It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it me, or does Zelensky seem like a TV evangelist.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Surely your comprehension skills are better then they appear? That comment was made in regards to what the posters countrymen allow their government to do rather then the amount of Jew in Zelinski or his coat of arms.

My comprehension skills are second to none.

The poster said he was disgusted by Zelensky's Jewish heritage and the fact he has a coat of arms. How is this important, I don't know? But you have jumped in and tried to reinterpret what he said, when it's quite clear. Your angle is to suggest he meant something different to what he wrote.

I recall when the Russian's started their invasion, and the Russian-led propagandists were in overdrive, helped by comments made by the Russian Foreign Minister (Lavrov). There were attempts to tar Zelensky with the "Jewish" brush. The familiar old antisemitic tropes.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: SmilinArt

Zelensky didnt just shut down all Russian opposition in Kiev parliament but even the moderates who are pro Euporean but not pro EU.

Yeah, it's terrible what he's done. It's like Abraham Lincoln suspending habeas corpus and kicking the congressmen from the Confederates out of Congress during the US civil war. I'm guessing that the Zelensky haters would likely have been Lincoln haters back in the day, and possibly even Jefferson Davis lovers except for the fact that he was a cross dresser.

Zelensky took these actions with the consent of the Ukrainian parliament during an extensional war. I also wonder if these outlawed parties would be so pro-Russia or pro-neutrality after what Russia has done to Ukraine. Bombing civilians and destroying cities, towns and villages tends to turn the people against an invading country.

And Putin hasn't done anything against political opposition in Russia for years now has he? Even though his country has not been in an existential war at all during this time.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
I think it’s just you .
And as others have stated, he’s a bit of a rock star now.
Fearless, with small conference tables.

What would you do if your country was invaded?
Lie down and die? Or fight back?

He knows he has support, but part of the gig is making sure no one forgets that Putin is a desperate old man.
So he travels, to be seen and to personally negotiate aid.

Also.
Have you ever seen any Monty Python sketches?

He was already very anti-Russian (and their power circle) since he got in power and was very hostile to pro russians regions (which Putin attacked as a result) in his own country killing thousands of them (so he killed his own Urkainian people because they are pro Russia!. The US giving them all the weapons he needed before Russia even took action and the US already said back then he would get all the US support/weapons! and so with US backing got tough enough to heighten tensions with Russia.

His power circle even puts anyone who is critical on his regime on a kill list like this youtuber:

So anyone could get on that kill list when you are critical about Ukraine (those in power), maybe even me giving my opinion?

And just leaked:
Hungary outraged
Zelensky proposed at a February meeting with Deputy Prime Minister Yuliya Svyrydenko that Ukraine should blow up the pipeline in order to incapacitate the part of the Hungarian energy infrastructure reliant on Russian oil.

So he wanted to blow up an oil pipeline in Hungary (Nato member) because Hungary isn't critical enough and still accepts Russian cheap oil/gas.

Just a few examples.

Anyways it's worth it fighting until the last Ukrainian male willing (or forced) to fight and die in the end?? or he's more like a butcher of his own people, where he just always is safe and getting rich.

Anyways I wouldn't trust him giving 1 dollar..
edit on 17-5-2023 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith
a reply to: MrInquisitive

I don’t recall Churchill pandering fir dollars. As far as I know, the English forces built wooden muck upshot tanks, planes to make their forces appear more than they were.

Look at how many of Zelenskys party have committed fraud!

Can’t recall trump, Reagan being accused of corruption, stealing money.

Also it has been proven that Zelensky has been selling gifted items in the dark web black market.

Question is where are the funds going, he has been gifted funds of a gdp of a medium sized nation.

Can you provide a finance report of where the funds are being spent.

And an asset list.

Until this is audited, i as many others are assuming massive misappropriation.

Apparently you don't recall or never learned about Lend-Lease, in which the US gave the UK -- and the Soviet Union for that matter -- much war material. You think Churchill didn't ask for this aid??? Churchill, like Zelensky, came to the US and addressed congress, specifically pandering for aid, so yes, I know he did so for a fact.

Trump has most certainly been accused of corruption, including breaking the Emoluments Clause of the US constitution. Trying to coerce Ukraine into a ginned-up investigation of his main political rivals son in return for military aid -- yeah, that's corruption too. Then there is the misuse of campaign funds and other donated funds for Trump's inauguration, which have never been accounted for -- to the tune of $107 million dollars. The Trump DOJ never investigated any of this. Go figure.

