It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black mirror, what happened.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Being 3 episodes in on black mirror, I don’t know what’s happened.

First episode “Joan is awful” was great the multi level, multiverse, it was great got me thinking.

The “Loch Henry” where’s the techno horror story? It was like another episode of silent witness, though pretty average.

Beyond the sea was interesting though was more or less a rehashed, outer limits episode, once again average.

Mazes day. What happened, it’s just another American werewolf in s drug rehab clinic.

It’s turned to crap now.

Gave up.

It’s not a horror twilight zone series.

edit on 19-6-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

I'm with you there, it's too much horror and too little technocrat Dystopia.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I loved the technocratic dystopia. I really enjoyed the earlier series, they are great.

If I wanted horror I would re watch tales from the crypt or the hammer house of horrors.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Well now the technocratic dystopia is a thing, next comes the horror, it’s the natural evolution of things...

I didn’t enjoy every episode from the last series so hopefully it’s just one or two duds in the new one.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I never personally liked Black Mirror Episodes.

Only ever watched the "Bandersnatch episode".

It was already mind #ery playing it.

I find it "mockery in plain sight".
edit on 19-6-2023 by boozo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I never really watched it, but my wife watches a lot of the cap they put out, and I'm pretty sure this is one of many to just be the modern day equivalent of twilight

Let me guess, one of the main characters is in the lmnopasdf+ community, and the entire show is a group of children overcoming adversity

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

yeah not so much... it's very CT friendly.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Yeah, the first 2 seasons were good, down hill after that.

But that's the way just about every half decent show ends up anymore.

A couple good seasons then dumb and boring.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Like Jurassic park…though werewolves.

I liked really liked metal head, it was great to entertain what happened, and what caused the dystopia they are in.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Wonder if it has anything to do with the writers strike.

I found counterpart really well written, though jk Simmons was brilliant in it

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I enjoyed loch Henry and call me naive but I did not see that twist

I enjoyed beyond the sea , for personal reasons having become a widow myself in January this year , it was a difficult watch but relatable

Did not enjoy Joan is awful

Didn’t mind werewolf episode

Not watched episode 5 yet

Current order of for this season, best to worst imo

See where episode 5 fits after watching it

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Let me guess, one of the main characters is in the lmnopasdf+ community, and the entire show is a group of children overcoming adversity

You couldn't be further from correct.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

Only two episodes in, and the first is the best. It warns of quantum computing leading to virtual universes that generate content for human consumption. The concept reminded me a bit of Hang the DJ, which is a fantastic episode but also showed the potential horrific side of empowered AI.

Loch Henry was good; it didn't really feel like a Black Mirror episode unless you look at the docu-drama aspect of it, which feels like a stretch. The little easter eggs and callbacks are also fun, like how the documentary won over one on San Junipero. Even in Joan is Awful, Loch Henry is a recommended watch for the characters. Pretty decent in world storytelling.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: lordcomac

You couldn't be further from correct.

I watched the first 2 episodes and definetely the first one (Joan is awful) was lmnopasdf+.

I think there were 10 characters maybe eleven with speaking roles. 4 of them were definitely gay, 2 males and 2 females. So what you are saying I suppose is that right now, 40 % is an accurate number for homosexual representation in society?

Also, in Joan is awful, during the (I think) second scene where she drives to work she is singing along with a female rap song that is vulgar and states twice that she loves her vagina in other peoples mouths. I suppose that isnt really lmnopasdf+, it is hyper sexual and annoying.

The second episode doesnt seem to have lmnopasdf+, but it does have implied sexual scenes that are disgusting as the victims of the sexual abuse are also murdered. It also implies that the murderers have a possible throuple with an older male/female couple and a younger man.

THerefore, I do believe that you are incorrect.

edit on 19-6-2023 by greendust because: satan

edit on 19-6-2023 by greendust because: satan2

edit on 19-6-2023 by greendust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: greendust

I can see the point you making and if I had the irks that would get me too.
I do think that you may have looked into that mote than necessary but also your perspective is needed when creating a great show.....not that black mirror is anymore.
I have been extremely dissatisfied with this latest season.
It all seems very predictable and could easily be anticipated from the viewer.
That is what I have a problem with. I do love me standalone tippy things but this latest season can barely keep me going for a full episode, let alone the season.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Wait until you watch the last episode.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: greendust

I can see the point you making and if I had the irks that would get me too.
I do think that you may have looked into that mote than necessary but also your perspective is needed when creating a great show.....not that black mirror is anymore.
I have been extremely dissatisfied with this latest season.
It all seems very predictable and could easily be anticipated from the viewer.
That is what I have a problem with. I do love me standalone tippy things but this latest season can barely keep me going for a full episode, let alone the season.

Although the second episode was not very Black Mirror, I did enjoy it. Not that it was provoking intellectually, just was a decent scary short. Also the main character gal with no eyebrows annoyed me for some reason. It seemed that the writers may have had a reason for that but it was cut out. Having no eyebrows is for some reason so un aesthetic. It needs to be explained. Its almost like a cat with no tail or something.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Yeah, the first 2 seasons were good, down hill after that.

But that's the way just about every half decent show ends up anymore.

A couple good seasons then dumb and boring.

In my opinion, seasons 3-4 were all fantastic. Season 4 episode USS Callister and Season 3's San Junipero were some of the best television iv'e ever watched.

Season 6 isn't TERRIBLE, but it's not on the same level of sci-fi that previous seasons were. Acting seems pretty good, and they have a lot of top-tier actors.

Probably would have been much better if they hired B-list actors and focused on hiring better writers. Considering the show is known for its mind-bending dystopian sci-fi.

Since season 5, they've been hiring a lot of top tier actors, then writing has gone down. The show doesn't need better acting though.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I liked "Joan is Aweful" a bit. Probably could have been done better with the emergence of AI and deep-fakes. It didn't make a whole lot of sense sometimes.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Episode 5 was ridiculous, the devil, it would have at least been a worthy story to have the revelation at the end when she realised she was stuck as a code in a super computer as an extension of life storage facility for her door.

Vanilla sky style.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join