It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Label "Cis" as a Slur That Can Get You Banned

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Below is a pushback on Musk for making such a move. I on the other hand agree with him 100%. The radical left invented the words cisgender, cis woman. cis male and I said many months ago that I was not asked if it was OK for me to be called that, and I find it as a slur or an unwanted label that is derogatory in how it is used.

It seems on Twitter a person complained about people calling him Cis and so was attacked with the term Cis used in a derogatory way towards the man and Musk finally stepped in.

Here is a better look at the situation.

edit on Thu Jun 22 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: spelling for label

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It's Musk's playground and he can make new rules, bend old rules, throw out the rules and start over...the possibilities are endless. But, yeah, free speech.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   
misssspell EVERYTHING you typpe.

people can read it, but the r0b0ts cannnot.
at least for now, this is how i dodge the gl0balizts.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

It's Musk's playground and he can make new rules, bend old rules, throw out the rules and start over...the possibilities are endless. But, yeah, free speech.

Do you agree Cis can be used as a slur? It is called freedom of speech, not freedom of any word you feel like using. Many words can be slurs, and you can get your "freedom of speech" points across without using them.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Isn't it funny how all the people that applauded Musk for claiming to make Twitter completely free speech are also applauding this move? Meanwhile dropping legitimate slurs will provoke no action from mods.

Let's be fair though, this is all because his trans child disowned him.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 03:45 PM
link   

We used to be able to offend people and folks would say, "I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

I'm against this, because I think we should be encouraging free speech no matter what is said.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: drongosrevenge

I hope you dont believe that dispelling will save you

You can send me a PM if you would like to see how good AI can read your messages and see exactly what you mean

as a sampler, here is than answer to your last post, the answer from openAi:

"I understand that you're referring to someone who believes they can avoid detection by intentionally misspelling their texts. While it's true that misspelling words can make it harder for automated systems like search engines or text analysis algorithms to identify specific content, it's important to note that modern technology is continuously advancing.

Automated systems are becoming more sophisticated and are capable of understanding misspelled words or interpreting context even when there are errors. Furthermore, human readers can still comprehend misspelled text, especially if the errors are not excessive.

If someone wishes to maintain their privacy or evade detection, intentionally misspelling words alone may not be an effective strategy. Other measures, such as using encryption or anonymous communication methods, may offer better protection. However, it's essential to stay within legal and ethical boundaries when using such methods"

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I am sure wanting to recoup some of his $44billion dollars is making him see free speech as a little to expensive

gotta love the fact to some he was the 'new' savior, the reality is he is just another guy more interested in his bank balance than anything else....and some people are suprised...lol

as for twitter, i only ever see links to it on ATS and even then I barely bother to click them, the place is moron city IMO
edit on 000000p3003America/Chicago622202346 by UpThenDown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 03:51 PM
link   

the term cis is othering language just as harmful as misgendering

you refuse to play the pronoun game, you also refuse the protections it affords from othering language

cant have it both ways
edit on 22-6-2023 by SigmaXSquared because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I still have no idea what any of those made terms even mean, and I don't wanna know either.

Comment Closed.

edit on 6/22/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Do you agree Cis can be used as a slur? It is called freedom of speech, not freedom of any word you feel like using. Many words can be slurs, and you can get your "freedom of speech" points across without using them.

I think it should be assessed on a case by case basis because derogatory slurs and vitriol can exist on both sides. One side baiting or triggering the other side should also be looked at because these tactics are used everywhere online.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Yep, there will possibly be a time when AI can retro scan everything you’ve ever typed online in a matter of minutes.
Your dark past may come back to haunt you yet 😬

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We used to be able to offend people and folks would say, "I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

I'm against this, because I think we should be encouraging free speech no matter what is said.

There are many ways to be banned from ATS, so why are you not banned since you can say what you want, any way you want? You also would need to offend people face to face back in the day and that puts a whole new level to the internet warrior who says things at will without repercussions for what they said.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   

What a load of BS, back in the day people resorted to violence not polite 'agree to disagree' anything. What a joke.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   

There are many ways to be banned from ATS, so why are you not banned since you can say what you want, any way you want? You also would need to offend people face to face back in the day and that puts a whole new level to the internet warrior who says things at will without repercussions for what they said.

To be honest, I don't know why I'm not banned yet. I have enough warnings to wallpaper a condo.

But in the arena of speech, I must always side for more freedom than less.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 04:53 PM
link   

What a load of BS, back in the day people resorted to violence not polite 'agree to disagree' anything. What a joke.

AAAAAnd your post illustrates why we can't have nice things.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 04:54 PM
link   

And your post illustrates that we never had nice things.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown

gotta love the fact to some he was the 'new' savior, the reality is he is just another guy more interested in his bank balance than anything else....and some people are suprised...lol

If he was more worried about his money he would never have bought Twitter in the first place.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown

If he was more worried about his money he would never have bought Twitter in the first place.

He just forgot to tell everyone that it was HIS free speech only that he was talking about.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   

And your post illustrates that we never had nice things.

You must be young.

Pity.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join