It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan and public executions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaliGirl69

I think they might be on to something.

They are on to something and we had similar consequences for perpetrators of crime here in the UK before the PC leftie BS namby pamby c*ck sucking brigade stole our country. Bring it over here, bring it on

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CaliGirl69

Considering the state of the Justice system in the US today, I don't think this would be a very good idea.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaliGirl69

I think they might be on to something. They do their executions in public and even allow the victims relatives to participate. While this might seem cruel and maybe an unusual punishment for us United States citizens, I wonder if this was done in the US, how much crime would actually be cut down. Using public shame might work because we all are 95% consumed with how we are perceived by others. Just a thought though.

Didn't America use to have public executions? I remember reading articles about mob rule by guys in white Scottish Freemason garb hanging people from certain groups, and "serving" justice?? /sarc
edit on 21-6-2023 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
Didn't America use to have public executions? I remember reading articles about mob rule by guys in white Scottish Freemason garb hanging people from certain groups, and "serving" justice?

The USA gave up public executions in the 1930s. The last person publicly executed in the US was a black man in 1936, convicted of rape. The last person publicly executed in the UK was an Irish terrorist who killed 12 people - that was 1868.

Public executions are to satiate the mob.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom
Let's take a look at how Afghanistan got to this point??? Your post a nothing burger. What actually happened was a civilised country, whether Russia or USA, ran Afghanistan for a bit. The trouble came when they left and gave it back to section of people who still strictly follow stone age justice.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It still all boils down to crime and punishment. Should a prison be for punishment or rehabilitation. As been said before, there are criminals that sometimes are "accidental" criminals, a one off or a bad judgement. These are the people that need help and rehabilitation. Then there are career criminals that want no other life, cannot be rehabilitated, for these prison should be 1. to be taken out of public life so they cannot commit crimes on other people and 2. punishment.

Now you come to the career criminal and in doing so the priority MUST be on the victim as every crime has a victim. The criminal has absolutely no empathy for his victim or they wouldn't commit the crime so the shame or remorse is not there. The debate should be (for the career criminal) what punishment should fit the crime?

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: CaliGirl69

None of that helps against crime. It's shown that punishment in no form whatsoever has any detriment on crime. In fact you could drop the death sentence and there'd be no rise in crime.
Education and equal opportunity are things that help most against crime.
But hey I was just waiting for the Republicans to endorse the Muslim way... I knew religious fanatics will find themselves on common Holly ground

If you eliminate the criminals, you will eliminate the crimes they would have committed.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

By that logic.

If you eliminate guns you'd eliminate the deaths they would have caused....
You might wanna think that line of reasoning through

Criminal is not a disease but a symptom of a disease ridden society. You won't cure the disease by fighting the symptoms...

edit on 21-6-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   

By that logic.

If you eliminate guns you'd eliminate the deaths they would have caused....
You might wanna think that line of reasoning through

Criminal is not a disease but a symptom of a disease ridden society. You won't cure the disease by fighting the symptoms...

No.

Because guns don't commit crimes, criminals with guns do.

And here you are, not wanting the criminals gone, but the guns?

Might want to rethink that line of reasoning.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Well, actually... I'm applying the logic of why guns are not the problem to both arguments while you try to flip flop...

As a swiss citizen I can guarantee you guns are not the problem, and punishment is no viable deterrent for crime.

But you can keep thinking that and blame the Marxists see how that resolves the problems your nation faces...

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Well, actually... I'm applying the logic of why guns are not the problem to both arguments while you try to flip flop...

As a swiss citizen I can guarantee you guns are not the problem, and punishment is no viable deterrent for crime.

But you can keep thinking that and blame the Marxists see how that resolves the problems your nation faces...

Letting criminals run free, not prosecuting crimes, all creates an atmosphere where crime is now "legal" especially in leftist-run areas of our nation.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

reminds me of something I read.

www.guns.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   

your country has admitted they cannot protect swiss women anymor efrom the rape gangs roaming the country you call home. I think if they started getting death penalties for it they would cease.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   
We are still publicly executing people just not in the same form as Afghanistan.
Cancel Culture is a milder form but still can “kill off” the offender.
Heck the MS media does it nightly lol

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I just sprayed my screen with coffee! Needed that laugh. Thank you!

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

That's interesting, care to back that up with some sauce?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join