It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas House Recommends Impeachment for Ken Paxton

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton is... someone you probably don't want to trust with your spouse, your bank account, your stock market, your kids, or your government. According to those who have worked directly for him, you don't want him as your boss, either. Or handling secret documents.

We've (Democrats) been trying to vote him out for years based on his activities but the Republican base keeps voting him in.

Now, apparently, they've had their fill of this ...person.

Yay?

On Thursday afternoon the Texas House Committee on General Investigating recommended impeachment for sitting Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton in a shockingly fast turn of events for the embattled Republican leader.

The recommendation was unanimous on the part of the four-person investigatory panel, according to The Dallas Morning News' Lauren McGaughy

Ken Paxton came into Thursday's proceedings facing the possibility of an impeachment recommendation. A House Committee heard testimony from investigators Wednesday that unveiled the state's top lawyer used his office to provide confidential FBI documents to his friend and campaign donor Nate Paul.
Source

They investigated him for using over $3 million in funds to settle a lawsuit where he was accused of firing people who reported him for his possibly illegal activities.

They should have done this YEARS ago and replaced him, but he has strong ties in the Republican party; ties that are strong enough to keep him in place in spite of his legal problems.

Paxton's response to this was that the Republican investigating committee was actually made up of Democrats... in spite of the fact that the committee members are actually well-known Republicans.

Wikipedia on the ... man

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I watched that video of him from the other day.
And from everything I have read, this guy is no good.
Some people man.....
Also glad I don't live in Texas.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I watched that video of him from the other day.
And from everything I have read, this guy is no good.
Some people man.....
Also glad I don't live in Texas.

He's really awful. My brother-in-law worked for him directly and although he wasn't a whistleblower, he truly despised Paxton. I've heard tales...

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 05:49 PM
link   
There is one other aspect of this story that I think should be mentioned. This decision was made just days after Paxton publicly called for Speaker Dade Phelan to resign for being intoxicated on the House floor.

Granted, Phelan claims that Paxton only made his claims because he knew he was being investigated.

The Texas GOP ladies & gentlemen!

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Imagine how big of a dirt bag that guy must be for Texas Republicans to recommend impeachment. All I can say is it's about damn time; Paxtons as crooked as his right eye.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
They should have done this YEARS ago and replaced him, but he has strong ties in the Republican party; ties that are strong enough to keep him in place in spite of his legal problems.

Yep, it's called cronyism. And it runs deep.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It still has to pass Senate Trial, where his power reigns.

Truthfully, with how democrats have thrown in the towel with Woke ideology, I'm totally resisting any and all attempts to remove Ken.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Imagine how big of a dirt bag that guy must be for Texas Republicans to recommend impeachment. All I can say is it's about damn time; Paxtons as crooked as his right eye.
It was a committee in the House based off a FOUR PERSON panel.

It still has to go to Senate.

Don't get your hopes up bro 😂

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Yes, a 4 person panel as it said in the article.

It'd take a 2/3 majority to kick him out of office, though, and as you indicated I'm not sure that will happen. I really wish the Republicans would step up and toss him out for good.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Honestly?

I hope they keep him.

It's worthless to cry about scandals and crimes and malfeasance when the same people DEFEND the president for allegations of the same. Even the whistle-blowers with proof are punished.

Justice is dead in our country.

Let it burn.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Honestly?

I hope they keep him.

It's worthless to cry about scandals and crimes and malfeasance when the same people DEFEND the president for allegations of the same. Even the whistle-blowers with proof are punished.

Let it burn.

My vote for 2024

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Yeah, I live in Texas, you think I didn't know that? It is what it is....and I have doubts it comes to frustration. Do you have an opinion on his shi+tinesss as a human being or are you just here to try and correct the record? Here's a bet... if he survives his impeachment, he won't survive his reelection.

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The House voted to impeach Paxton 121-23. Now onto the Senate.

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Has been, for a while. And I totally agree, you can't pick and choose which crimes to punish. Either punish Paxton and Biden or neither.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Honestly?

I hope they keep him.

Let it burn.

Yeah, nihilism is such a productive philosophy. Why bother trying to achieve justice in a case worthy of it, and when it is attainable, when instead you can just say, "burn, baby, burn!" and "there's all this other corruption, so why bother?"

And sure, as another poster writes, the world is going to hell in a hand basket (my words), but I prefer that the vast majority of animal life, including humans is wiped off the face of the earth, particularly my own and family and friends'.

To paraphrase Mike Tyson: nihilism sounds good until you are looking death and catastrophe (or even global annihilation) in the face.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I will get behind your calls for his impeachment when you get behind holding those accountable for what was illegally done to candidate trump by the fbi, doj, ect.

Justice should be equal, not partisan based.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Honestly?

I hope they keep him.

Let it burn.

Watching these one sided calls for justice is amusing imo.
Holder,Learner,Comey none of them are held to account, or even called for such by any of their partisans.
Some podunk state official that stands up to the Fed to protect Fed over reach, yeah burn that guy.

The guy is on the right side of the vaccine mandate crap and the border crap and the epa.
Wonder if that has anything to do with this?

edit on 29/5/2023 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Does a state Attorney General have much power/authority? You never hear about them unless one does something really great or really dumb.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
I will get behind your calls for his impeachment when you get behind holding those accountable for what was illegally done to candidate trump by the fbi, doj, ect.

Justice should be equal, not partisan based.

Clearly in Texas it is not partisan based. Voting 121-23 in the Texas House is clearly a bi-partisan effort.

Besides a couple of hinky FISA warrant applications by the FBI, nothing was done illegally to Trump (yes, I've looked at the Durham report and am aware of its one minor legal success). There was evidence enough without the Steele dossier or said FISA warrants to warrant an investigation of Trump's campaign, and once he fired Comey, there was reason to investigate Trump directly as well, which was done only then.
edit on 29-5-2023 by MrInquisitive because: Added a 2nd sentence to first para.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrInquisitive

Honestly?

I hope they keep him.

Let it burn.

Yeah, nihilism is such a productive philosophy. Why bother trying to achieve justice in a case worthy of it, and when it is attainable, when instead you can just say, "burn, baby, burn!" and "there's all this other corruption, so why bother?"

And sure, as another poster writes, the world is going to hell in a hand basket (my words), but I prefer that the vast majority of animal life, including humans is wiped off the face of the earth, particularly my own and family and friends'.

To paraphrase Mike Tyson: nihilism sounds good until you are looking death and catastrophe (or even global annihilation) in the face.

It's not justice when it only applies to a specific ideology.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join