It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Russia just get their CoupVax?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The recent Prigozhin smoke'n mirrors show was probably a multi-purpose tool. One possible advantage for Russia that I didn't see mentioned yet: vaccinating the own population against an attempted regime change. Russia has been suspecting the West of planning a coup via a colour revolution for a long time. Obviously this means that Russia has been preparing for such scenarios for an equally long time. This Wagner opera has probably been ready to be performed for quite a while. The Shoigu/Prigozhin rivalry act could conveniently be played over a long period until something would trigger the next act.

So what triggered it? Two main scenarios come to mind. First scenario: Russian intelligence saw signs that a coup attempt was indeed imminent. Second scenario: The Russians are on the verge of taking measures of which they have reason to believe that they would trigger a coup attempt.

Seen through the lense of Western mainstream media this would be a highly risky gamble as Putin is perceived as being already on shaky ground and the fake coup might very well lead to a real coup.

Seen through the lense of Russian media the picture is a different one. The Ukraine conflict has led to bigger cohesion among the vast majority of Russians but also led to alienating a minority that now would be more open to supporting a coup attempt.

Enter CoupVax... most effective over a period of several weeks up to several months I imagine.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Biden did say early on that Putin must go. The US has deposed a lot of world leaders; has Joe bitten off more than he can chew this time?

Trillions have already been spent bringing far more harm to western worlds than sanctions have to Russia and the future isn't looking great for any but the 1% at this point.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Biden also said Nordstream must go and ...BOOM! But Biden is just the current POTDS (puppet of the deep state). I think things look pretty promising for BRICS+ at the moment but for us in the West it doesn't look great and that's entirely the fault of "our" own leaders.

Edit: Just noticed how POTDS comes with the TDS included
edit on 27-6-2023 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The Russian defence ministry demanded all Prigozhin's men sign contracts with the Russian army. That would have taken away the autonomy of his Wagner outlet and with it a large chunk of his profits.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
The recent Prigozhin smoke'n mirrors show was probably a multi-purpose tool. One possible advantage for Russia that I didn't see mentioned yet: vaccinating the own population against an attempted regime change. Russia has been suspecting the West of planning a coup via a colour revolution for a long time. Obviously this means that Russia has been preparing for such scenarios for an equally long time. This Wagner opera has probably been ready to be performed for quite a while. The Shoigu/Prigozhin rivalry act could conveniently be played over a long period until something would trigger the next act.

So what triggered it? Two main scenarios come to mind. First scenario: Russian intelligence saw signs that a coup attempt was indeed imminent. Second scenario: The Russians are on the verge of taking measures of which they have reason to believe that they would trigger a coup attempt.

Seen through the lense of Western mainstream media this would be a highly risky gamble as Putin is perceived as being already on shaky ground and the fake coup might very well lead to a real coup.

Seen through the lense of Russian media the picture is a different one. The Ukraine conflict has led to bigger cohesion among the vast majority of Russians but also led to alienating a minority that now would be more open to supporting a coup attempt.

Enter CoupVax... most effective over a period of several weeks up to several months I imagine.

Im open to any possibilities regarding Prigozhin and whatever Saturday was... but

If Putin/Russia initiated this whole thing it would have to be ballzy as hell, and Im not sure that's the position the Kremlin is in. I could definitely see them spinning it that way, however, to save face or more importantly to clamp down and push through this SMO, perhaps they now know, internally they are secure and it will open up where they will be more and more persistent in their missiles strikes on civilian targets, we are seeing that today already.

I almost have more belief that Western intelligence could pull this off instead of the Kremlin.

Did Prigozhin get bribed some or all of the 6.2 billion as some of the rumors suggest ... it definitely sounds like something the West would do, does it not?

FWIW no military reason to hit this area frequented by foreign reporters, unless to send a message...

edit on 27-6-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I'm not convinced that the scenario I laid out is what happened but I was curious to explore that particular angle I hadn't seen mentioned anywhere yet.

If Putin/Russia initiated this whole thing it would have to be ballzy as hell, and Im not sure that's the position the Kremlin is in.

My impression is that the Kremlin is in a much better position than Western media and politicians would have us believe. Russia is nowhere near being isolated, quite the contrary. The sanctions are not hurting Russia, they mostly hurt the European Union, particularly Germany which should make our European leaders wonder what game the U.S. are really playing here but... crickets, publicly at least.

The news regarding BRICS, especially the multitude of projects relating to transport corridors paints a very different picture. Another rather neglected puzzle piece in the whole Prigozhin/Wagner/Coup reporting and related Kremlin astrology is Wagner's huge footprint in Africa. It hints at a vastly deeper and more organized Russian geopolitical strategy. Was that all just going to implode because something, something Shoigu/Prigozhin? I don't think so.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I almost have more belief that Western intelligence could pull this off instead of the Kremlin.

