It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Grade AI May Now Be Spying on American Civilians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 10:45 PM
link   
interestingengineering.com...

Just as the title says (the thread title is copied from the article title itself). . . it is also unregulated, as stated in the article. I'm not sure what to think about this and thought it would be good to hear your opinions to help make my own opinion. Obviously it's wrong to have military grade tech spying on oblivious civilians, but is it with malicious intent? Regardless of intent, a "free" country spying on the citizens without their knowledge is unsettling, to say the least.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: esteay812

Now?

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Why do you think Biden is spending billions to give the entire US high speed internet?

Nothing is private anymore....NOTHING.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: esteay812
...Obviously it's wrong to have military grade tech spying on oblivious civilians, but is it with malicious intent? ...

Is it with malicious intent?

Noooo! They probably just want to find out what kind of cookies everyone likes and who is lactose intolerant so they can serve us milk and cookies for being good little boys and girls...

HELL YES THERE'S MALICIOUS INTENT! Do you think they'd be doing it for our own good?

:
edit on 2023 6 27 by incoserv because: formatting error.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 11:16 PM
link   

What is the the real difference between "Artificial" intelligence and human intelligence?

Except that human intelligence is more easily biased by emotion and hidden personal agendas.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Somebody has to do my job now that I'm retired.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The article didnt name any 'tools' but I know for sure tools developed by 3 letter agencies don't make their way to the private sector.

As far as getting spied on, there's no need. You're giving it to them. Even this site ATS, check and see how many assets are being loaded to track and collect data about you. You give it to them and they turn around and sell it. Its not illegal. There's no regulation because Americans have been convinced that regulation is bad, so you have to deal with this.

And yes, sometimes the customer purchasing this data is government agency, it is legal after all.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Can I just ask that all of you use common sense for a moment?

Exactly what is there to be worth spying on? They already collate data on every consumer move you make. Your politics can quickly be worked out by AI from this trail alone; the sites you visit and the consumer choices you make as well as the comments you write.

These devices are useless for any civilian monitoring and intelligence gathering. It is tech for using against an enemy who is doing everything they can to use AI to hide from you.

What useful intelligence can be gathered from junk food, coke swilling obease gun obsessed opioid abusing average Americans with blocked up arteries who they know about too much already? Unfortunately I have just described the average American. Shows you how near our doom is.

Poor Israel, here is your warrior who you depend on for your security; a paranoid TV dinner couch potato! I don't fancy your odds, do you?

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Sure... nevermind the patriot act, and the five eyes program.

Seems as if the American dream is about to be over, now that the fine print comes into full effect, those still dreaming are about to slip into a nightmare and those waking up are surprised about the fine print... Waking up wasn't for free...

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 03:56 AM
link   
On the bright side of all this big data and AI emergence, information is like food for the machine. If some kind of digital sentience does evolve, killing everyone off will leave it hungry for data, unless it finds something else to do?

On the machine self preservation issues, Moore's law where processing continues to get smaller size, faster speed and bigger memory will be a priority to help it grow. Nano tech is a growing industry these days with lots going on.

In Australia, the telecommunication industry was built on the government getting a copy since the early day phones. This has been tightly regulated and only used for national security issues, local police don't get access. Since then you cannot get a mobile phone without ID and public encryption standards are regulated.

As all this data continues to build and more people get access how will it shape reality? If everyone could see what everyone else is doing. All our sin if we agree or not out in the open. How would that change our bank accounts, political landscape and free will.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 05:06 AM
link   
If it's military grade I'm not worried in the slightest

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Anyone read the constitution i/e Fourth Amendment?

Or Money Article I section 10 (Ten) debt they owe you for payment Gold or silver ONLY.

If you got a dollar silver 24.00,,,,,,, 20 dollar gold piece over 1,500.00

edited to add info....

edit on 27-6-2023 by ZED332L because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2023 by ZED332L because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ZED332L

I read that in my state constitution, payment is due in silver. I should be getting my tax returns in silver from the State of Michigan, but I'm lucky to get any returns and super lucky to get a $10 energy draft to help pay my heating bills.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

What is the the real difference between "Artificial" intelligence and human intelligence?

Except that human intelligence is more easily biased by emotion and hidden personal agendas.

I would posit that AI's entire lack of emotion or personal agenda would create a situation where it is potentially devoid of any context, and makes terrible decisions.

Hard to say. Who knows?

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I felt confident when asking that question that some would say it's being done to test it and work out the kinks to use against enemies, 😂. . .

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ASrubWhoDiedAgain

People also seem to forget the fact that every single telephone call is recorded and scanned. . .

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 10:43 AM
link   
We have all been spied on since the internet took off in the 90s. Every time your in public there's cameras on you from all angles and of it's connected to wi-fi you can bet you bottom dollar facial recognition is being used. Every transaction you make is sent to a data base. Every e-mail you send, a copy is made and sent off to be read by a program searching for key words. Put it this way your mobile phone is already A.I and collects all you say and do and then determines how best to serve you. A.I is just another type of control mechanism.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

And why is the government giving so much money and help to Starlink?

Could it be there's an interest in creating a GLOBAL network easy to spy on, that you helped develop over the years?

Then add Neuralink chips in brains, Starlink connecting into all of them, and nothing will truly EVER again be private. While the people are talking about one rich guy vaccinating people, the richest guy is literally creating tools for mass mind control.

edit on 27-6-2023 by Mahogany because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
a reply to: Vasa Croe

And why is the government giving so much money and help to Starlink?

Could it be there's an interest in creating a GLOBAL network easy to spy on, that you helped develop over the years?

Then add Neuralink chips in brains, Starlink connecting into all of them, and nothing will truly EVER again be private. While the people are talking about one rich guy vaccinating people, the richest guy is literally creating tools for mass mind control.

The government gives money to ISPs, not just star link, to subsidize providing internet to people living in rural and remote locations. Internet access is another one of those things that the cities we love to hate are paying for.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Merman

The greatest conspiracy? Is that its not...a conspiracy...Its full blown and out there. Been that way since the Cold War. Tech made it much worse.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join