It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrage Grows Over Vets Evicted From New York Hotels To House Migrants

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 13 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Democrats seem more than happy to boot out veterans so that they can house migrants. Mayor Eric Adams is bussing them out to Orange county.

This should not happen. These men and women served their nation, the migrants did not and most of these Democrat politicians who are causing this did not either.

“These veterans served their country, taking an oath to put themselves in harm’s way if need be,” said David R. Riley Sr., American Legion Department of New York commander. “They deserve better. We owe them. Our country, our state, our citizens owe them.

nypost.com...

The 20 homeless veterans who were evicted from Orange County hotels this week to make way for a group of migrants are shaken — but soldiering on, a spokeswoman for the group told The Post Saturday.

“We are trying to regain their trust,” said Sharon Toney-Finch, CEO of the Yerik Israel Toney Foundation and herself a disabled veteran. “They are very upset because of how they have been replaced and we are, too.”

Local leaders were quick to condemn the eviction from three hotels in Newburgh and Middletown, which was first revealed by The Post Saturday.

The veterans, who were kicked out of the hotels, about 60 miles north of the Big Apple, were scheduled to stay for a month until permanent housing could be found for them, Toney-Finch said.

The vets were about two weeks into their hotel stays when they got the boot, she said

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   
dbl
edit on 600000033America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

link   
This is no longer news. It's just SSDD. Sad, huh?

I think all the politicians with multiple homes should use their vacant ones to host migrants. I bet the have lots of extra room in their primary residence to house a few dozen, too.
edit on 600000033America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: eta

link   
a reply to: infolurker

What a slap in the face! I wonder if these vets were chosen on purpose. I remember how vets were treated by the left when they returned from Viet Nam back when there was a draft and if you didn't leave the country or figured out how to flunk the physical, you could face PRISON if you didn't go. So it's not like vets have always had a choice to go to war. But they have never been treated well by the left that I can remember.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

The Level of Vindictiveness of that is Beyond Reproach . Such Vial Creatures.........

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   
No vets should be homeless. TBH I think every combat Veteran should never have to ever pay any taxes ever. They fought for their country and then the Goverment wants part of their income? Hell No!

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Pretty gross to kick homeless vets out.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This defies description. It makes me sick.

I would really like to see the left-leaners here defend this. Evicting veterans in favor of illegals (vote harvesting in the worst way)

I won't hold my breath on that one... but it would be nice to see how the average dem-in-the-street defends this sort of vile treachery.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Welcome to the NEW LEFT order..

Where down is up, right is left,
the upside down!
Your soldiers get spit on
and lashed for their service
even the one with lost limbs,
eyes, ears and lives..

This has to stop!

They can't afford to keep the vets housed
and fed, but there is money for
UKRAINE ILLEGALS and REPARATIONS..

That is the NEW LEFT order...
One big joke.
ONE big gaslight !!
It is all they have left!!

S N F op S N F !

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Another merciless BAMN operation 😬

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Aren't these some of the same people who want to give citizenship to people who will serve? Isn't that a leftist thing?

So wouldn't that be saying to these people, "Here. We roll out the red carpet to you, but as soon as you lift a finger to value this place, we treat you like everyone else who cares about it and kick you in the backside."

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 05:16 PM
link   
i see the Republican strategy here, you bus in tons of immigrants to cause disruption in the city they cant handle, as a result the voters turn against Democrat polices and they convert to the Republican side. dirty but kinda smart strategy.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
i see the Republican strategy here, you bus in tons of immigrants to cause disruption in the city they cant handle, as a result the voters turn against Democrat polices and they convert to the Republican side. dirty but kinda smart strategy.

Democrats are the ones who advocate loudest for it; don't you think they should understand fully what it is they advocate for?

Most of the time, they advocate for things that never directly impact them because it makes them feel good and other people suffer the impacts. By sending the illegals there, to the advertised sanctuaries, they have to either practice what they preach or reveal themselves as hypocrites, but either way, they realize the full impacts of what they advocate for. This the reality of life in a border state.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Double post ... wtf? There was no warning on that
edit on 13-5-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   

During Easter week the biden administration ended the right of clergy to visit veterans at Walter Reed hospital in DC, i would call this a hate crime-

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I see the Democrats Insane strategy here . You go along with bussing in tons of immigrants in Hope of Causing disruption in the city they are Trying to Destroy , and as a result , the voters turn against Democrat polices and they then convert to the Republican side Out of Sheer Godsmackness . dirty but kinda STUPID strategy .........

* Amended For Accuracy .
edit on 13-5-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Outrageous.
Just another example of the rat bastard Liberal’s hate of America.
So F’ing tired of these clowns and their outright contempt of regular Americans, let alone veterans that served this country.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Oh, you mean live with the policies you support and vote for instead of making others live with your choices?

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Aren't these some of the same people who want to give citizenship to people who will serve? Isn't that a leftist thing?

So wouldn't that be saying to these people, "Here. We roll out the red carpet to you, but as soon as you lift a finger to value this place, we treat you like everyone else who cares about it and kick you in the backside."

what do you think leftism is?

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 06:01 PM
link   
And so it begins.
Expect more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join