It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyber Attack Incoming

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 06:35 PM
link   
About an hour ago.

It looks like a lot of US government agencies as well as corporations and other countries were attacked.

www.reuters.com...

The statement by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) added to a growing list of entities in the U.S., UK and other countries whose systems were infiltrated through the MOVEit Transfer software. The hackers took advantage of a security flaw that its maker, Progress Software (PRGS.O), discovered late last month.

Story is unfolding.

ETA; It looks like Biden’s got this.

t.me...

And CNN says Russia.

CNN

Several US federal government agencies have been hit in a global cyberattack by Russian cybercriminals that exploits a vulnerability in widely used software, according to a top US cybersecurity agency.

www.cnn.com...

Trying to verify when this exactly when this took place. Article here from Fox from 5 hours ago.

www.foxnews.com...

edit on 15-6-2023 by NorthOfStuffx2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Multiple US government agencies hit by cyberattack – CNN

The incident comes a day after Russian hackers threatened European banks

I saw the European bank threat yesterday, and everyone was wondering why they would announce it.

A Russian-speaking group known as Cl0p has taken responsibility for most of the breaches, promising to start publishing data obtained from the affected targets if its ransom demands are not met. According to CNN, the group exploited a vulnerability in a popular file-transfer program called MOVEit to gain access to its targets.

In a video released on Wednesday, the Russian-speaking hacktivist groups Killnet and REvil, as well as another group calling itself Anonymous Sudan, said that they would launch a campaign targeting European banks and financial institutions “without mercy.” These organizations have allegedly targeted US and other Western governments in the past, although it is unclear whether they took part in any recent attacks.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

Maybe to take eyes off the real target.

Unless the hack manifests something highly visible I don’t think we will learn what was impacted.

Announcing any successes by the hackers would be akin to giving the enemy range finding information while under a mortar attack.

What we will be told is what they want us to know.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   
there were reports yesterday of several hacker groups threatening the European banking system "within 48 hours".
I wonder if this is related
here is the video i was just watching related to the OP

The post regarding the threat to European banks
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As well as an article I started about an ongoing cyberthreat, which is also mentioned at the end of the video
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope you don't mind if I link this thread to the one I started.
edit on 15pm30700000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: datguy

No, not at all! I didn’t see yours, or I would have just hopped on board there.

Thanks for the link.

This sounds like an ongoing attack.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuffx2

Russia has some solid hackers but this screams china all day. Bet every one of those computers have made in china hardware...
edit on 15-6-2023 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It's likely another False Flag. The WEF has been predicting a cyberattack for over a year now. And what they predict ALWAYS comes true.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Yep. Yep. Yep. It all can end everything that way. Everything everywhere is web-linked. Itll be so fast....we wont even know what it was. Just POOOOOOF! Nothing.....(Crickets).

Be on your porches lookin up n down the street at each other....no phones, electricity, your kids, your parents, home, on the way home...you aint finding out anything about anyone you know...including family...without a way to reach them.

No Bitcoin cashing in...cant drag your "gold" around...and its a horrendous thought. Be prepared. We are not. God bless..

1st Responder (retired)

**Some available Cyber-Attack Info at: READY.GOV

edit on 06231730America/ChicagoThu, 15 Jun 2023 21:12:17 -050012202300000017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 09:18 PM
link   
SPAM

edit on 6/15/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuffx2
a reply to: IndieA

Maybe to take eyes off the real target.

Unless the hack manifests something highly visible I don’t think we will learn what was impacted.

Announcing any successes by the hackers would be akin to giving the enemy range finding information while under a mortar attack.

What we will be told is what they want us to know.

Perhaps..unless it gets quite obvious. Like, if transactions stop, then how do markets function. If markets stop functioning, well, seems to me that would be something they can't really sweep under the carpet. Then again...they've been preparing for this, right? What was it called again? Oh yeah, Cyber Polygon? I think NATO did another one called Locked Shields in the EU with the banks back in April. Always an exercise preceding these events. Like the day of 9/11. Event 201, basically as covid was spreading. Now this...

I suspect that whatever may, or may not happen is well planned by TPTB. If something truly is "attacking" "the US via cyber attack...and Bribem is just sitting there like a bump on a log....he just seems to remind me of Bush reading kids books on 9/11. All of this happening not long after Tucker Carlson goes anti-dictator on Bribem too. Not that I trust the guy, but it is interesting how hard he called him out...I think that video is pushing 6.5M views in 4 hours...his first video is now upwards of 90M views...love him or hate him, people are paying attention.

Tyranny rules by fraud and force. When the fraud is exposed, they can only then rule by force...something like that. Pretty sure that was Orwell.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 09:32 PM
link   
For weeks we have been having server issues every thursday...

today it was different, and nobody wanted to believe the over educated help desk guy.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: riCK23
It's likely another False Flag. The WEF has been predicting a cyberattack for over a year now. And what they predict ALWAYS comes true.

Yea, good point. Nobody actually ever hacks anything. All the corporations that had their networks held ransom were just *insert whoever you don’t like here*.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Ugh. I used MoveIt to transfer files to my own computer just recently. Mind you, there's nothing secret here but if we'd done that for my husband's computer, the security flaw could have exposed our bank accounts.

Bleah.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 01:08 AM
link   
So we have Russia, China, False Flag, or CriticalStinker’s “insert whoever you don’t like here”.

I’m leaning towards False Flag or “whoever I don’t like.”

I don’t see Russia doing it right now unless they want to scrape more onto their plate.

China? Maybe, but I think if they hit us with a large cyber attack it will be a hard hit. As mentioned, they have embedded their tech in everything. They could be probing but I’ll go with my first picks.

One things for sure, when the big one hits we won’t be here on ATS chatting about it.

Which is too bad

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 02:48 AM
link   

It's for sure Russia.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: riCK23

The WEF has been predicting a cyberattack for over a year now. And what they predict ALWAYS comes true.

Did a thread on this a while back mate and yes some of their 'simulations' are very curious indeed.

Also extremely curious that the WEF have been working extremely closely with Russia’s 'Sberbank'.. and there's also some info in there about the CIA's 'Marble Framework'.

WEF's Cyber Polygon Cyberattack Simulation - July 2021.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Explain how ones gold becomes suddenly immobile due to lights out?? Do you even understand the weight value ratio?? I wonder how gold was traded throughout all of human history with no electricity because the lights were out? And there were no supermarkets and corner stores every other street??

Your just silly sometimes.
You only actually need a couple months worth of provisions for the initial kill off. The unskilled and unmedicated will kill each other off en masse in only a few weeks of some magical global EMP ruining logistics and civilization with it.

Then you can come out and join the fray of survival with significantly less competition.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

They're basically 'war games' it's how you test strategies with at least some reality feedback to see if it might work.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 08:15 AM
link   
After reading IndiA's post, it's possible this particular even isn't about taking down any systems but more about stealing data for profit or getting something they want.

A Russian-speaking group known as Cl0p has taken responsibility for most of the breaches, promising to start publishing data obtained from the affected targets if its ransom demands are not met.

This happens all the time but this report is a good trigger to change your passwords on as many sites as you can that hold financial information.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Or it could be non state actors after money, which happens to be quite a bit of hostile hackers anyways.

If they’re good and brazen enough to hit the targets they have, I imagine they’d be smart enough to make their paper trail look like a state actor to make it harder to get caught.

I’m not saying this is an absolute, merely pointing out different possibilities.

I don’t take the CNN implication of Russia as gospel. But no one in this thread has offered any proof towards a false flag past their hunches.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join