It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

App updates.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed a boatload of app updates on their phones recently...as in the last few days?

I had 32 updates today....all 4MB or larger updates.

Yesterday I had a carrier security update...the kind that restarts your phone.

So...I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this happen recently.
edit on 5/7/23 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Vasa,

Haven't seen it in Europe. On my PC, microsoft updates seem hyperactive.

Cheers

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Vasa,

Haven't seen it in Europe. On my PC, microsoft updates seem hyperactive.

Cheers

Maybe a carrier thing....just seemed like a lot more updates than I've gotten in a long time.

Made me wonder if some new bill was passed in congress or something...tinfoil hat and all.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Hmm...so oddly, my TV just updated and I had to sign back in with my phone to the services I pay for.

Seems strange....

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Hmm...so oddly, my TV just updated and I had to sign back in with my phone to the services I pay for.

Seems strange....

It could also jsut be an update cycle.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Seems strange....

It could also jsut be an update cycle.

True. I just don't remember a time when this many happened at once. Kinda like when every site you go on started with the "cookie" pop up.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 03:15 AM
link   

my phone kept trying to do "updates" for several months and I kept clicking the button to update later but then it randomly started "updating". After it rebooted for the "update" I went into my phone settings, because there is an option to "Uninstall all updates" and I did that even though I knew it would basically format my phone back to factory. No Samsung. I like my 10 year old phone the way it is, thanks. I lost all my bookmarks too. Lame.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I just don't remember a time when this many happened at once.

Probably just a coincidence if they were all third-party apps. Haven't heard of anything on any of the mobile platforms that would've required everyone to update their apps.

Apple just had a "rapid security response" that went over like a Chinese fire drill, but AFAIK apps didn't need to be updated.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Has anyone else noticed a boatload of app updates on their phones recently...as in the last few days?

Hey Vasa
APP updates & phone updates came up when I was looking into scams. Fake phone app updates are one of the latest
tactic being used to get into your devices. There's a bunch of youtubes on how to tell if this is going on with your phone.

www.certosoftware.com...

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I have Cricket, Moto 2022. It did a complete makeover ( colors and layout ). But this was the second time in 2 weeks, this time it went from %40 used memory to %38. They cleaned it up a little.

note: make sure they didn't add more apps to the background. I removed 3 Widget Type Apps.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I have I phone and Microsoft accounts, I have not seen any out of usual updates, but you can do a search on this in the internet and see if something is going on.

top topics

join