It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How or Where Can I Set Up a Collaborative Writing Space?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Regarding ms office, people can opt to use Libre Office. Comes in many languages and is freeware (and not bad at all).

Cheers

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
I'm asking the great minds of ATS to help me figure this out.

I need a private space for a few people -- in different locations and at different times -- to collaborate/contribute in creating a document. All persons would work independently, adding to the document as they complete their parts. It would be an ongoing endeavor with no foreseeable end, but would rather expand and evolve with time.

It would not necessarily need to be online or a website per se. It could probably be done with Microsoft Word, but not everyone has Microsoft Word. Is this something that could be done with Microsoft 360? I'm barely familiar with MS 360... I've never used it because I bought my own Microsoft Office Suite software.

I suppose it could be done on a blogging site like WordPress, or something like SubStack, but I'm barely familiar with those as well.

Does anyone know of an easy way to do this? Any software or web hosting site that would fit these needs?

Your wisdom and experience is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!!!

Didn't see this until just now, but I have a suggestion that works in my case: I've got a Discord Space (called a "server" but it's not really a server) and use it for chatting. In this case it's two friends and we're all writing on our own projects... BUT... when we have a chunk done, we put it in a Google Doc and the other two may comment on the document or even edit it (the comments work just like comments in Microsoft Word.)

The activity keeps us writing and the feedback is easy and useful. I've also done collaborative writing (without the Discord chat) in Google Docs (worked on several novels this way.)

Hope this helps.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join