It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Speaker Delivers Impressive Performance

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

That speech was very impressive!

Step one: Getting the word out.

I guarantee most of the Dems I know have no idea about the $450,000 plan for each illegal family about to be added to the American taxpayers backs. Shoot, the ones I know of proudly state they know nothing about politics. Smh!

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm not quite sure what you're saying, and no matter how I try to understand it, I'm still not impressed.

Sure he can make himself look good by saying all the right things, that his base wants to hear. Anyone can do that.

And if it's just about the "right" talking trash to and about the "left," then I guess McCarthy looks freaking awesome. That might be okay for some people.

But his talk is worthless if it doesn't result in something better. And I don't see that happening.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

I don't know if it's Oscar worthy, but he centered on and highlighted some key issues reasonably well, but the problem with the republican party is not as much what is being said, it's what isn't being done.

Not once did I hear him say what the majority republican house is going to do about the issues he addressed. Talk is cheap, and the republicans are as good at rhetoric as it gets, but when are they going to do something about it?

McCarthy may be a RINO, but right now he is a perfect speaker of the house. He exemplifies what republicans do every time they are the majority.

This exactly. Talk is cheap and the establishment RINOs epitomize the saying "you get what you paid for" which is....diddly squat. Establishment republicans have been cowards and/or simply the other side of a sh*tty globalist coin for years.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The House has a majority he can pass stuff through, sure, but it dies in the Senate where Schumar simply tables it.

So McCarthy can even appear to act, but he knows it will be symbolic.

Democrat House majorities do this all the time to generate talking points.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So we've been told ad nauseum ad infinitum.

"All those mean Dems... blah blah blah... whine whine whine..."

Where there's a will, there's a way. If the will were there, he would find the way. I don't see any will to do better. Even if "the way" smacked him upside the head.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   

So McCarthy controls the Senate now .... *and* Joe Biden?

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So McCarthy controls the Senate now .... *and* Joe Biden?

Nope. McCarthy controls himself. McCarthy controls everything that McCarthy does and everything that McCarthy does not do. If he can't do "this" because of those darn Dems, then he needs to do "that." He also needs to say "no" to some things and then stick to it.

Starting with Ukraine. McCarthy oh so proudly declared that he's voting to give Ukraine even more of our money when our own nation is running out of money. The Senate didn't make McCarthy do that. Biden didn't make McCarthy do that. McCarthy did that. McCarthy controls himself.
edit on 3-5-2023 by Boadicea because: clarity

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: EmeraldCoastFreedm
Did you not know Trump pressured the freedom caucus to vote fore Mccarthy and it didn't work,,Mccarthy has no power

The WORDS. I was more interested in the speech itself and the delivery. Thoughts?

The left are not going to address the actual content of the speech. They cant back up the attacks so they attack anything/everything else.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I think you misunderstand. The main point I think Kets is making is McCarthy can pretend he want to do anything. He can pretend he supports certain issues or not support others BECAUSE he knows it won't pass the Senate. He can pander to conservatives even on issues he doesn't really want to pass.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The house can only control house business, spending 2 years trying to negotiate for 1 thing puts the dems back in charge of the house.

they have to pass legislation and move it forward so next election the gop can point at we passed x, y, z and the dems wouldnt even allow a debate.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

I think you misunderstand.

Well, I think you may be right there! I did say that I didn't understand the point being made.

The main point I think Kets is making is McCarthy can pretend he want to do anything. He can pretend he supports certain issues or not support others BECAUSE he knows it won't pass the Senate. He can pander to conservatives even on issues he doesn't really want to pass.

Well, of course he can and he is! That's all he's doing. As I also stated, he said all the right things to make his base happy... but it doesn't change or fix anything. He's blamed Biden and the Dems for everything, and painted himself a victim as he sells out the nation.
edit on 3-5-2023 by Boadicea because: clarity

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

I think you misunderstand. The main point I think Kets is making is McCarthy can pretend he want to do anything. He can pretend he supports certain issues or not support others BECAUSE he knows it won't pass the Senate. He can pander to conservatives even on issues he doesn't really want to pass.

You kind of said it yourself there... "he knows it won't pass the senate".

The question isn't why he would/would not support any given issue, the question is why is everyone so certain they won't pass the senate?

Why is securing our border out of the question? Why is it a good thing democrats ship illegals all over the country in the middle of the night? Why won't measures to correct these issues pass a majority democrat body? Why do democrats want to inflict issues such as these on the American people? Why do democrats show pictures of children in cages during the obama administration and blame it on Trump? Why did AOC pose for fake pictures in a parking lot instead of taking real pictures in front of an actual event? Could it be because there wasn't an actual event to photograph? If there was one, I have to believe some democrat somewhere would get a valid pic of it...

And don't bother saying its both sides. I don't see any republicans in favor of wide open borders and shipping illegals all over the country in the middle of the night. The democrats are the ones doing that.

Oh, as for taking children away from their "parents", democrats were the ones who screamed that children were in detention facilities with suspected child traffickers and pedophiles so they were removed and placed in different areas. Then democrats screamed about taking children away from their parents. The problems here are, 1, the so-called parents revealed they don't know anything about the children and vice/versa during questioning. Not even basic things like names, birthdays, home address, etc. 2, How can democrats simultaneously scream about putting children in cages with child traffickers and pedophiles, while also screaming that the people coming across the border are just refugees looking for a better life?

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   

a reply to: EmeraldCoastFreedm

Maybe you'll have something to talk about tomorrow.

Good night.

Ok it is tomorrow now.

Why isn't he allowing any articles of impeachment to be brought up? This was one of his first stated goals as speaker.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 05:09 PM
link   

His retort was composed to address the legislation proposal being evaluated. Impeachment would have been off topic for the purposes of the assembly in question.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I think that's the overall consensus here; a lot of talk and very little action. That's one of the reasons I called it a 'performance'.

I've already pointed out the obviousness of him being 'establishment' personified, and personally I wasn't for him to be anywhere near a speakership position when I was vested in this right/left crap.

I like right and wrong better.

Imagine where we'd be right now if concessions were NOT made to representatives and caucuses that wanted to hunt down lawlessness and corruption. I mean as it stands, they're still gathering info and putting the pieces together. I enjoy the updates, but WHAT will be ultimately done in the end is anyone's guess. The corruption is so mainstream that getting away with it is just as common and expected.

edit on 5/3/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

That speech was very impressive!

Step one: Getting the word out.

I guarantee most of the Dems I know have no idea about the $450,000 plan for each illegal family about to be added to the American taxpayers backs. Shoot, the ones I know of proudly state they know nothing about politics. Smh!

Yeah, that provision is utter BS. It would be nice to hear from those that do support this and hear why they think that number is correct or even too low, or whether on at least this issue, their party is off the deep end or not!

A lot of this is NOT about right v left, it's simply about right and wrong.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Did you not know Trump pressured the freedom caucus to vote fore Mccarthy and it didn't work,,Mccarthy has no power

The WORDS. I was more interested in the speech itself and the delivery. Thoughts?

The left are not going to address the actual content of the speech. They cant back up the attacks so they attack anything/everything else.

I think it's important as people are waking up, slowly mind you, that we get away from right v left and concentrate on right v wrong.

I think people are so polarized that their position is that their party can do no wrong which is a mind set that's incredibly dangerous to the health of a nation.

And further, what do you do when a party, sec, cult, ideology, whatever is hell bent on destroying the country??

What are we supposed to do?

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Duplicate.

Site crashed three times while I was trying to post this response.
edit on 5/3/2023 by EternalShadow because: site crashes

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Duplicate.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Duplicate.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join