It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had a very strange experience a few weeks back

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

We are in the process of getting rid of anything Samsung. We ditched the Refrigerator in 2021 and the 2014 bought TV in 2022. The only thing left is the Android "dumbphone"

The phone listens to you even though Bixby isn't activated. The camera malfunctions all the time. They remove apps that are aren't theirs such as ATT and install others without permission.

Freaking Koreans are baaaaaaaaaaaaaad
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
a reply to: ancientlight

what kind of tones? sine waves? square waves? a musical instrument?
I don't know for sure, but I would guess single musical tones.

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: therainmaker
I was a call firefighter for many years. Are you familiar with what fire toneouts sound like?

A two way radio in a vehicle can be wired to play audio through the siren speaker. You may have observed a fire or EMS vehicle with the siren control set to “radio rebroadcast” and the tones playing through the siren speaker. I can imagine it would sound strange if you aren’t used to it. It’s not a typical telephone DTMF sound.

Possibly this, but why would they do that ?

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fairtrade141
A truck playing loud tones. Like test tones?

Tow trucks and some emergency vehicles have what rhey call test tones to see if their sirens work. Now some people have inatalled these things in their cars just to harass people. I have one of those kinds of idiots living across from me currently. However instead of testing the PA with a test tone, he blares rap music.

However i have read about vibrational harassment and sound harassment.

If you start feeling unwell, you may be what theybcall a targeted individual.

a reply to: ancientlight

It sounded like 'test tones' or such yes, it was very strange. Never heard it before and not since.

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

originally posted by: therainmaker
I was a call firefighter for many years. Are you familiar with what fire toneouts sound like?

A two way radio in a vehicle can be wired to play audio through the siren speaker. You may have observed a fire or EMS vehicle with the siren control set to “radio rebroadcast” and the tones playing through the siren speaker. I can imagine it would sound strange if you aren’t used to it. It’s not a typical telephone DTMF sound.

Possibly this, but why would they do that ?

Any number of reasons, such as a medic needing to render aid when they can’t get back to their vehicle after conveying an acute patient update (such as the medic knowing they’d have to do one-person CPR and not able to answer the radio), an anticipated loud scene, establishing a command post with the vehicle radio monitoring dispatch while the person’s radio was used to convey updates to other units on another channel, etc

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA
a reply to: olaru12

My TV just wanted an update and asked me to accept their policies.

It gave me the option to allow it to record all of the audio going through my TV to improve how they advertise to me.

They threw this option in as the 3rd thing to check off after the T&C's and privacy policy, before the new update will work. When I didn't check it, I was asked 2 more times if I was sure. It's a Hisense TV and it sends it's customer's data to their headquarters in China.

My TV, upon startup today, already asked me if I wanted to turn on "enhanced viewing", and once again I had to tell it no.

Since I have cable and a Xbox, I don't need my TV to be connected to the internet, so I've disconnected it. Hopefully, it will stop asking to listen to what I'm watching.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join