It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Spies Attempt to Access US Military Bases in Alaska

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 04:48 PM
link   

"Many of the encounters have been chalked up to innocent mistakes by foreign visitors intent on viewing the Northern Lights and other attractions in Alaska, officials say. Other attempts to enter U.S. military bases, however, seem to be probes to learn about U.S. military capabilities in Alaska, according to multiple soldiers familiar with the incidents but who were not authorized to speak publicly about them,” the newspaper reported.

Not everyone who appear to be tourists in Alaska, are, in fact tourists, one Army officer told the newspaper. Instead, they are foreign spies.

not surprised. Beijing is using a number of fairly inexpensive ploys and gadgets to collect intel.
I bet some of their guys are flying drones and quads around, taking pics.

a few years ago they caught a Chinese agronomist stealing freshly-planted corn.

so is this amusing? alarming?
does the USA shrug it off? retaliate?
anyone with personal info on?

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 05:03 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I get mocked by some for saying this, but out of those myriad Chinese-owned Chinese restaurants scattered across small towns all over the united States, many of them have to be run by sleeper cells.

Somebody said that this could not be true because they knew the owners of one and they spoke well of the United States and capitalism. I'm thinking, 'You expect them to name their restaurant 'Sleeper Cell Inn?'

Seriously, why would the PRC allowed so many to leave China to flee to capitalist United States to live the American dream?
:
edit on 2023 5 31 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
I get mocked by some for saying this, but out of those myriad Chinese-owned Chinese restaurants scattered across small towns all over the united States, many of them have to be run by sleeper cells.

Somebody said that this could not be true because they knew the owners of one and they spoke well of the United States and capitalism. I'm thinking, 'You expect them to name their restaurant 'Sleeper Cell Inn?'

Seriously, why would the PRC allowed so many to leave China to flee to capitalist United States to live the American dream?
:

I wouldn't doubt for a moment that there are at least a few out there.

I'd be worried about the ones that still have family in China. One day Comrade Chin shows up and shows the restaurant owner a family pic and requests his 'cooperation'...

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
Other attempts to enter U.S. military bases, however, seem to be probes to learn about U.S. military capabilities in Alaska

That's exactly what I would expect the Chinese to do but a military base is the last place I would go sniffing around. MP's don't mess around. I hope they fine each and every idiot, regardless of where they're from, that says they're just "looking at the Northern Lights". In fact, they should put those people in a cell for a few days off-base somewhere.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 05:44 PM
link   

:

Their food does look the same no matter which Chinese restaurant you go to... All stocked directly by the same supplier: the CCP

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero
The US is doing in Asia by expanding NATO to Japan.

edit on 31-5-2023 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
so is this amusing? alarming?
does the USA shrug it off? retaliate?
anyone with personal info on?

It is alarming, but it is also sad.

It's sad because it shows that oppressive regimes stifle creativity. So not only free expression and free thought, but with that creativity becomes a casualty. Stealing freshly planted corn? Can they not figure anything out on their own?

Their entire economy is built on ideas and intellectual property stolen from other nations. Just imagine if other nations cut off all access to China and stepped up measures to prevent IP theft. They'd be decades behind.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Maybe shooting first and asking questions later will deter these clowns.
It’s military bases for god’s sake.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 07:33 PM
link   

And not just Military bases...even Mar A Largo.

www.businessinsider.com...

And another one...

www.miamiherald.com...

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 31-5-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   

:

Thousands are landlords in California, in places that are so expensive to buy, the neighbors question how these peasant looking folks got their money.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The information about spies was supplied by a confidential source who was not authorized to talk about it… 🤔😬
edit on 5/31/2023 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Stuff like that worked well for the Japanese before WWII. Makes you wonder what’s in store this time around.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 09:25 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 09:56 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

:

Thousands are landlords in California, in places that are so expensive to buy, the neighbors question how these peasant looking folks got their money.

From.the CCP / PRC?

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

:

From the CCP / PRC?

natural allies?

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The plan is a coordinated attack on the US and China will cull off Alaska. When it get's to the UN they will claim payment of our debt we owe them.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 11:16 PM
link   
A lot people did not grow up watching Red Dawn....

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   

:

I don't know about sleeper cells. But a lot of those China buffets are really owned buy people back in china. Most of the money is funneled back to those people in China. From what I have seen it is not the CCP but Chinese mafia like people.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join