It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher who skipped class for 20 years is sacked at last

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 10:05 AM
link   
www.thetimes.co.uk...

An Italian teacher has been described as the country’s worst employee after she avoided work for 20 years and when she did turn up at school she ignored pupils and sent text messages, made up lessons on the hoof and had to borrow textbooks from children.

Cinzia Paolina De Lio used sick leave, holiday time and permits to attend conferences to avoid lessons and has been described by the supreme court as “permanently and absolutely unsuitable” for the job

De Lio, who was meant to be teaching literature and philosophy at a secondary school near Venice, caught the eye of school inspectors during one of her rare appearances at work. They said that her lessons were confused and she had improvised.

Pupils went on strike after she sent text messages while conducting oral exams and handed out marks that bore no relation to the work handed in. She also borrowed textbooks from her pupils because she had forgotten her own.

De Lio was sacked by her school but went to court and got her job back. However, the court then reversed its decision when it discovered that she had been present in class for only four years in the previous 24.

Highlighting the incompetence of some teachers and how difficult is to sack public sector employees no matter how unsuitable they are for this profession. The US and other European countries must take a closer look at their educational systems and the quality of public school teachers given the epidemic of woke staff in schools. Their aim is to push agendas and indoctrinate children with various theories that have no basis on reality & truth.

In this instance the decision to sack the teacher had to be confirmed by the Italian supreme court as the decision was challenged by her lawyers I suspect.
edit on 28-6-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

It hasn't been about education for a long time. Indoctrination is now what is done in schools.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

It hasn't been about education for a long time. Indoctrination is now what is done in schools.

Cheers

Very true!

Look at what happens here. Politics and indoctrination have replaced teaching and learning.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

Cheers

Very true!

Look at what happens here. Politics and indoctrination have replaced teaching and learning.

So very true. This coming from an employee of an ‘Indoctrination Station’, as I have dubbed them.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kaiju666

originally posted by: AlienBorg

Cheers

Very true!

So very true. This coming from an employee of an ‘Indoctrination Station’, as I have dubbed them.

Instead of learning maths & science kids learn they need to question themselves and their parents' values if they're white and heterosexual.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   
When I was going to the university I got my bachelor's degree at, I had this one class where the professor would come in and sit at his desk the whole time and literally not even teach anything. Everyone would come in and do their weekly homework and leave. One time a student asked a question about how to do something for the homework assignment and the professor had to ask other students for help to figure it out. One day I noticed I'd gotten an 80% or something grade on one of my homework assignments I'd turned in. I couldn't figure out what I missed, so I asked the professor. He stood in front of the class and admitted that he occasionally puts random lower grades on the homework assignments to look like he's grading them, but that it's fine because it won't be enough to hurt anyone's overall grade (or something to that effect). I suspected he wasn't even looking at the assignments at all, so one day I submitted a blank document for my weekly assignment. He gave me a 100% and wrote a "Good job!" note by it.
edit on 6/28/2023 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I've seen employees at my place of work start off with short term leave, then add on to that extended leave, then after that worked the system for many years. Now having said that 20 years is pushing it, but she plans to fight this in court, again, so the story continues because she says she has proof she was not off work for the entirety of the 20 years.

One judge sided with her previously, and if she is experiencing sickness or other personal reasons why she can't work then if her work system allows for it, which it already did, then who is really at fault?

As for indoctrinating the students, they are only complaining of her way of grading them and coming to class unprepared. Can this be attributed to an illness, perhaps.

The ministry argued that the teacher had kept out of the classroom for 20 out of her 24 years of service. For the first 10 years she was completely absent, and her absences in the other 14 years were attributed to sickness, personal or family reasons.

Describing herself now as a freelance journalist, she told Italian media that she had documents to refute the claim that she had been absent for 20 years.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I’m disappointed this teacher was not ordered to pay back the hundreds of thousands she effectively stole from her employer.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

I've seen employees at my place of work start off with short term leave, then add on to that extended leave, then after that worked the system for many years. Now having said that 20 years is pushing it, but she plans to fight this in court, again, so the story continues because she says she has proof she was not off work for the entirety of the 20 years.

