It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Significant rise in excess deaths in the UK. What are the causes?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: Asmodeus3

Tracking COVID-19 Excess Deaths - The Economist

Interesting that New Zealand, which had a fairly strict and rapid response to COVID-19, had 4 excess deaths per 100k people over the two year period, and that didn't really rise as vaccinations were rolled out.

Most other countries had a significant rise in the excess deaths since the beginning of 2022 until now. And in particular most of these deaths were non Covid related.

There was a pandemic happening at the time. If you look at what the official sources attribute these excess deaths to, they ALL mention COVID-19. This is because COVID-19 deaths are not excluded from excess death statistics.

I don't know where you got the statistics about New Zealand.

The link was in my post.

Something important to consider is the demographics and population as well as the fact that New Zealand is an island and an isolated area. Epidemics can be managed better and responses can be better especially when you have areas with low density populations.

Most definitely New Zealand is not a single island.

So when Italy had a massive outbreak of COVID-19 and went under a strict lockdown/quarantine, the infection numbers stayed high? No, they didn't. They aren't an Island.

You see, it relates to how and when a lockdown is implemented. In several countries it was too little, too late, but not not in all countries.

However that doesn't stop the spread of the virus. Lockdowns and vaccinations didn't have much impact on the spread which is still going on as the virus circulates among the population. You need to have a closer look at the excess deaths as this could be seen in the future.

You need to look at the excess deaths, from official sources, not from some other commentator who exaggerates, uses dodgy sources, and takes no consideration for things like population growth.

edit on 11/5/2023 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

"Poor diabetes care may be behind 7,000 excess deaths"....according to bbc just yesterday.

"In the week ending 31 March 2023 (Week 13), 11,584 deaths were registered in England and Wales; 634 of these deaths mentioned novel coronavirus (COVID-19), accounting for 5.5% of all deaths."
"The number of deaths registered in the UK in the week ending 31 March 2023 (Week 13) was 13,137, which was 19.6% above the five-year average (2,156 more deaths); of these deaths, 729 involved COVID-19.."
According to ons.gov

edit on 11-5-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

"Poor diabetes care may be behind 7,000 excess deaths"....according to bbc just yesterday.

"In the week ending 31 March 2023 (Week 13), 11,584 deaths were registered in England and Wales; 634 of these deaths mentioned novel coronavirus (COVID-19), accounting for 5.5% of all deaths."
According to ons.gov

But as the attention falls off COVID-19 as primary cause of death, there are now comorbidities being blamed. It doesn't mean that COVID-19 was not contributory. Ans now COVID-19 is endemic, it is going to mean it will be contributory to 'all mortality' numbers for some time.

I wonder why Diabetes care is now a factor? What changed?

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Probably because as sugar rises in the blood the immune system gets compromised by quite a bit. If the blood reading is around seven, and it goes up to eight the immune system drops by 25% or thereabouts. Sugar is a great preservative so it is most likely the gut bacteria which is seventy-five percent of the immune system getting hammered. Staying at home eating carb snacks and not working it off would not help much. But it would only be a factor not a main contributor to the rise in the death rates. But that's what they are doing cherry-picking anything but the vaccine. It is too obvious at this stage. Enforced holidays are not usually that deadly.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Referee whistles, guys. It’s the f¥*€ing soccer referee whistles and other startling noises.

Apparently we acquired the hamster syndrome (which can die of heart attacks from loud startling noises).

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gandalph

If the five-year average is calculated from pre-2019 then the increase in the average death rate in the UK is 28% which would coincide with the rise in cremations. After a pandemic, the death rates should have dropped significantly from the pre-pandemic average. www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 04:07 AM
link   

What happened was that for 2 years people who had developed diabetes - and many other illnesses - went undiagnosed and untreated because they were unable to see a doctor.

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

After looking online.....it says that covid infection can cause diabetes.
I also saw that some got it after the injection.

