It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Article: South Korea Waiting for Fukushima Water Release

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 05:16 AM
link   
www.npr.org...

As Japan plans to release treated radioactive water from the crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant into the sea this summer, South Koreans concerned about its effect on the marine environment and seafood are buying less fish and stocking up on sea salt.

The impending water discharge can threaten the fragile rapprochement between the two neighboring countries that began earlier this year, following a long period of tension over historical disputes.

hopefully no negative effects from this discharge. they plan to filter and dilute the water to the point of being harmless.

this is why nuclear stuff freaks people out. 12 years after the event the radioactivity is still an issue.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

I hope we as a species do not pollute and poison ourselves off this planet..!

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I'm sure it's going to affect the quality of the salt sea salt that we get in this area.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The oceans play a major part in the temperature of the planet and radiation increases ocean temps. They can dilute it all they want but they'll never negate the harmful effects of polluting the ocean.

Perhaps 'man made climate change' was created to be a cover for the damage caused by the Fukushima disaster? Yes, global warming IS man-made, but the major contributors are NOT kitchen stoves and cow farts.

The rich and powerful have co-opted all the bleeding hearts into believing the average citizens' life style is the cause of all our woes and the then presenting faux solutions that enrich them even more.

If all the oceans die, the planet dies..
If all the animals die, the planet dies.
If all the plants die, the planet dies.
If mankind dies out, the planet lives on and eventually recovers.

We don't need AI to tell us how this will end.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Strontium-90 For strong bones and healthy teeth ! Your body absorbs it like calcium.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Nope defo couldn't be HAARP heating up the atmosphere or any of the weapons testing by our governments, nope it's CO2 you guilty general public! So you will be forced comply with our great cover up money making scam.... Emmm I mean solution, to save the planet. Of course we won't need to spend any time pointing the finger at big corporations or the military who are releasing toxins and disease left right and centre and poisoning all life planet wide, nope they are not an issue.

Now, which of my many luxury top of the range cars will I take to go from my super sized mansion to my private jet to fly to a completely different country for lunch and a round of golf today? Decisions, decisions, it's a hard life!

This disaster is not going away any time soon, all this will do is spread the problem so it is less of a single hot zone and everyone gets a good dose.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

By all accounts, it is said that Chernobyl is the worst nuclear accident, or disaster in history, but I think Fukushima may end up taking the number one position. It's the nuclear gift that just keeps on giving and giving and giving.

new topics

top topics

join