It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Grade AI May Now Be Spying on American Civilians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Wait until AI begins to answer questions like, "Is so and so a future criminal?"... they gave AI to us to cultivate it for them by asking it everything, "for free"...🤔
edit on 27-6-2023 by FishsticksAndKetchup because: Second thought

edit on 27-6-2023 by FishsticksAndKetchup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: FishsticksAndKetchup
Wait until AI begins to answer questions like, "Is so and so a future criminal?"... they gave AI to us to cultivate it for them by asking it everything, "for free"...🤔

There are already AI hooked up to cameras that flag suspicious activity and notify the police

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jeebs

originally posted by: Mantiss2021
a reply to: esteay812

What is the the real difference between "Artificial" intelligence and human intelligence?

Except that human intelligence is more easily biased by emotion and hidden personal agendas.

I would posit that AI's entire lack of emotion or personal agenda would create a situation where it is potentially devoid of any context, and makes terrible decisions.

Hard to say. Who knows?

Or to do one better... The AI starts to "generate" outcomes that give "positive" decisions. I.e. it lies, because oversight wants that decision, so it does.

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

Or just straight up deepfakes crimes being committed.

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 06:13 PM
link   

LOL , May ? What's the Over/Under on that ?

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I think the mental gymnastics to convince themselves of the ethics & morality involved would be something along the lines of:

"If it's only the AI doing the spying, and no human comes into contact with the data unless the AI flags something for human review, then 'nobody' is actually spying on innocent civilians, because the only people coming to the attention of human agents, would be those who have triggered a series of 'traps' whereby the AI has flagged keywords or semantic factors or online activity which lead to a suspicion that the person involved may be up to no good. Those who have nothing to hide have nothing to fear, etc."

Not sure how I feel about that, but I suppose it's not entirely unethical to consider it in that light. The AI helping to sort out what actually needs review, rather than dragnet search & storage of all data. Possibly an acceptable use case scenario. Still a bit creeped out by the idea that AI might have that much control.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

It's not a perfect science....yet.

Hang in there, we're making progress as fast as we can.

It's a very delicate operation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join