It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dengue Outbreak in Peru Affects Thousands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   
nypost.com...

Peru’s worst dengue outbreak on record could intensify further as an El Niño climate phenomenon brings torrential rains and mosquitoes, driving the death toll this year past 200 with over 130,000 recorded cases, the health ministry said on Thursday.

I don't think most people consider Peru to be a 'third world' country but it has large areas of poverty that lack modern facilities.
very sad
hope it gets better.

anyone here with direct knowledge of?

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I know that ivermectin has been proven to be a good treatment for dengue, but thanks to a world wide conspiracy to prevent it from being used as a COVID treatment, a lot of manufacturing plants have been destroyed in the past few years.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I wonder if a combination of monolaurin and bromelain would work for dengue?

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.advancedhealing.com... This link has information I have researched to show benefits...NIH, and other medical research shows it does work on lyme disease if taken systemically. Not that high of a dose is required either. A couple of Pinna Colladas a day made from fresh pineapple and coconut for a week will work.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

since this is my backyard, it's worrying. I already had dengue in Mexico, but i don't know where to find dengivax so i on't get another srain that does me in

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

El Dengue is mosquito transmitted, it seems Peru have a problem with mosquitoes right now, Dengue attacks the nervous system and is very painful to the body.

I had it when I was 13 years old and is something you will never forget, your body actually turn into gelatin.

But is highly survivable and life goes on.

Treatment of choice back in the days was chicken soup and antibiotics even when it was a viral infection and not bacterial.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I read somewhere that Malaria and other mosquito-borne diseases are expanding
due to environmental fears of using DDT and other insecticides.

join