It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having trouble identify wierd sound at night in CT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Hello all,

Periodically, I am hearing these strange sounds outside. I finally caught a decent video of what I hear, it's ~4 am here (EST). I'm positive that these are real sounds. I am in the CT area and I'm fairly certain there is no construction, no machinery, and noone awake in my neighborhood. When I walk around looking for the 'source' of these sounds... they just seem to come from the distance. It's too loud to be from any house in particular. I have no clue what is possibly making these noises, and it's a little spooky. I am sure there is a logical explanation for this.

For those who cant see the video, it just sounds like BRRRUUUUMMM.... BRRRUUUUMMM.... BRRRUUUUMMM... BRRRUUUUMMM... off in the distance. More of a whirr, or machine sound to it. Here is my youtube video of this:

If anyone can readily identify these sounds, please, help me out here. Sounds like it's coming from everywhere.

edit on 22-6-2023 by Attentionwandered because: clarifying

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Attentionwandered

Are you near a highway with a road that crosses ?
Do you notice the sound at certain times or is it throughout the day ?

ETA : Ok, scratch my original thought, that's sounds too regular and mechanical. Give us more of an idea about the area you're in. No specific company names or anything, but are there factories or the like near ?
edit on 22-6-2023 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Do you have water around you sounds like a big old bull frog.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Reports of underground boring machines have been going on for decades. Some do make good progress these days so should be over the worst of it in a few days, week or two at most unless there is more extensive underground works going on in your local area.

It can be tough to identify the actual source as the ground does muffle a lot of the noise. With a good ear or the right equipment it can help find just where this grinding is coming from.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Are there any factories nearby? It does have a similar sound to a "shift change" klaxon. Used to hear something similar where I live (Cornwall, UK) from a metal work factory that sometimes ran 24hrs. Factory has gone now, been replaced by some awful "town houses"

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 06:59 AM
link   
It could be a foghorn

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 06:59 AM
link   

To me it sounds like those compressed air screwdrivers car mechanics use. Check the pattern...
are they building power lines? Well anything that is held together by screws could possibly make that sound when building...

ETA
I mean nuts and bolts
edit on 22-6-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Being as early as it is, I would assume no construction/trades are working yet. Doesn't rule it out, just my thought
edit on 22-6-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Who knows right... Around here most work on train infrastructure is done during night time.

Hunters and fishers usually are up early, building a high-tech cabin maybe?

It sounds too familiar to be something wooo.

I'd definitely try and pinpoint the sound and check it out...

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Appreciate all of your replys. I live about 2 miles from the highway, in a decently populated area near i95

Underground... its making alot of sense. The noise sounds like its all around and I swear I hear engines and rumbling at weird hours.

The craziest part, ive noticed an exceptional amount of "road work" on the highways, but it looks like noone is there! There are just police and giant lights and it looks all blocked off for nothing.

At one spot near the bridge by the train station, they have been working there for over a year or two now. The road isnt fixed, the bridge isnt rennovated, all it amounts to is giant metal slabs in the road during the day and a detour at night.

This noise was usually on that side of the house facing the train, now its behind me. Tunnels really explain it... wow. That's crazy and I wonder what is going on.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Sounds like a bullfrog to me..

Or it could be a bobcat.....the noises they can make are down right freaky.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Here, at night, and only in summer : we would hear what sounded like a generator running.

Not always running evenly, but cycling-up and down, over periods of 10-30 seconds.

Went out to walk-around twice, and could never locate it.

Then saw it one day : it was one of those little sidewalk vacuum-cleaners, you know, where the worker sits in a little cabin, and the hose comes over the top, and the worker has a handle to move the hose around.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I worked at a steel factory for decades. It ran 24/7. At night if someone called on the company's phone, it rang over the PA system, and it sounded like that. Neighbors within a half mile reported hearing it. They also clearly heard pages over the PA and could even tell a name that was being paged. Got any 24/7 industry around?

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   

My "guess" though i will agree it does sound somewhat mechanical, could be echoes...
i grew up in MA not far from you, we used to catch them all the time, when i was young they used to be huge, like the size of cats, but i havent seen any that big in a long time.
There is water or swamp area near you somewhere and they are attracting mates

Bullfrog

Bullfrog sounds

edit on 22pm30100000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I`m pretty sure thats a "anti mole device" you are hearing in your video.

How far is you next neighbor?

My "anti mole device" sounds exactly the same from 30-50 meters away.

Its a stick that is stuck in the soil and it vibrates every few seconds - keeps them buggers away without having to kill them.

edit on 22-6-2023 by Sanitarium79 because: typos

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I'm voting for either bullfrog or lowing-cattle.

I don't think it is a bird, but Cornell University developed a "Bird Call Identifier" (Merlin). It used to be online, but now it is an app.

Merlin Bird ID by Cornell Lab on the App Store

Merlin Bird ID by Cornell Lab - Apps on Google Play

I haven't tried these apps, but when it was just a web-application, you would record unrecognized (bird) sound, then upload audio clip for analysis. My unknown repetitive mystery noise turned out to be a (95% probability) Great Horned Owl.

Maybe someone has developed an audio-recognition tool that tries to do more than birds?

found the online version:
BirdNET Sound ID
edit on 22-6-2023 by tnxoxodka because: found online version, added link

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Any military installations near you?

To me it sounds like a hangar door opening/closing signal. I could be completely wrong of course.

new topics

top topics

join