It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re-Re-Affirming the 'Breaking Alternative News' Forum

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Personally IDK that we need more forums, ATS is very fragmented as it is. We have forums that haven’t had post in months and months if not years. Would be nice to clean some of those up before introducing more. Some forums could be combined for easier navigation IMO. Which I think leads to lack of posting in certain forums, no one thinks their thread will be seen if posting in a forum that maybe had one or two post in months. Just being suggestive.

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Mrs Darko

Would this go in Breaking Alternative News, because Raw Story not a mainstream news site?

Proud Boys verdict is in: Guilty of seditious conspiracys

Meh...kinda-sorta - Raw Story IS somewhat of an alternative news site, so technically, yes ; Although RS has become just another parrot of the left, imo.

And this one, would go in Breaking News, because USA Today is a mainstream outlet?

4 Proud Boys, including leader Enrique Tarrio, guilty of seditious conspiracy for Jan. 6 Capitol attack

Exactly - Although some independent thought process is an order for something like this - every once in a while (more since Biden's term began), you'll get a FOX news article that's even BETTER (or if it's RS, WAY better), but STILL....it belongs in the other "political breaking news" category.

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Thank you for the clarification! Alt news sources, but not Social media.

Wait...
Don't some people always question Alt news sources as not being "legitimate"?

Think it could get sticky there, maybe?

This post? Absolutely!

And you know what? I've seen far, FAR more legitimacy from altnews sites than MSM sites for the last 5 years or so anyway (because in STRIKING contrariness to what the MSM talking heads say out of their anus, alt media is actually held to a MUCH HIGHER standard than CNN or Fox News, because no one's questioning THEIR narrative ; In contrast, the default position for "alternative media you read about/listened to/watched on the internet") is, "Oh, I don't believe THAT!".....So you show them the article LINKED to that story

edit on 04pmThu, 04 May 2023 20:54:14 -0500k2023 by Mrs Darko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: errck

I humbly beg to disagree ; as distasteful overall I find organized religion in general, I've found Epoch to be one of the BEST sources for COVID articles out there.

A few examples:
1. The first documentary movie on CCP virus, Tracking Down the Origin of the Wuhan Coronavirus

The BEST ARTICLE:
2. CDC Director Admits Vaccinated Individuals Can Transmit COVID-19 to Others

3. a. Pfizer Knowingly Allowed Dangerous Components in its Vaccines (Part 1)

b. Vaccine-Related Injuries May Be Related to Truncated mRNA (Part 2)
edit on 04pmThu, 04 May 2023 20:36:00 -0500k2023 by Mrs Darko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Raw Story IS somewhat of an alternative news site, so technically, yes ; Although RS has become just another parrot of the left, imo.

Yeah. RawStory is a Buzzfeed spin off. The stories are short, very little meat, and it definitely leans left. But, then you have Gateway Pundit, which is the same but leans right.

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: errck

Like epochtimes run by China, not a source imo

No, it is not - it is quite literally the OPPOSITE of being "run by China" ; It's written by the MAIN DOMESTIC VICTIMS OF CHINA, The Falun Gong religious group. I see their efforts to smear Epoch and make it sound like they run it themselves (to keep Americans away from it) are working splendidly....

China forcefully harvests organs from detainees, tribunal concludes
www.nbcnews.com...

What is the Relationship between The Epoch Times and Falun Gong?
October 01, 2020 18:17
Falun Gong is the faith of John Tang, the founder and CEO of The Epoch Times. It is also one of the main reasons he decided to establish The Epoch Times.

John was able to leave China following the events on Tiananmen Square in 1989, after being thoroughly shocked by the brutality and deception of the communist regime against their own people. In 1995, two years after he had arrived in the United States, a friend of his introduced him to Falun Gong. He took up the practice after his life had been enhanced by its principles of Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance.

Yet, in 1999, he would witness the second round of the Chinese Communist Party’s (CCP) brutality and deception when it began to suppress Falun Gong practitioners. Furthermore, John noted that this time, it wasn’t just the media in China that printed the CCP’s defamatory messaging about the practice. Many big media outlets either parroted the CCP's narrative or turned a blind eye to the situation.

