It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST IN: 20 armed IRS agents raid Great Falls gun store

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Took NO FINANCIAL RECORDS, accounting or tax statements just every 4473 BUYER’S INFORMATION form.

Rep. Rosendale to Newsmax: IRS Targets Conservatives Who Want to Own Guns

Montana GOP Rep. Matt Rosendale told Newsmax on Friday that the Internal Revenue Service's raid and subsequent closure of a store licensed to sell firearms and accessories earlier this week is the agency's latest attempt "to create a database" on conservatives who want to own a gun.

"This is stormtrooper-type activity, and we're not used to seeing it in our country whatsoever," Rosendale said while appearing on "The Chris Salcedo Show." "This is the kind of activity that demonstrates why we were trying to, in the House of Representatives, defund those additional 87,000 IRS agents."

I'm at a loss for words...

All I can come up with is...

So it begins...
edit on 6/16/2023 by UberL33t because: adherence

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I think the DNC knows they don't stand a snowballs chance of winning in 2024 and have launched BAMN.

I hope I'm wrong and this isn't step one in trying to do away with 2A. I also hope the loose canons don't take the bait and react with protests; remember, it's 'domestic terrorism' if conservatives gather in numbers to peacefully protest.

This is something that requires lawsuits and the courts' intervention.
edit on 50000001010America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: UberL33t
Took NO FINANCIAL RECORDS, accounting or tax statements just every 4473 BUYER’S INFORMATION form.

So it begins...

So what begins actually?

FWIW Ive found most times it's better to get the story from local news sources, but that doesn't mean I endorse the tactics either.

Still sometimes as always, stories like these make me wonder if something larger going on in the background. Legit or otherwise,

Much more balanced report from the Billings Gazette

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

So it begins...

So what begins actually?

FWIW Ive found most times it's better to get the story from local news sources, but that doesn't mean I endorse the tactics either.

Still sometimes as always, stories like these make me wonder if something larger going on in the background. Legit or otherwise,

The Gazette story was pretty much the same as the Newsmax story.
Why take the 4473s? They are probably going to try to infringe on a gun buyers rights.

That’s what is meant by “So it begins”

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

Hmmm.

For what purpose does the IRS need 4473s?

Not the ATF, FBI, DEA...but the IRS?

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Prolly tax stamp information so they can drum up some fake charges.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Hmmm.

I can think of several purposes, including investigating a suspected money laundering scheme, and insuring all applicable taxes have been levied/paid.

By the way folks: the shop owner lost LESS that a full days trading due to the 'raid' (not much less, but never the less).

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

Money laundering scheme...sounds like something that would get investigated, on a federal level from a bureaucracy. Taxes paid come from the POS at a local retailer.

Where would we be as a society without gov't bootlickers.

Thank you for your service?

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Hmmm.

Only the law abiding create, maintain and retain records, and are easy targets because of those 4473's.

Tactically, for a bunch of raiding land pirates, it might be a good idea to know ahead of time just what's on the other side of that door they're going to be knocking on.

Look... eventually those "data centers" will have so much dirt on everyone, forming and exposing a manufactured narrative about a targeted individual will be child's play anyway.🤷🏻
edit on 6/17/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Your right to keep and bear arms is not granted by the government, nor by the US Constitution. The right to defend yourself is granted by NATURE and merely enumerated in the US Constitution. They can't take this right away.

Same with free speech, assembly, etc. These rights are unalienable. Life, Liberty & Pursuit of Happiness, defending yourself is unalienable and is encompassed by your right to Life.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Why is the IRS doing ATF"s job? Smacks of abuse of power. 👎🏻

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

Because they've got 87,000+ new guns and everything to them now looks like a bullseye?

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable

Because they've got 87,000+ new guns and everything to them now looks like a bullseye?

Sounds to me like they've painted a bullseye right on themselves.

I'm sure this story will be buried, but there's no way this is the last time they do this

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Imagine the outcry if had one to fill out a federal form "Forty Four Says Me" every time one posted on ATS or social media in general with the promise that the websites hold the data permanently unless a crime was committed and being investigated by a sole congressionally appointed federal agency.

But reality is any crime can be manufactured and any governmental agency can access your data for any reason.

That seems a fair correlation here until shown otherwise.

Pretty sure congress never intended or wrote specific law into legislation covering form 4473 being accessible to any agency other than ATF or ATF making 4473 available by farcical subterfuge of combined raids.

What they've done smacks of a fishing expedition rather than any specific investigation supported by subpoena or warrant.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   

When it comes to the legal aspect do your laws differentiate between resisting the ATF and the IRS?

Are the consequences of doing so stricter for one than the other?

Are there more obscure laws related to the IRS that makes it easier for them to come up with charges?

I’m not sure if you would know but it may be worth looking into.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuffx2

The IRS can"lose" your past returns and charge you with evasion.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuffx2

I'm not sure. I just know that the IRS is responsible for tax matters, not guns.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Ive known guys that worked in gun stores over the years and they are used to massive over reach by the ATF and typically ask if they have a warrant and when the answer is no tell them to go pound sand.

I want to say the law (at least used to) says if a person committed a crime with a legally purchased fire arm they can come and get that information on the crook, That does not give them legal right to take everyones data that bought a firearm at this location.

I hope that shop lawyers up and goes to court, we need a court ruling about the illegality of the raid.

If the shop is doing something illegal that still doesnt give them the right to all the personal data of people with no probable cause.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Today's Brownshirts.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: putnam6

So it begins...

So what begins actually?

The Gazette story was pretty much the same as the Newsmax story.
Why take the 4473s? They are probably going to try to infringe on a gun buyers rights.

That’s what is meant by “So it begins”

Billings Gazette was more about the actual story the NewsMax story seemed to be more bluster suggesting it's targeting conservatives and Rosedale

They are rattling the cages and shaking the trees, wouldn't be the first time the government just did investigations because they can.
Doesn't mean I like it or agree. But not going to overreact to it either, right now hearing just a bunch of speculation.

probably more of a training exercise than anything else.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join