It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At what age should a cop be recruited? 17 years?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 04:49 AM
link   
This is mental, Queensland police are hunting for recruits from 17 years old.

How can any one consider a young child for a job which requires life experience and emotional intelligence which I would say the child would lack.

www.news.com.au...

Victoria is considering the same approach, as well as considering looking at people who failed psychological and entrance exams.

www.sheppnews.com.au...

Though this is what a dictatorial government would want people they can mould to their control.
edit on 5-5-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

Stormtroopers take slightly more time to corrupt than normal dogs so they start them early.

And using ones who failed exams is a great way to construct a "training program" to slide them under the radar with pie charts and psychobabble to the scrutinisers who will need appeasing.

In a world of dogs, you don't train dogs, you train puppies. They function on reward the same but have no real connection to the reality of their world so can be conditioned and programmed more readily.

They will be TOLD what the reality of the world is, just like all those millions of soldiers who also donned a uniform to defend something by destroying something else that they could never enjoy because either the rewards were of no personal benefit or they died.

Stormtroopers. In drag perhaps. With a "Learner" badge so their feelings must be respected, by law.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

We had the stormtroopers in Victoria with the darth Vader uniforms that threatened to shoot civilians at the shrine of remembrance protests.

As you say these puppies will be easy to manipulate control.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 05:48 AM
link   

When all of the job per-requisites involve being a buffer between the citizens disdain for the State and the State, the actual skills and experience don't matter so much.

Can you beat down a citizen with your Billy club? Perfect! Welcome aboard, son.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Depends on the 17-year-old kid i suppose.

The thing is like you suggest life experience and emotional intelligence are a requirement for Police to do their job appropriately.

If cops had half a brain they would recruit criminals into their ranks that understand the streets and lay of the land where crime is concerned a whole lot better than they do........oh wait too late.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LizzidPepo

Though this makes sense in a way as here in Victoria they are looking at increasing the of criminality.

amp.theage.com.au...

Then they are looking at increasing this to 14.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Lol most cops are crimes anyway ….legally the can beat peoole up.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 06:11 AM
link   

what's the age for joining the military, or legal adult if their the same that what it should be.

here in the U.S. you can join the military at 17 with parents signing off, considered a adult at 18, cant drink until 21, can't smoke from 18 to 21.

the way i see it the lowest age, if you can go and risk your life for a country, you should be able to do anything that is legal
in that country.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Pretty much.

The difference is they have a badge, but still belong to the biggest gang in town, and are somewhat above the law, no matter what people claim.

Good and bad people in all walks of life i suppose.

Police are no different on that score.

But sending what amounts to a wean to do a man's job is going to create issues as you suggest.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

I checked this out for the Australian army the age you can apply is 17.

Though it is a different world in the military, as opposed to dealing with the general public.

Dealing with everyday joes, who knows what humans they will come across, and attitudes.

Who knows how a child will deal with a mature person who has a better mental ability or life experience.

And how will a kid deal with the verbal tirade if a mature person?

Would the child have the intellect to not be emotionally hurt?

Especially if the child comes from a household of domestic violence would the kid shoot?

These are what I would be concerned with.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I shudder to think what these kids will do, especially when armed.

As above will the hold their cool?

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I'm apt to go with "no" robsmith.

Just down to a lack of life experience.

Which may also make them feel intimidated in situations that require conflict resolution.

Hence ready to pop a cap in anybody's ass that makes them feel less than.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 07:06 AM
link   

from personal experience the younger the cop the hotter the temper

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: takeonlywhatyouneed

That's because the older ones have experience and understand that if you project violence that's exactly what you will get back in return.

They also know that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith
a reply to: LizzidPepo

Though this makes sense in a way as here in Victoria they are looking at increasing the of criminality.

amp.theage.com.au...

Then they are looking at increasing this to 14.

So, they're raising the age of accountability and lowering the age of accountability at the same time.

The gap in the middle seems to be tightening.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Pretty much.

Young minds are easier to mold. Even better if they are sequestered in a training environment without contact with the outside world.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 08:54 AM
link   

In the US, we have teens on up in the Explorer Division. They start there assisting events age 16.

Just sayin'...these wanna eventually cops, start there, continue into college...or not.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Dbl post
edit on 05231531America/ChicagoFri, 05 May 2023 09:10:15 -050010202300000015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   

We really don't recruit...but provide entry thru junior guilds of police depts. They don't go after anyone to recruit. It's something you must really want to do.

Police have Hiring Fairs etc...but don't "recruit". It's not like " Hey. We need you to do this, we'll give you a badge and gun".

You must show an interest 1st...and be cleared thru State Police.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Yes. I was a soldier at 17, the RAA has the discipline and traditions of a fighting force.

The Australian police have the discipline and traditions of the best behaved convicts and the rum corps.

Australia is the only country in the world whose police were, at the very outset, recruited from convicts.

It shows in their dress and bearing, however in saying that, some very hardened veterans have returned from war, become police, then terrorised the bejeesus out of criminals for decades afterwards lol.

Let 17 year olds join I say, just because you wear the uniform doesn’t mean your going to be at the coal face of the shield wall.

These kids will be nurtured and developed in offices and in stores/admin until they reach the maturity and familiarity with procedures to interact with the public professionally.

I’m fairly certain a University degree in policing is required to become a copper nowadays anyhow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join