This phenomenon motivated him to take matters into his own hands. He knew that to be able to always print the truth, a media had to be completely independent from any corporation, government, or political party. Those are the founding principles of The Epoch Times and remain so to this day.

Another vision that John had for The Epoch Times is to make it a place where people who still seek truth and goodness can come together. He wanted them to know that there are people out there just like them, who will fight for the things that they value—that even in the deluge of information that we’re all subject to, there are people who care about the things that matter to them.

Since 2000, we have grown into a multinational media that spans 36 countries and 22 languages. Our goal remains steadfast in its resolve to present what we see, not dictate how to think; we strive to deliver you a factual picture of reality that lets you form your own opinions.

edit on 04pmThu, 04 May 2023 20:44:58 -0500k2023 by Mrs Darko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Personally IDK that we need more forums, ATS is very fragmented as it is. Some forums could be combined for easier navigation IMO. Which I think leads to lack of posting in certain forums, no one thinks their thread will be seen if posting in a forum that maybe had one or two post in months. Just being suggestive.

And we def appreciate all opinions, as it helps us grow and expand, so THANK YOU!

We have forums that haven’t had post in months and months if not years. Would be nice to clean some of those up before introducing more.

OMG, I KNOW...ugh....we would LOVE to "retire" some of the older forums, while adding things like "Psychedelics & Philosophy", "Ancient Practices", "Artificial Intelligence News/Updates", "Shamanism", etc...Bring ATS to not just a higher standard of character and self-respect/respect for others/their opinions, but to clean up some of those forums that haven't had additions or interaction in quite some time.

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yeah. RawStory is a Buzzfeed spin off. The stories are short, very little meat, and it definitely leans left. But, then you have Gateway Pundit, which is the same but leans right.

And thus, the illusion of "choice".

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Really good to see the place is being dusted off, streamlined and made current.

I thought so, too - esp considering how much the internet/social media have changed since it was first written (Also, even I experienced some confusion at first about what it meant, so a laidback re-write with more clarity re: what's appropriate or not for this section/category seemed in order.)

I'm already having tons of fun here, after being a silent lurker for many years
However, I appreciate you all bearing with me for a while as Darko teaches me how to utilize all of the functions and do everything efficiently.

But I thik the fact that I've been able to use the "applaud" feature MUCH MORE than the "warning" - I hated warning / banning people back in the day, and I'll prob hate it just as much now as I did then, lol...

edit on 04pmThu, 04 May 2023 23:37:07 -0500k2023 by Mrs Darko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Hmm... I just have to Say...

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Just throwing this out in case any one is interested since we are talking on News Articles. Ground News is a pretty interesting website as it tries to breakdown recent stories into Left / Center / Right leaning articles. You can see how each story is spun. I find it interesting...there is an app as well.

Ground News

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Ultimately it will boil down to personal ideology as to what "news" will be accepted....

Confirmation bias will always rule...

posted on May, 6 2023 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

"None will be deleted"

Thank you, sincerely. Not everyone has the sense to distinguish forums or fiction from fact but they don't deserve to be deleted. Insert Voltaire quote here.

You're also very welcome - As a person very interested in history and who has done a lot of research on what happened at the Library of Alexandria, I am not a fan at all of memory holes, or of covert or overt censorship, etc.

edit on 06amSat, 06 May 2023 00:38:51 -0500k2023 by Mrs Darko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Greetings to you! Just to say I'm happy to see the changes on ATS and let's hope the future will be bright[er].

Just a slight topic detour... Today, I went shopping in a different neighbourhood and came across some urban art. It looks like you have fans even here in Europe...

Ok, pit stop over.

posted on May, 6 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Unfortunately, both YT videos in your last post are not showing. Check out the message in the first one... a bit weird. The second one I can't figure out what the problem is.

I need to try with a VPN, in the meantime, do you have the titles, please?

edit on 6/5/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Alternative News is really the only news. Anthing else is fake news.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 12:49 AM
link   
SPAM
edit on 6/8/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 01:12 AM
link   
SPAM

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 01:31 AM
link   
SPAM

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 02:07 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join