It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil Degrasse on divine properties.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 03:46 AM
link   
The relativity of Einstein: The faster you move the slower time ticks for you relative to the observer.

5:00 When you go the speed of light you will watch the whole future history of the universe unfold in front of your eyes.
For you, your time has slowed to the point where as you observe the things that are not moving at the speed of light, you see them unfold.

- Light sees everything, therefore knows everything when it has good memory.

7:30 and further: Travelling at the speed of light there is no time. Light can travel across the universe and not age.

- Light is eternal.

So far I can conclude that something eternal exists, possibly knowing everything and if this light is conscious, as it sees everything unfold it could imagine itself to be the creator of everything.

edit on 20-6-2023 by Untun because: spelling

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Untun

Sorry, I can’t stand listening to him. Pompous arrogant tw@t.

Although I agree with you about eternal consciousness.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

I appreciate his videos and the hilariousness coming from it often. Wishing you the best.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 04:17 AM
link   

But isn't light speed still an issue due to mass vs. energy needed propulsion (with tech known to us)

The engine needed to produce enough power to go the speed of light, will be so heavy that it wont be able to produce the energy needed to overcome itself and reach speed of light?

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I care not for Degrass.
The man that destroyed astronomy by removing Pluto's status as a planet .

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Light moves and it takes 'time' to get there.

Having said that, there is no 'time' as such. There is only movement and movement is always relative. We measure relative movement and can measure where something has been and where it might go but where it has been and might go are just projections. There is no past or future just a continuous moving present.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I care not for Degrass.
The man that destroyed astronomy by removing Pluto's status as a planet .

edit on 6/20/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Untun
The relativity of Einstein: The faster you move the slower time ticks for you relative to the observer.

5:00 When you go the speed of light you will watch the whole future history of the universe unfold in front of your eyes.
For you, your time has slowed to the point where as you observe the things that are not moving at the speed of light, you see them unfold.

- Light sees everything, therefore knows everything when it has good memory.

7:30 and further: Travelling at the speed of light there is no time. Light can travel across the universe and not age.

- Light is eternal.

So far I can conclude that something eternal exists, possibly knowing everything and if this light is conscious, as it sees everything unfold it could imagine itself to be the creator of everything.

Can’t stand listening to this buffoon, but I’ll check it anyway. I don’t trust this guy at all though.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I like Neil deGrasse Tyson. I disagree with him on many things.

Pluto isn't a planet due to it's orbit.

I don't understand your time codes.

Time is a perception of the mind.

There's a lot out there, I fear the truth as much as I fear hell. That alone scares me. Also, I don't believe in hell, but absolute truth is something I've never experienced.
edit on 20-6-2023 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

Sorry, I can’t stand listening to him. Pompous arrogant tw@t.

Although I agree with you about eternal consciousness.

You're not alone in that, he is truly cringe worthy.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The Light is Good.

You would do well to dwell therein.

But Chaos is, and allows all things to be as they are.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   
no light is not eternal, light is like all other forms of electromagnetic radiation, it decays into heat then that heat decays into either a form we cant measure or is destroyed forever.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

If a photon has no mass then how can it decay into a lighter element? Consider the origins and definitions of the word lighter.

The life of a photon

From our reference frame:

That's a lot longer than the entire age of the universe.
edit on 20/6/23 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

The universe exists beyond this moment. That is the very point of spacetime.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I don't think that answers my question.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

True that, the law of conservation of energy.

Evil becomes good or good becomes evil but is never destroyed.
edit on 20-6-2023 by Untun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 05:21 PM
link   
You lost me at “Neil Degrasse”

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Interesting conclusions to draw, but fundamentally a misrepresentation of what light is.

Photons don't have awareness, and are not eternal. They have a decay rate of about a billion billion years. At really high energies the electromagnetism that photons carry is combined with the weak nuclear force and called the electroweak force, which itself, at even higher energies, is combined with the strong nuclear force and called the The Grand Unified Force.

A lot proceeded light. (Mostly copied from wikipedia)

Universe Opaque

Planck Epoch - Times shorter than 10−43 seconds
Grand Unification Epoch - Between 10−43 seconds and 10−36 seconds after the Big Bang
Electroweak Epoch
• Inflation - 10−32 seconds after the Big Bang
• Thermalization - Starting anywhere between 10−22 and 10−15 seconds after the Big Bang
• Symmetry Breaking - 10−12 seconds after the Big Bang
Quark Epoch - Between 10−12 seconds and 10−5 seconds after the Big Bang
Hadron Epoch - Between 10−5 second and 1 second after the Big Bang
Neutrino Decoupling - Around 1 second after the Big Bang
Lepton Epoch - Between 1 second and 10 seconds after the Big Bang
Photon Epoch - Between 10 seconds and 370,000 years after the Big Bang
• Nucleosynthesis - Between 2 minutes and 20 minutes after the Big Bang
• Matter Domination - 47,000 years after the Big Bang

Universe Transparent. *Though there were photons in the photon Epoch, none of them could travel far enough to be recognized as light.

Atomic nuclei were created in the process of nucleosynthesis, which occurred during the first few minutes of the photon epoch. For the remainder of the photon epoch, the universe contained a hot dense plasma of nuclei, electrons and photons.

Recombination/Photon Decoupling - About 370,000 years after the Big Bang

This is as far back as we can observe. Around this time the first hydrogen atoms began to release photons (Photon decoupling) that became the radio waves which are now called the cosmic microwave background radiation. But there were no structures formed yet, so after initial Decoupling the universe, now transparent, went dark.

Dark Ages - 370 thousand to about 1 billion years after the Big Bang
• First Generation of Stars - Around 150 million to 1 billion years after the Big Bang

Technically 150 million years ended "the dark ages", but it is still called that. And that's the minimum length it took after inflation before the light you observe today (besides CMB) came into existence.
edit on 20-6-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Any info of what darkness is?

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 08:42 PM
link   

An illusion? The absence of observable electromagnetism?

What doesn't shine, doesn't necessarily not exist though. There hasn't been darkness since before the big bang, which itself could have existed as a primordial scalar field.

Said "dark matter" could be made of exotic particles called axions, which may have had its own symmetry breaking event around inflation.

Wikipedia says:

Inflation suggests that if they exist, axions would be created abundantly during the Big Bang.[91] Because of a unique coupling to the instanton field of the primordial universe (the "misalignment mechanism"), an effective dynamical friction is created during the acquisition of mass, following cosmic inflation. This robs all such primordial axions of their kinetic energy..

Scalar Dark Matter:

The dark matter can be modeled as a scalar field using two fitted parameters, mass and self-interaction. In this picture the dark matter consists of an ultralight particle with a mass of ~10−22 eV when there is no self-interaction. If there is a self-interaction a wider mass range is allowed. The uncertainty in position of a particle is larger than its Compton wavelength (a particle with mass 10−22 eV has a Compton wavelength of 1.3 light years), and for some reasonable estimates of particle mass and density of dark matter there is no point talking about the individual particles’ positions and momenta.

That's insane for a particle to have a wavelength larger than our entire solar system (beyond the Oort Cloud).

Current article ties to above:

www.universetoday.com...

edit on 20-6-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join