It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Starlink just Starlink?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   
"Outer space" my people get real above top secret and realize the earth is flat.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

If I was a billionaire I would use my money to build a satellite system just to put comcrap out of business.
Hate that company but because of their Oligarch and strong hold on government even at local levels I have no choice but to use them for fast internet .

Also the biggest economic market which is only set to grow even more in the future runs on the back of the internet and you will hold the entry key to the worlds biggest market place.

As we globalize more and outsource more to poorer countries with bad infrastructure the demand for high speed internet will only continue to expand along with the demand for online tech.

Also he is tapping to an extreme market where the billionaires will pay 100's a month for internet coverage on their private yachts.

Now that Trump and the bozo rino republicans killed net neutrality the ISP will have even more control of the worlds market place. The ISP has the power to slowdown access to any site like amazon and prioritize access to say comcastMarketPlace or anther that is willing to pay more than amazon to get priority access for its customers.

They can do it today and verizon already did it once to netflix but the little revolt brought to much attention to it and they backed off for a little bit. However, you better believe that is where its going but they have to do it slowly over time. In about 15-20 years the ISP are going to be one of the biggest players in the market.

As much as I hate comcast ,att, and verizon I have been playing with selling my soul and buying their stock but i havent been able to bring myself to do it.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Starlink reminds me of something from an 80's GI Joe cartoon or comic....

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 01:07 AM
link   

So, well, if you have an engineering kind of mind (I do, computer engineer UI'73) and you wanted to create a global internet network, what else would you do? This is it.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2

originally posted by: chr0naut

Have you noticed the holes in this shield?

Some appear big enough to drive a small European nation through.

LOL

Your point being?

It cannot be what you think it looks like.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I will try again!
In "Absolute Power" is the seventeenth episode of the fourth season of Stargate SG-1.
Daniel makes a secret government project to create a network of dozens of weapons satellites.
the powerful system will provide a powerful defense against alien attack!
only he turns them on Earth blows moscow up!

Even if they are just lasers. they have 40,000 of them.
so they could fire about 1,000 of them at one target.
That is a Lot of power.
and they could very easly take out Any and all nuclear weapons.

I hope some one will not delete my post again!

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Starlink satellites are too small to have a laser capable of that. Atmospheric effects have to be compensated for, and require a significant mirror system. That was the problem with the YAL-1A. The range was extremely limited for the mission they wanted to do with it. Not only did it require a 747 to fit it into, it would have had to orbit practically on top of a missile launch site to hit a launching missile. A laser from orbit would see worse problems targeting the ground, as the laser got into thicker atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

What about an MKV device that worked on the principles of what we see in this video? this was over 14 years ago i have to imagine the tech is more advanced now

US Missile Defense Agency video of the 2 December 2008 free-flight hover test of Lockheed Martin's Multiple Kill Vehicle (MKV-L). The MKV is designed to allow a single interceptor to destroy a ballistic missile equipped with multiple warheads or countermeasures. In Lockheed's design, a seeker-equipped carrier vehicle maneuvers into the path of the ballistic missile then dispenses and guides small kill vehicles to their targets. In its first test, the MKV-L hovered for 20 seconds in a special facility at Edwards AFB, California, while recognizing and tracking a simulated target.

Wouldnt something like this fit within the size of the star link units, and also be able to function within a thicker atmosphere?
I would think having these devices in orbit would be a better function and faster response that having to launch from the ground.
edit on 30am301100000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 30am301100000023 by datguy because: i suk at typing

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: datguy

That's just an RCS system designed for an exoatmospheric kill vehicle. The MKV-L, which was canceled and later restarted as the Multi-Object Kill Vehicle, was about a 10 pound kill vehicle, designed to hit incoming ballistic missile warheads. Even if it survived reentry, 10 pounds hitting the ground, even from orbit, isn't going to do much. The MKV-L and MOKV was designed to launch from the ground, with multiple kill vehicles on one booster. Having them in orbit would be better, but it has its own problems.
edit on 6/30/2023 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I agree but being able to pick and choose which objects to destroy in orbit would nullify the need for it be an offensive weapon. who ever is in control the devices could shoot down perceived threats while similar friendly threats would remain viable

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: datguy

That would just be an ASAT system, which we already have multiple variants of. We even have some interesting systems that could be converted to adhoc ASAT systems, if we wanted to take a little extra time to launch them. There are even concepts for satellite based ASAT systems that could potentially be in orbit already.

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well, another conspiratorial direction is that these satellites are needed to project “project blue beam” onto the sky.

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I dunno about weaponizing it but there's going to be some interesting stuff happening with laws around satellites and sending stuff up into orbit in the near future cause one of the growing man made forms of pollution that's barely being recognized today is space junk and tons of heavy metal falling at extreme speeds upon city's towns and civilians. Spin off technologies from the sky falling on peoples heads should be interesting. Perhaps rail guns will get a new application.

I do like what Elon is doing with satellites, hopefully it replaces cell phone towers and those blights upon the horizon are finally gotten rid of. There was a time when using satellites for data and voice communication wasn't affordable at all for 90% of the worlds population military and govt use aside. Not so today. Its a sorely underutilized technology that can do alot to improve multiple sectors in business and industry in addition i reckon it could be used as a method to send ultra fast wide bandwidth communications between the moon mars and other places in our solar backyard. Its actually one of the only technology's that Elon's pushed forward which seems sensible.
edit on 2-7-2023 by mammothtank because: Added more content.

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs
haha it does have that ring to it.

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1986
We use Starlink. Absolute game changer. Prior to its arrival the best internet connection we could get was about 4mbs down and next to nothing up. There is also literally no mobile signal here either - well, apart from a few bars of 3G in the top field. Mid Wales.

However, I think, potentially, Starlink could be used for many things, good and bad. Great to tie in with Neurolink. Many possible scenario’s.

Where I last stayed in the Highlands I would have loved 4mbps , it was in a dead zone with no signal even when I had sky install broadband it was less than 2mbps , I had to walk about 100 metres up a hill to get a signal for my mobile .

Where I stay now pre covid the speed was 35 mbps now that is down to 6-8 mbps as they are trying to get everyone signed up to fiber

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 11:16 PM
link   
As somone who lives in the middle of absolute nowhere, there is not even remotely good internet options aside from Starlink.

I get it. But there's alot of us folk who live in the middle of nowhere and use the starlink service.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 11:13 PM
link   
So, there could be high speed fiber in every home. There is a copper phone line installed in virtually every home and building. This means there could be fiber in every location. It is not because of greed and power.

As for starlink, well these satellite are very small. No laser action happening here lol. In fact there not much else you are doing with them lol.

Add to that they are low orbit and their life span is not good. He is already in virtual replacement mode. Meaning they are launching birds set to replace others etc etc etc.

I am starlink user and must say it is awesome. Can actually stream Netflix etc which we could never do before. And downloading is very fast. Uploading is still issue, but you can't have everything lol.

But one thing people forget is it is totally dependent on the ground station's to work and they are plugged into the backbone of internet which is owned by bezos lol.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

Mondo just a pawn in the internet of things!
edit on 7/9/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 12:34 AM
link   

edit on 10-7-2023 by FlyingFox because: Let that sink in.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Starlink will have the Monopoly of internet

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join