The relationship between COVID-19 and diabetes has been reported in terms of serious complications, such as diabetic ketoacidosis and new-onset diabetes, which are mainly due to the impaired β-cell functions2. Recent reports have shown that direct infection with SARS-CoV-2 on β-cells induces β-cell apoptosis3 and transdifferentiation4. Decreased β-cell mass is a common pathology in both type 1 and type 2 diabetes, and it has been suggested that SARS-CoV-2 infection might worsen glycemic control by simultaneously causing β-cell apoptosis and transdifferentiation, resulting in β-cell loss2. COVID-19 vaccine was developed to prevent an ongoing pandemic, and has been administered with high efficacy and safety. However, as administration of COVID-19 vaccine has progressed, the possibility of worsening glycemic control after the vaccination has also been reported.

edit on 12-5-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

If you follow the science it appears the Bifida bacteria, Virtually dies out along with the rise of the spike protein, Even after the natural infection it appears it drops as well. That's seventy-five percent of the immune system. Plus the microbiome is important in digesting the sugar. www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

John Campbell made a new video yesterday with up to date figures (week ending 28th April) from the office for national statistics.

edit on 13-5-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   

What is scary about this.. Is why are the politicians not calling for a national inquiry into this. That makes it smell a whole lot worse.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

What happened was that for 2 years people who had developed diabetes - and many other illnesses - went undiagnosed and untreated because they were unable to see a doctor.

People haven't been able to see a doctor in 2 years? Where?

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   

" Significant rise in excess deaths in the UK. What are the causes? "

Simple Answer , Stupidity . Malice Intent comes in a Close Second .

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

Parts of canada where I live. Such a massive doctor shortage.

There wasnt enough before the pandemic and during it many quit over the bs or were close to retirement age anyhow. Clinics closing all over town. Not sure why. They have a first come first served situation for the walk in clinics. I tried to go to one and their day was booked up by 9am but they dont take appointments you had to wait in line for a number. Id driven an hour to get there so there are many rural people, especially elderly if they cant drive, who cannot see a doctor in person therefore simple tests like blood pressure are omitted.

Just three years ago there were multiple walk in clinics for those without personal doctors and you never waited more than an hour and even that was rare.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

I don't know about anyone else, but does anyone think it a bit strange? that the insurance actuaries say that the death rate has gone up forty percent, and the government figures from Dr. Campbell say eighteen? That's quite a discrepancy. You also have some valid statistics that state that the figures for Cancer heart attacks etc have increased by many hundreds of percent. If this was true it should be very hard to get to see a Doctor as they should all be very busy. Apparently, they are. If these figures are true then we should be showing supply chain issues. We seem to be on many product lines.
If you read the comments from the likes of Dr Campell's subscribers, it is a nonstop rollout of death and injury blaming the vaccine for the sickness or demise of the commentator's loved ones. Mainly for heart attacks and strokes, I also read one comment when a person going in for surgery had to have the dialysis stent removed and a spaghetti-like structure came out of the vein. My point is that if people are going down in greater numbers than the official figures seem to suggest. Then it would be hard to get the real stats to prove it, like how many cremations, etc. which it is as, many of the real telltale statistics cant be found. Every country involved seems to be having massive illegal immigration, could these be the replacements for an economic catastrophe, which no government could ever admit to being a party to.? if so then it would suggest the average death rates will just keep going up as the sicknesses turn into mortality statistics. The official figures are not being discussed by governments even though are wartime figures of losses. If they were then it would be obvious that they were indeed party to the present trends because the powers they gave themselves were causative of the crisis.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

The UK .... Where'd you think we were talking about?

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

Not being able to see a doctor could be advantageous.

I read a book many many years ago titled 'Why doctors don't make you healthy'......

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Another reason for excess deaths ....

Delayed health checks among people with diabetes may have contributed to 7,000 more deaths than usual in England last year, a charity report suggests.

The routine checks help cut the risk of serious complications like amputations and heart attacks.