One judge sided with her previously, and if she is experiencing sickness or other personal reasons why she can't work then if her work system allows for it, which it already did, then who is really at fault?

As for indoctrinating the students, they are only complaining of her way of grading them and coming to class unprepared. Can this be attributed to an illness, perhaps.

The ministry argued that the teacher had kept out of the classroom for 20 out of her 24 years of service. For the first 10 years she was completely absent, and her absences in the other 14 years were attributed to sickness, personal or family reasons.

Describing herself now as a freelance journalist, she told Italian media that she had documents to refute the claim that she had been absent for 20 years.

www.bbc.com...

But the case has been handled by the supreme court which confirmed the sacking. I don't think she can do much at this point.

It doesn't say anything about illness on the news. But I am suspecting wokeness and lack of any serious ability and willingness to perform her duties.

In the US we have a lot of 'teachers' who have nothing to do with the profession. They're indoctrinators who try their best to indoctrinate kids with their strange theories.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tortuga
I’m disappointed this teacher was not ordered to pay back the hundreds of thousands she effectively stole from her employer.

You should be pleased they fired her. It's too difficult to fire public sector employees.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I worked in Lloyds Bank in the UK in the 80s and 90s. I’d been at this branch for about 1 1/2 years and somebody new was there one day. I asked about her with other colleagues and it turned out she’d been off sick for over 2 years on full pay but was now back. She worked that one day and went on the sick again. They did eventually fire her over a year later and there was a big cheer around the office when word spread of her sacking.

I never looked at workplace unions the same again after that.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I know teachers that never teach. They conduct business for the Teacher's Union. They are paid by the school district instead of the Union.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
I know teachers that never teach. They conduct business for the Teacher's Union. They are paid by the school district instead of the Union.

It's better not to teach rather then try to indoctrinate students. At least it's something..

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Before $hitting on the teacher, the question of how this was even possible needs to be asked. If it is possible for someone to pull this off without being caught then the system itself is trash not the person who figured it out. Yeah, the teacher sucks, but twenty years and she only got caught when she DID show up?!

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   

On the other hand....

At university (decades ago), I had a class with a brilliant professor. Really know the subject inside out, top to bottom. Every bit the kind of PhD you would want as an instructor. Well li I ed and highly respected in his fields and by his students.

Except.....

Found out years and years later....the Professor was Illiterate!.

Yep, could not even read the back of a box of cereal. He confessed to it a few years after he retired. Said he'd have his wife read for him and prepare the clas handouts. TA's would handle grading student work and projects.

"A" FOR EFFORT, DOC!!
edit on 28-6-2023 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The illness part should speak for itself because she managed to keep taking long term leave or disability for whatever reason(s), but I know you have an agenda to push here.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

The illness part should speak for itself because she managed to keep taking long term leave or disability for whatever reason(s), but I know you have an agenda to push here.

What agenda??

If you read the news it doesn't say anything about illness. It says she avoided work and that's very different.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

On the other hand....

At university (decades ago), I had a class with a brilliant professor. Really know the subject inside out, top to bottom. Every bit the kind of PhD you would want as an instructor. Well li I ed and highly respected in his fields and by his students.

Except.....

Found out years and years later....the Professor was Illiterate!.

Yep, could even read the back of a box of cereal. He confessed to it a few years after he retired. Said he'd have his wife read for him and prepare the clas handouts. TA's would handle grading student work and projects.

"A" FOR EFFORT, DOC!!

How can a professor be illiterate?

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: oddscreenname

Before $hitting on the teacher, the question of how this was even possible needs to be asked. If it is possible for someone to pull this off without being caught then the system itself is trash not the person who figured it out. Yeah, the teacher sucks, but twenty years and she only got caught when she DID show up?!

Difficult to sack public sector employees in Italy. They probably knew what going on.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   

As I said, he got others, knowingly (like his wife) or unknowingly (like his Teaching Assistants), to read for, or to him.

Excellent memory and clever acting allowed him to dodge anything he had to read until he could find someone to read (or write as he dictated to them) for him.

Necessity is the Mother of Invention.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join