Did Prigozhin get bribed some or all of the 6.2 billion as some of the rumors suggest ... it definitely sounds like something the West would do, does it not?

Yes, it does sound like something the West would do and in doing so the West may have taken the Kremlin's bait. They knew something like this would be going to happen sooner or later. They would have tried to let it unfold within a scenario they ultimately control and make it work to their own advantage.

Just to be clear: those are my own musings. The Kremlin claims the coup attempt was real and they are at least hinting at the possibility of Western involvement.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Something I have been pondering was the group whos been raiding into Belarus. We heard about them nonstop for a week or two just recently. We know Russia is going to incorporate a large portion of Wagner into its army as contract soldiers. There is also evidence that one of the reasons they have pushed so hard for this is to spread they over the whole of their forces because of how not only well trained they are but show experienced they are. Unlike the west and US specifically...they do not have a current generation of soldiers with as much combat experience. Basically they haven't been at war at least somewhere over the past 20 years consistently. Wagner has been running OPs consistently and this is why I think they perform so much better...the experience. Maybe the price of getting to live and get off free and clear was his endorsement of losing a large part of this manpower. Also if as we have seen via the deadline for accepting contacts with the MOD, there is an issue with loyalty and I'm sure other issue even I don't foresee with taking in soldiers like theirs. So how do you weed out the worst issues...well guess who doesn't get contracts...the ones who marched on Moscow. Now they will probably get a huge majority of their manpower...but he will keep probably 8-16k men and a lot of the equipment...and they are basing right in the region they had issues with partisan guerrilla raids. So Wagner gets a haircut and a new mission dealing with defending and probably raiding from the north as a small unit. He has deniability because publicly they are at odds. Russia gets what they wanted. And this tantrum was real but not really a mutiny so much as a protest against shoigu and the MOD leadership which he paid for behind the scenes and get to save face and still be useful to Russia.

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Like I said Im wide open to opinions, we have heard the US intelligence community got wind of it a few days earlier and officially declared it was an internal Russian matter. Not sure I buy any of that at all, but that doesn't mean I trust TASS either. 

Russia would have us believe it was just another Saturday. Im just thinking if we can find out what really happened perhaps we can get a better picture of what is going to happen in Ukraine. Right now Im of the opinion none of this was good for Ukraine except it will likely remove Wagnerites from the Ukrainian theater partially if not completely. But Russia will double its efforts to hold onto the exact areas it wanted to annex all along.

If the Kremlin pulled to old bait and switch, here's hoping none of the Western intelligence agencies took the bait and showed too much enthusiasm for potential regime change.

tass.com...

MINSK, June 27. /TASS/. Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko said he suggested to his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin to hold off on delivering a harsh retribution to the private military company Wagner when they spoke on June 24.

"I also understood this: A harsh decision had been made. It was implied as a subtext in Putin’s speech - to rub them out. I suggested to Putin to not rush it. I said, let’s talk to [PMC Wagner’s founder Yevgeny] Prigozhin, to his commanders. To this, he told me, "Listen, Sasha, it will be no use. He (Prigozhin - TASS) doesn’t even answer the phone. He doesn’t want to talk to anyone," Lukashenko said, the BelTA news agency reported. Sasha is short for Alexander.

On the evening of June 23, Yevgeny Prigozhin said on Telegram that his units had been attacked, putting the blame for that on the country’s military leadership. The Defense Ministry said the allegations were false. Wagner units that backed Prigozhin started marching on Rostov-on-Don, a city in southern Russia, and on Moscow. The Federal Security Service, known as the FSB, started a criminal investigation into a call for an armed mutiny.

Russian President Vladimir Putin addressed the nation, describing the PMC Wagner’s actions as treason.

Lukashenko, in coordination with Putin, then held talks with Prigozhin, following which PMC Wagner turned back its troops and moved them to their field camps. The Kremlin said that PMC Wagner fighters would not be prosecuted, given their combat merits. The investigation into the armed mutiny was dropped.

tass.com...

Kremlin slams 'speculation' reports that Surovikin knew about upcoming mutiny beforehand
On the evening of June 23, several audio recordings were posted on the Telegram channel of Wagner Private Military Company (PMC) founder Yevgeny Prigozhin
MOSCOW, June 28. /TASS/. Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov has dismissed as speculation and gossip reports in some media that Deputy Commander of Russia’s Joint Group of Forces in Ukraine Sergey Surovikin allegedly knew about the upcoming armed mutiny in advance.

"I think that now there will be a lot of gossip, speculation on this issue [the armed mutiny] and so on. I think this is one of such examples," he told reporters when asked to comment on such articles.

new topics

top topics

join