It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my body telling me something my mind isn’t about this person?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ITSALIVE
a reply to: JAGStorm you should start with being honest about your feelings about this person to yourself. Sounds like you’ve got a little crush…

Of all things that are possible, that ain’t one of them. I’m a straight woman that likes tall men with dark hair and light eyes ie, my husband.

This lady is short and plump and not to be mean, but not the most attractive, so if I did jump sides, that would not be my look of choice.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

So, I realize that I'm approaching this from an entirely different angle, but next time it happens, try to find out if it is maybe your friend who isn't feeling well? When you say you feel nausea when you are around her, maybe it is her who has problems with her stomach? or migraines?

This is not something I considered but very possible…

She is a person that always helps, but never asks for help. She grew up in a large family with many siblings.
I wonder if she is unable to ask for help and is just suffering.
I love your suggestion and will think more about it…

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar Yes, I was thinking her friend could be a narccisist or such.

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

4 Reasons Why Empaths Get Sick When Around Certain People

Link

Did you ever feel like you had a hangover after an evening out with friends, but weren’t actually drinking alcohol?

Or have you had a brief conversation with someone, only to feel pains or physical symptoms in certain body parts?

Have you ever wondered why this might happen?

There are a number of reasons that could be causing these reactions, but here we will look at the most common causes for Empaths to get sick after being in the presence of certain individuals.

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I have a good friend.

From all accounts this person is great friend. She remembers important dates. She is kind, polite, caring.
She is a fun person to hang with. We have a lot in common. There is never ever any drama. There is no weird competition etc.
So what’s the problem you ask…….?

Ok, this is where it gets weird.
Every single time I’m around this person, I get physically ill. Every_darn_time.
It’s not just one kind of sick either, we are talking gastro distress, dizziness, migraine, you name it.
The other part, I feel instantly better immediately after. What gives?

Just to note, there is nothing anxiety inducing about this person. We are at the same social, and economic level. We have known each other for a long time. Nothing mentally that I can think of that would cause this feeling.

So, black magic, is she a witch, do our auras not jive? Anything else you can think of?

True story...

During my time in 5th grade, I would experience intense sick feelings whenever a particular girl boarded the bus I rode. Every day, as the bus approached her house, I would feel a growing sense of unease. Once she stepped onto the bus, it felt as though a powerful forcefield was pressing down on me, making me physically uncomfortable. This continued until I reached high school and finally had my own car. : P

As I sat on the bus day after day, I couldn't help but wonder why I felt this way.

Eventually, during my senior year, she turned out to be my stalker. Surprisingly, years later, we ended up getting married.

I've encountered similar situations throughout my life, and in a way, it's like having a Spidey sense.

It has profoundly changed my perspective of the world.

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Eventually, during my senior year, she turned out to be my stalker. Surprisingly, years later, we ended up getting married.

That took a surprising turn!

I will say this friend has an UNcanny memory of things I've told her... things I myself had forgotten!

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 10:50 PM
link   

a reply to: imitator

That took a surprising turn!

I will say this friend has an UNcanny memory of things I've told her... things I myself had forgotten!

It's those green eyes Jagstorm , beware, anyone who gets on her bad side has a bad turn of luck .

I bet her bloodline comes from the middle east

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I wonder why you have maintained a close friendship for a long time with someone who makes you feel so sick? Is there more to the story?

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Try the "BLIND TEST"
Walk past her with a hoodie on your head
So you dont look like you
No eye contact
No heads up or knowledge of your presence
Stop close by her
tie you shoe or something like that
To get a moment of proximity
Then keep on stepping
Immediately you'll figure it out
All by yourself

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: IceCreamManDelbrot

I wonder why you have maintained a close friendship for a long time with someone who makes you feel so sick? Is there more to the story?

When we first met we were always with a group of people.
A few years later we were together at an event but were volunteering together (also a lot of people) thinking back, I was also feeling very off at that time. I chalked it up to super hot weather and other things.

Then as we became closer we would go on mom outings together. I first noticed it when we went shopping together.
I was so sick. I again chalked it up to just feeling off. Then we had brunch, same thing. Then again.
Maybe when you are friends with someone you really don’t want to see the negative. On the surface just like I said she is a good friend, but obviously there is something much deeper where my core does not want me near this person. I had never experienced anything like this before.

This last time, it was brunch again, same thing. I really didn’t put it all together until the last 2 or 3 times, when it was so obvious it was not outside influences (weather, or feeling ill beforehand, etc.)

I just want to throw a monkey wrench in here too…. This person has had cancer in the past. As someone mentioned is it possible I am empathetically picking up sickness from her?
That would be weird though because my own parents were very very sick and I was very close to them and did not pick it up in the same way!

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Perhaps a difference in treatment?
If she is taking any kind of chemotherapy, radiation sickness can effect other people. Though I will admit it is usually after prolonged direct contact, or with body fluids. But if you are sensitive it could be worth consideration?

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: datguy

Perhaps a difference in treatment?
If she is taking any kind of chemotherapy, radiation sickness can effect other people. Though I will admit it is usually after prolonged direct contact, or with body fluids. But if you are sensitive it could be worth consideration?

No she is fine now.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ITSALIVE
a reply to: JAGStorm you should start with being honest about your feelings about this person to yourself. Sounds like you’ve got a little crush…

Of all things that are possible, that ain’t one of them. I’m a straight woman that likes tall men with dark hair and light eyes ie, my husband.

This lady is short and plump and not to be mean, but not the most attractive, so if I did jump sides, that would not be my look of choice.
If you say so.

Attraction does not have to be based on a choice of look as you say, and perhaps the rejection of it being possible only illuminates how you are being dishonest with yourself. You speak very highly, almost lovingly about this friends qualities

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ITSALIVE

Attraction does not have to be based on a choice of look as you say, and perhaps the rejection of it being possible only illuminates how you are being dishonest with yourself. You speak very highly, almost lovingly about this friends qualities

Sorry to ruin any lesbian fantasies that you are incorrectly assuming. I have many, many, seriously a lot of acquaintances because I have lived in a lot of places, but I only have a few people that I consider very good friends. She is one of them. For those that I consider friends, I put them in a family like category, not romantic.

I do speak highly of her because I’ve known her a long time and she helped me greatly when my parents died (in a motherly or sisterly way) and a few other events… On the surface she is an amazing friend. That’s why it is so confusing that I’m getting ill. I know there are forces in this world we can’t see and don’t understand. I am very attuned to those things. When you are scared the hairs on the back of your neck go up.

Unfortunately, even though I like to see the silver lining, I don’t think it’s good in this case.

Back to that help…
When some seriously bad things happened to me, she was there. A question comes to mind. Was she there to help, or to enjoy seeing me in sorrow?

Something else stood out.

There was a person that she couldn’t stand, said this person was the biggest jerkin the whole world. I don’t know that person well, but every encounter with that person has been nothing but positive!..hmmmm

edit on 12-6-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join