As for Regan, ever hear of the Iran-Contra scandal? It was kind of a big deal during his second term as president. Also just try googling "Reagan administration scandals". There's a long list of them at Wikipedia, but there are plenty of other search results detailing them as well.

Googling your phrase "Zelensky has been selling gifted items in the dark web black market" I found articles about dark web sites selling alleged Western weapons sent to Ukraine, but nothing linking linking Zelensky to it. Sure, there is corruption in Ukraine, and no doubt there is stealing and selling of some of the military equipment given to Ukraine; however, the Ukrainian military does seem to put a lot of it to good use nonetheless.

Did you know that during WWII, after the Allied invasion of France, that over half the estimated supply of jerry cans filled with gasoline were sold on the black market to the French citizenry, and this severely affected the Allies' progress in their race across France? Black markets are a fact of life during war. Trying to minimize it is what counts, and from what I have read, the Zelensky government is trying to fight corruption. After all, they're well aware of what corruption has done to the Russian military's fighting capability.

A fairly small proportion of war aid to Ukraine has been direct financial aid, rather most of it has been material. No, I can't supply you with inventory figures of equipment or finance report of money donated by the US or other countries, but as I said, it seems to be helping a lot; to wit, Ukraine has fought Russia to a stand still, and is now shooting down Russia's vaunted hypersonic missiles with the Patriot missile system, not to mention knocking most other Russian missiles and attack drones before they reach their target.

Does some of the aid go missing? No doubt. Am curious, however, whether you questioned the details of US costs during the two Iraqi wars and the one in Afghanistan, including the pallets of $10 billion cash sent to Iraq that went unaccounted for. This crap happens during wars, and I'm not defending it, but claiming a country in an existential war against a much larger bullying neighbor who is also one of the two major adversaries of the US, is grossly misusing the aid given to them also seems a stretch. The amount of aid given by the US so far, about $70 billion over nearly a year and a half equals less than 10 percent of the annual US defense budget. You think the US defense budget doesn't have at least 10 percent waste/misuse/corruption? I think it does. The fact that were donating predominantly older stocks of equipment to wear down our belligerent adversary in Europe is a good deal.

But you and like minded individuals can go one assuming massive misappropriation of money and material without concrete evidence. I and like-minded people can go on assuming that you and your Ukraine/Zelensky detractors are agents of Russia until we find concrete evidence proving otherwise. See how that works?

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I am not an agent of Russia, my grandfather was Ukrainian, fought in World War Two against the germans in the Russian forces.

If he were alive I’d be curious on what he says.

I myself an aboriginal and have had family stolen in the stolen generation.

So I have seen both sides.

I have reached the stage now where I don’t give a s h i t any more.

This world has become a crap place to live.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pluginn
He was already very anti-Russian (and their power circle) since he got in power and was very hostile to pro russians regions (which Putin attacked as a result) in his own country killing thousands of them (so he killed his own Urkainian people because they are pro Russia!.

Um, no regions were pro-Russian until Russia fomented separatism, including providing practical support, logistics, arms and people on the ground - some of whom shoot down airliners then run back into Russia (recall MH17). The ensuing armed conflict depopulated places like the Donbas, as millions fled. If they are pro-Russian now, it is because the only people left are Russians or Ukrainians who want to be Russian.

Ukrainian actions against the separatists may well be described as Ukrainian versus Ukrainian, but this is an internal problem for Ukrainians to resolve, and would never have happened had Russia not started to interfere in 2013/4.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I don’t recall Churchill pandering fir dollars. As far as I know, the English forces built wooden muck upshot tanks, planes to make their forces appear more than they were.

It's worth reading a history book on WW2 then as the UK only paid off our WW2 debt to the US a decade or so ago. We borrowed over £20Bn during WW2 (I guess would be around £1Tn in today's money) and had millions of troops from the Commonwealth.

I doubt there's any country or leader in history that hasn't begged allies for money, troops and weapons when under invasion or at war. It would be crazy not to as it's essential to avoid losing.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AllAnIllusion

It's a parody. This doesn't mean anything. It's comedy. I think we still have such a thing in the US. Now much of it but we still have it.

Comedy... Cause you need it.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
The question is... is he still smoking pot?

Neither here nor there.

