It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A good scary story from Skinwalker Ranch, 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I dont really care much for the recent 'Secret of Skinwalker Ranch' program. It's become another fornulaic, scripted History Channel series. I think it's pretty boring. Ahhh...but back In the late 90s and early 2000s, we had some fantastic stuff. A veritable Golden Age of Skinwalker Ranch. Now, Travis and the crew just discuss "anomolies". Sure, there's the UFO sightings or occasional cattle mutilation, but usually, it's just anomolies.

In the old days of George Knapp and Bob Bigelow's NIDS guys, we had UFOs aplenty (of course), but we also had a collection of mind-blowing cryptids. Shapeshifters, dogmen and werewolves, big hairy sasquatches, and 'Predator' type entities that changed from opaque to transparent, There were shadow figures with glowing red eyes. There were visible portals into other realms. There was crazy poltergeist activity and disembodied voices, which the NIDS crew dubbed "The Controllers". To quote George Knapp “The ranch presented a unique opportunity to study a rich tapestry of strange stuff. It was as if someone had ordered up the Weirdness Pizza With Everything on It." Top-notch scary campfire stories.

Now, just 'anomolies'. Sigh.

But wait...In last weeks episode, one of the original crew, Jay Stratton came back to discuss an incident from 2009, and it's a doozy. He and two other team members were walking the road leading up to Homestead 2, It was 11:30 PM. The moon was shining brightly. As they neared the old homestead ruins, they felt a sense of dread. The temperature dropped dramatically. A branch from a tree near the road was casting a shadow across the road. That shadow, according to Stratton, marked an invisible barrier. A wall that you could put your arm through and feel the cold air. Then they saw a very menacing shadow figure floating up in the second floor of the homestead. They dared not go further. They turned back.

Homestead 2 is even creepy in the daylight:

As dusk approaches:

The documentary 'Hunt for the Skinwalker' is free on the Crackle TV app and the Crackle website. It had it's moments, but I thought it was disappointing overall. (Just MHO.)

Some good stuff on this site:
The Bizarre History of Skinwalker Ranch

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. I read Knapp's book and the stories were quite remarkable but the more I think about it, the more I've come to the conclusion that they're just that...stories.

Let's be real here. If you were a media spokesperson (like Knapp) with access to broadcasting these tales to millions, don't you think it would totally consume your focus, day in and day out? Not Knapp apparently. Sure he coauthored a book and spend some time on the convention circuit. He was relatively quiet about it all until the show (current one) became a success.

I don't know about you but if I saw creatures that defied explanation, portals opening up in the middle of nowhere and otherworldly events as were described, I would be SHOUTING FROM THE ROOFTOPS. I would be spending every waking moment trying to document and get evidence, grabbing anyone's ear who would listen to me and spending A LOT of time at the source.

Not George and crew. Nope....they put out some books and videos and went about their day...

I do love a good story though

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Many of the skeptics agree with you, and for the exact reasons you mentioned. Knapp did say that in all honesty, he personally never experienced any of the weirdness that the others did.

Some of the investigators, including the physicists, and even Bigelow himself said that it became apparent that the "phenomenon" was in control.
The physicist that appeared in the "Hunt" documentary said the thing could anticipate their moves, and would 'mess with them' accordingly. Weird!

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I swear down, they should just nuke that whole place a thousand times. Make it a 100km square glass parking lot... then lets see them critters pop up!

a reply to: ColeYounger

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I think the nail in the coffin for me was seeing ads on Facebook from the History Channel offering a sweepstakes with the prize being a visit to Skinwalker Ranch for the lucky winner.

Now...follow me on this....if we've "witnessed" multiple people on the ranch experience medical distress and emergency events by simply "being there", why on God's green earth would a major media organization offer to host members of the public at that same exact location? It makes absolutely no sense

I really wish it were as advertised because I can tell you one thing, I'd know where I'd be planning my next vacation to

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Publicity.

Plus, who ever wins would have to sign a stack of legal papers releasing the owners, the network, the advertisers and everyone else on the planet, of any responsibility.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I wonder if the hundreds of crew members shooting the SKWR series ae feeling any ill effects from the entities there.

www.imdb.com...
edit on 15-6-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   
My favorite story was when they sat a chair in the pasture and George was going to spend the night, alone and in the dark. He said he was terrified! But the only thing that attacked him was Mosquitoes.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I wonder if the hundreds of crew members shooting the SKWR series ae feeling any ill effects from the entities there.

www.imdb.com...

Great question. Kind of along the lines of my question regarding whether in the hundreds of hours of second-unit drone footage, why they haven't mentioned any issues whilst flying over the supposed "hotspots" or near the invisible spaghetti-UFO in the triangle

new topics

top topics

join