It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cornel West announces US presidential campaign with the People’s party

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MrInquisitive
Better than quoting some anonymous joe on the inter webs.
And I would definitely trust vox about democrat politics much more than you.

www.latimes.com...

Yes, Biden is governing as a progressive. But that shouldn’t surprise you

Oops

They’re right on one count: Biden is pushing an ambitious progressive program while making it sound, well, moderate.

Lol

But their charge of false advertising is bogus. Biden never concealed his big-government goals; they were all in plain sight in his platform.

Yep

But surely they noticed when former President Obama released a video last year praising Biden for “the most progressive platform of any major party nominee in history.”

Even the big O says you are full of beans.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Dr West was featured on Maher all the time it seems. I enjoyed hearing him speak about various topics. Best of luck to him

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Better than quoting some anonymous joe on the inter webs.
And I would definitely trust vox about democrat politics much more than you.

www.latimes.com...

Yes, Biden is governing as a progressive. But that shouldn’t surprise you

Oops

They’re right on one count: Biden is pushing an ambitious progressive program while making it sound, well, moderate.

Lol

But their charge of false advertising is bogus. Biden never concealed his big-government goals; they were all in plain sight in his platform.

Yep

But surely they noticed when former President Obama released a video last year praising Biden for “the most progressive platform of any major party nominee in history.”

Even the big O says you are full of beans.

I really don't care what the big O has to say. He was not much of a progressive, and claiming Biden has the most progressive platform of any major party nominee in history is patently false. Try Teddy Roosevelt, FDR or LBJ.

The article you cite claims he had big plans regarding climate change. I and the rest of my progressive friends have yet to see jack on this account. As I previously wrote, Biden's nuclear weapon policy is status quo. As for infrastructure, wasn't that something that Trump was always talking about? Every week seemed to be infrastructure week during a period of the Trump administration. So the columnist you cite is claiming things to be progressive in nature, which aren't. Just because a middle-of-road/centrist columnist says something doesn't make it true.

Is Biden's administration relatively progressive to the previous four or five administrations? Sure. But that doesn't mean the WH or the government in general is progressive controlled. Anyone claiming Biden is a progressive rather than an establishment Democratic doesn't know what they're talking about. Again, ask actual progressives whether Biden and his administration are progressives. Few would say yes.

Keep in mind also that the article you cite is from May 16, 2021, early in Biden's administration. Find a current article saying that Biden has governed incredibly progressively. Remember Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema and their blocking Biden's and the Democrat's legislative agenda when the Democrats held both houses of congress? Those two centrist and corporatist senators were deciding Democratic legislative policy. That is not progressives having power.
edit on 8-6-2023 by MrInquisitive because: added an additional final paragraph

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Lol
Your opinion on Democratic Party politics < the big O.

Like your gas stove keep your gas stove, right?

Lolololololol

Sell your easily debunked bull crap elsewhere, your poorly constructed misinformation has no more power here.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 09:58 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see how mr west views the evidence against president Biden.

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Lol
Your opinion on Democratic Party politics < the big O.

Like your gas stove keep your gas stove, right?

Lolololololol

Sell your easily debunked bull crap elsewhere, your poorly constructed misinformation has no more power here.

Good one with the gas stove bit.

FACT FOCUS: Biden administration isn’t banning gas stoves

Never mind also that Biden green-lighted oil drilling in the western Arctic and has outpaced Trump in doling out drilling permits.

Biden Administration Oil, Gas Drilling Approvals Outpace Trump’s

No, progressives aren't in favor of this energy policy.

You were the one referring to Obama as the big-O, so I just did the same. Have no idea what that quip of yours about my opinion on Democratic Party politics means. But am impressed that you used the word "Democratic" properly unlike just about all GOP politicians, who use "Democrat" as an adjective.

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Look the doe is the one that put forth a new regulation that would ban gas stoves.
You can play the bs source game all you like, doesn’t change the fact that the administration is again using an executive branch agency when they can’t get the progressive legislation passed.
Like your doctor keep your doctor.
That guy called Biden

“the most progressive platform of any major party nominee in history.”

As he is ultra progressive I don’t disagree with his assessment.

Frankly I no longer care about yours.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join