It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I-95 Bridge Collapse

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Bridge collapse on I-95 just north of center city Philadelphia.

Interstate 95 is the major highway along the east coast of the US running into Canada, Boston, Connecticut, New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC, Richmond, North and South Carolina, to Miami Florida.

The collapse was caused by a tanker truck that caught fire under an on-ramp.

Video footage from the scene showed a massive concrete slab had fallen from I-95 onto the road below in northeast Philadelphia. There were no immediate reports of injuries.

The northbound lanes of I-95 were gone, and the southbound lanes were “compromised” due to heat from the fire, said Derek Bowmer, battalion chief of the Philadelphia Fire Department. Runoff from the fire or perhaps broken gas lines were causing explosions underground, he added.

Mark Fusetti, a retired Philadelphia police sergeant, said he was driving south toward the city’s airport when he noticed thick plumes of black smoke rising over the highway. As he passed the fire, the road beneath began to “dip,” creating a noticeable depression that was visible in video he took of the scene, he said.

He saw traffic in his rearview mirror come to a halt. Soon after, the northbound lanes of the highway crumbled.

“It was crazy timing,” Fusetti said. “For it to buckle and collapse that quickly, it’s pretty remarkable.”

www.northjersey.com...

Locally there are large population centers north and south of downtown that commute back and forth.

Regionally it is only a 3-1/2 hour drive from NY to DC so there is a lot of daily commerce along that stretch. The entire highway runs along port cities.

edit on Sun Jun 11 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: added link

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BelleEpoque

Glad to hear nobody was killed.

Concrete and rebar get weak when they get hot, eh?

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

I guess there's not much you can do if your tanker carrying gasoline catches fire but what was a tanker carrying gasoline doing under the bridge.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Wow
That’s almost as bad as the eagles collapse in the Super Bowl.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   

expect cost of goods to go up and shortages. the more sh@@ that happens the more it looks planned, or maybe the beginnings of the Poxeclipse.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

West Coast ports are closed due to a labor walkout. That's been going over a week, and the ships are stacking up.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I guess there's not much you can do if your tanker carrying gasoline catches fire but what was a tanker carrying gasoline doing under the bridge.

just hazarding to guess but i would say getting on or off the interstate. might also might have been passing under the overpass to make a delivery.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

expect cost of goods to go up and shortages. the more sh@@ that happens the more it looks planned, or maybe the beginnings of the Poxeclipse.

I think like you.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Wow
That’s almost as bad as the eagles collapse in the Super Bowl.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Thanks for the video.
Glad no one was injured.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I think like you.

cool,

just saw your location did you drive there in a Chrysler that is as big as a whale.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Thanks for the video.
Glad no one was injured.

Amen

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

I live in Philly and yes.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelleEpoque

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Getting off the road is a smart idea, parking under the overpass is not. It sounds like the fire started after they parked and nowhere to go for at least a mile in a burning tanker.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   

hope you don't have to travel 95 very much, if they do road work up there like they do down here in florida a couple 3 4 years before it repaired.

hope you got's lots of jukebox money.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Driving. Hazmat loads aren’t restricted on the interstate, with a few exceptions.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The I-beams failed, you can see where they are not in alignment and the ends were shimmed.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bordon81
The I-beams failed, you can see where they are not in alignment and the ends were shimmed.

What would cause that?

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SigmaXSquared

He wasn’t parked under the overpass, there was an accident on a ramp and he ended up under the overpass because of it.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

That’s not fair.

That L goes to the defense. No sacks, no stops in the 2nd half no turnovers...

The Offense did enough to win.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join