the military had a person say that they encountered a Giant of Kandahar.

www.militarytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   
When I first got on the net giants was the first thing I searched for www.zianet.com...

Well worth the read very biblical

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

As King Og's bed was made of iron could it still be in existence somewhere today?

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 09:11 PM
link   
In Hinduism giants were described as 7 feet high. But researchers estimate that the average height of humans 5000 years ago was 5 feet (152 cm) for men and 4.5 feet (137 cm) for women. So seven foot people would have seemed gigantic to five foot people. These days we all eating meat embedded with growth hormones so 7 foot is very tall but not gigantic.

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: mammothtank
a reply to: visitedbythem

As King Og's bed was made of iron could it still be in existence somewhere today?

Its probably in some elites collection along with Goliaths sword. That bed was 13.5 feet long by about 6 feet wide.

edit on 1-7-2023 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I've googled and searched youtube for 'the Why files debunked'

No response, this channel debunked itself.

Graham Hancock is tame to this sort of nonsense. And here's a tip for all those 'click and subscribe' enthusiasts, if someone says 'some geologists say' or 'researchers theorise' then find these researchers, find their theories, and find their detractors, and come to your own conclusion

To paraphrase Ayahuasca enthusiast Graham Hancock 'I am as much a pseudo-scientist as a dolphin is a pseudo fish.'

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   

At times when we have more oxygen in the atmosphere, the planet is warmer and more greenhouse like with more humid air and greater planet growth and animal population's larger species become innevitable.

For human's it is only different in that we manage our own food supplies (most of the time) rather well and so could in theory sustain larger humans today than at many times in the past.

But a higher calorific intake requirement has it's downsides, hungrier more often, need to eat more food and of course one of the most hungry organs in our body's is our brain.

Just three thousand years ago European hunter gatherers had larger brains than they do today but something changed.
www.bbc.com...

Giant's are very much a probability rather than a fantasy therefore at times in the past when their size was more easily sustainable but at times when that food was scarce they would have suffered and just like the lovelock legend perhaps even devolved into cannibals preying even on smaller people as well as one another to sustain there larger appetites falling perhaps from once ancient scholars and thinkers into a state of primitive animalistic savages.

Oddly though it is worth remembering that the past is not only replete with tales of giants but also tales of little people's.

And didn't that Bob Lazar guy one say in an interview that it was his understanding that the Sports Model UFO craft he was working on to reverse engineer was actually an ancient artifact, an archaeological find and of course it had seats designed for people much smaller than we are.

How could they come about, smaller people but probably with either larger or more efficient brains, perhaps if they were once real denizens of our planet there ancestors could even have been larger than we are but over time they favoured smaller and more efficient body's to sustain larger or at least more efficient brains.

Of course this seems to be off target on this subject but it is part of the jigsaw, perhaps the history of our planet is rather more colourful and tragic and interesting than the accepted narrative of the priesthood of anthropology and archaeology believe.

It's a great subject and there are a huge number of threads on on this matter on this site alone but it is nice to see it still being kept alive.

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   
We ignore the historic record of all major cultures because a bunch of tenured professors get paid to convince us we're mutant ape progeny. They've been teaching evolution for generations now, and this theory has caused us to ignore all the evidence in our face of the contrary. Giants were highly prevalent before the global flood (which all major cultures also reference), and it is likely that other animals and plants were also of a larger size, living longer, and so on. In fact this matches the geological record, old creatures being larger than today.

It's also important to note that rock layers don't require millions of years to form, soft tissue is found in dinosaur bones, and our ancestors consistently depicted well known dinosaurs, the odds of a beneficial mutation are essentially impossible, human footprints are found in "ancient" geological strata, and abiogenesis is not a plausible theory.

Every field deeply researched will invalidate evolutionary theory, because it is simply not the way things came to be. It is amazing what they convince people simply by them appearing to be experts, and refusing any dissenting research to get published. The (un)scientific community is equivalent to the church during the times of the spanish inquisition... all dissidents are quickly dismembered from the church.

Giants did in fact roam the earth, just like all our ancestors said.

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
We ignore the historic record of all major cultures because a bunch of tenured professors get paid to convince us we're mutant ape progeny.
Sorry...that's malarkey. Academe is rife with eager young scholars just ACHING to make their marks by shuffling their professors off into the land of last years' textbooks. In all and any fields.

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Then there is this beautiful girl in Thailand.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join