~ ~ ~

There are more than five million people in the UK living with diabetes, but around 1.9 million missed out on routine vital checks in 2021-22, Diabetes UK says.

Disruption to care during the pandemic is likely to be a factor in the current backlog, which may be leading to higher numbers of deaths than usual in people with diabetes, it says.

Between January and March 2023, for example, there were 1,461 excess deaths involving diabetes - three times higher than during the same period last year.

www.bbc.co.uk...

It all adds up ....

I’ve closely tracked the data for almost 4 years now, in part because I have a senior public health background before working in games and movies.

I have many careers — the unifying factor is I am an expert at large scale data.

The pull forward adjusted excess deaths cannot be explained by an organic Boomer death curve.

The excess deaths can also not be entirely attributed to delayed diagnosis and treatment — that is some, but the projected excesss was measurable in Q3 2020 for 3-5 years forward depending on how conservative or aggressive one wants to run the numbers.

Both of the above combined cannot account for the 2022-2023 rolling twelve month excess death rate — it’s just math, you can do the math, it is mostly arithmetic.

So, something not currently provable, is causing excess deaths beyond the expected pull forward + the expected delayed diagnosis and treatment.

The above statement is NOT debatable. It’s a mathematical fact and it is true around the world.

What it is? I am certain various individuals have varying conclusions. I don’t deal in conclusions, I take a set of hypotheses and attempt to eliminate them.

I cannot eliminate 2 hypotheses: 1) an exigent event occurred prior to 2019 (before anyone heard SARS2) and/or 2) the mRNA shots are causing a measurable non trivial and statistically valid excess death rate (accounting for Boomer pull forward, delayed D&T, AND excess ODs, marginal increase in traffic fatalities, and whatever other causes someone wants to throw at it).

Perhaps these purely psychosomatic / psychological excess deaths — but absent that (which is essentially an unheard of phenomenon)— the only valid hypos today are:

1) am at scale exigent health vector prior to 2019; and/or
2) mRNA shot uptake.

You can run the numbers ten thousand ways. The above two hypos are the only hypos that cannot be eliminated.
edit on 16-5-2023 by JohnTitorSociety because: Spelling

edit on 16-5-2023 by JohnTitorSociety because: Spelling

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnTitorSociety

Have you done a projection on the figures, and found any conclusions on what the future number of people contributing to the economy will be? as the increased death rates appear to be now on a higher trend. If I read your post right forgive me if I got it wrong but you suggested that the trend was up before the pandemic. Since it appears the virus was in Wuhan in the September of 2019 and the lockdowns started around May 2020 which would be eight months of it spreading before any lockdowns to contain it, would that account for the rise in death rates? as the lockdowns seem to be like bolting the stable doors after the horse escapes.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: JohnTitorSociety

Have you done a projection on the figures, and found any conclusions on what the future number of people contributing to the economy will be? as the increased death rates appear to be now on a higher trend. If I read your post right forgive me if I got it wrong but you suggested that the trend was up before the pandemic. Since it appears the virus was in Wuhan in the September of 2019 and the lockdowns started around May 2020 which would be eight months of it spreading before any lockdowns to contain it, would that account for the rise in death rates? as the lockdowns seem to be like bolting the stable doors after the horse escapes.

The current trendlines are not steep enough to ever surpass worldwide birthrate.

SARS2 cannot be the cause of excess deaths, it is endemic and it’s IFR is too low (it’s IFR is lower with years of mutations — but it’s IFR was too low in 2020 and 2019 as well).

70M+ people are born each year. Nothing related to SARS2 involves excess deaths that can approach comping close to even a breakeven with the ~70M live births figure.

If these numbers change, then the analysis can change.

But from 2019-2023, if you accept the MAX claim of SARS2 deaths AND accept the MAX claim of mRNA shot deaths — the combined number is still tiny compared to the roughly ~250M to ~280M people born in the same time frame.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join