Do you drink? You know the vast majority of the US politicians are raging alcoholics? I'd rather hang out and have a conversation with a pothead than a drunk.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I am not an agent of Russia, my grandfather was Ukrainian, fought in World War Two against the germans in the Russian forces.

If he were alive I’d be curious on what he says.

I myself an aboriginal and have had family stolen in the stolen generation.

So I have seen both sides.

I have reached the stage now where I don’t give a s h i t any more.

This world has become a crap place to live.

I really wasn't implying that you were. My point was that you said you are just going to go ahead and assume massive misappropriation of money and material, so I was making the point that I could just as easily assume you're a Russian bot or Putin sympathizer. That's what happens when a person starts believing something without credible evidence.

I accept what you say your family heritage is, and didn't mean to slight you.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Some more truth & peace!! seekers, really good persons added to the Myrotvorets kill list maintained by Ukraine's Interior Ministry, everything smoked under the clouds of Russia = Bad, where people only see Russia = bad and this war was unprovoked and so on.

edit on 19-5-2023 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

Some more for you:

www.themoscowtimes.com...

edit on 19-5-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

Russia places ICC prosecutor on it's wanted list.

Peace and truth, man.
edit on 19-5-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Some more for you:

www.themoscowtimes.com...

Russia places ICC prosecutor on it's wanted list.

Peace and truth, man.

Lol the US did place sanctions and threats on persons on the ICC as well and this is more a reaction from Putin from the west on him. Why not Bush and Blair for example with the same treatment, and this war between Russia and Ukraine is more understandable then that war in the Middle East, based on lies; weapons of mass destruction where millions? died and tens of millions fled their country to mostly Europe? And still risk their lives coming here on boats where those country's made hell to live, a war for over 20 years?

But now after Ukraine just put more weapons now in Taiwan, 80km from mainland China, good business, the US needs war always, why did the US ingnited and supported a regime change in Ukraine (far away?!) Why they all went hell happy when it happened, where we had political western figures giving speeches in Ukraine after? I knew right then as with right after 9-11 this leads only to conflict. People happily supported the wars after 9-11, feeling patriotic, and when France didn't supported it FRANCE = BAD (fries)!

With the same logic governments should cheer and support an outside engineered coup for example engineered by China in Ireland? Where they give nice speeches after and giving them all the weapons and support against well in this case against England when they where still on high tensions with Ireland?

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   

"But now after Ukraine just put more weapons now in Taiwan, 80km from mainland China, good business, ..."

They did?

When?

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   

"But now after Ukraine just put more weapons now in Taiwan, 80km from mainland China, good business, ..."

They did?

When?

Serious?, this is most recent 1:
www.nbcnews.com...

But believe me the US want's conflict (cia and the weapons industry and such), they want basically (find it with google, I try if you can't find it) as they said to bomb those chip factory's in Taiwan with their wordings; China must not have control over chip production. Taiwan stupid enough thinking they are safe with US support as with Ukraine. Holland for example supported US sanctions since Holland got tech about machines how to make the smalles chips followed US sanctions where they ain't allowed to sell those machines to China, before and now countless of sanctions against China.
So the US wants world wide chip production domination basiclly and trying to make China weak with sanctions as well.

The US is just BROKE as countless of people are or near broke over there, when their would be no war, their most important industry left bar none it would have felt of the cliff way before.. after 9-11 endless war is basically needed but now many country's want to get rid of the dollar for trade, no wonder.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   

But you said "Ukraine"?

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 12:24 PM
link   

But you said "Ukraine"?

No I said: "But now after Ukraine just put more weapons now in Taiwan'' After Ukraine they try the same thing in Taiwan basically, but no change of government is needed over there but they giving them all the support and weapons to rise tensions with China, yes. And my bet is they hope China takes action, then they can put the same sanctions on China as against now Russia and destroy the chip industry in Taiwan.

Europe is already made weaker with access to cheap energy and such.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Not really sure what you are saying?

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Not really sure what you are saying?

That the US wanted conflict with Russia over Ukraine and also with China over Taiwan, get it?

Because they are broke (trying to maintain their power/dominance) and only war is a savior! But really in truth only will speeds up their downfall, at least lets hope it doesn't end in ww3/nukes. Russia was stupid enough in their pride, China is way more cautious.. China will think it 10 times over before taking action compared with Russia/Putin. But other country's woke up with Russia, how the US would behave, where many now wan't a new world order, no more dollars for world trade.[

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Sort of.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join