It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oracle Drops UK-Based Disinfo Nannies After Conservative Blacklisting Cited In Lawsuit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Just another installment for the not yet authored "How not to use commerce to affect and support ideology."

The major agencies of Big Techs machinery towards that end was the increasingly visible GDI (Global Disinformation Index) and her many cousins across the globe.

For those interested in brief definitions, the GDI and her ilk ...

... targets and blacklists conservative websites in order to drain them of revenue and support by working with "advertisers and the ad tech industry in assessing the reputational and brand risk when advertising with online media outlets and to help them avoid financially supporting disinformation online."

Of course, never stated within that generic description is the overriding reality that they refer to "disinformation" as if theirs was the only power to identify it. In other words, "disinformation" really means "whatever we decide is mis/dis-information."

Oracle Drops UK-Based Disinfo Nannies After Conservative Blacklisting Cited In Lawsuit

As Kaminsky reports, software giant Oracle announced on Wednesday that it will no longer collaborate with GDI, which has received just under $666,000 from the US State Department between 2020 and 2021. The news comes one day after GDI was cited in a lawsuit against the Biden administration which claims the government has colluded with big tech to censor free speech.

This same British entity, which has two affiliated United States nonprofit groups that have come under fire for shielding information from their 2021 tax forms, was cited in a Tuesday friend-of-the-court brief filed by Alliance Defending Freedom in State of Louisiana v. Biden — a lawsuit filed in May 2022 that claims the government has colluded with Big Tech to stifle discourse online. -Washington Examiner

Interestingly, for those who pay attention to the activities of their governments, it appears that a substantial amount of money flows directly from government coffers to fuel this 'not censorship' effort around the planet.

Oracle, meanwhile, told the Examiner that it would no longer maintain a relationship with GDI, which they had previously announced a 2021 collaboration with in order to engage in "brand safety."

I will here add my purely speculative and outrageously simplistic reinterpretation of this reference to "brand safety." Under the threat of being targeted as a 'supporter of misinformation" and the resulting business restrictions we would face from a financial market dominated by globalist ideologues and elitist committee and think-tank policy makers, we assumed it would be necessary to 'have a relationship" with this organization which never would have resorted to a 'extortion' posture to control the business world (a la DEI-style.) Now we realize the luster has faded from that scam.. and we're betting this whole "control speech" effort is as stupid as it sounded in the first place.

Microsoft has similarly launched an internal investigation into its partnership with GDI after ad industry whistleblowers revealed how conservative sites were being blacklisted by the Microsoft-owned Xandr as "false/misleading" , "reprehensible/offensive" , or "hate speech."

Confidence in the scam fades... smarter would-be players, walk away.

But if you are in favor of the cluster quasi-governmental Big Tech/Government cabals operations, know that all is not lost.

GDI is seeking protection under an undisclosed "anti-harassment" federal exemption... (Irony of ironies.)

WSY?

edit on 5/2/2023 by Maxmars because: spelling

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

It appears the pendulum beginning a backswing, or is it an optical illusion?

I had honestly given up on anybody trying to stop this train wreck our world has been on since 2020. I'm cautiously hopeful now.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

"Hopeful" is good... "cautious" is life-saving.

We can never be absolutely certain of the spewage issuing forth from the cabal-driven. But, contrary to their apparent dedication to the preposition that they are infallible; they seem to be quite fallible. As history has proven again, and again.

Life can be hard when you are cloistered and narcissistic to the point of psychopathy.
edit on 5/2/2023 by Maxmars because: grammar

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Life can be hard when you are cloistered and narcissistic to the point of psychopathy.

I was reading a psychiatry research paper a year or so ago that said the greatest/most successful lawyers tested to have a high degree of narcissism, and it was actually a good trait to have for holding a political office.

There focused on getting what they want, and lack empathy-which pretty much makes them immune to criticism. They also hold themselves in the highest of esteem, and view others as far, far less capable and intelligent than themselves.

I was researching on why so many politicians seemed to be lawyers, and it made sense to me. It pretty much describes all politicians that have climbed to the highest ranks, including DJT.

Too high of a degree of narcissism can be a very dangerous thing, since the higher the degree the less likely they are to take advice from others-including experts.
Hillary is but one example of high-degree narcissism, IMO, while Trump has a much lower degree with painfully obvious insecurities....thus the need to constantly brag and pat himself on the back.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Dear God, I hope this is the beginning of a pendulum backswing. We really, really need it.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

I think this might be a nice trend to see continue. But it depends on whether they can make the news cycle ignore this. If no one reports it, they can leave it in limbo forever... they've done that before.

It's going to need political wings if it is to continue to a point of no return.

Hence, the effort to compel them to reveal where the money for this activity is coming from is now being called "harassment." I suspect it's mostly a certain flavor of sponsors (aside from a certain cabal of politicians.) We'll see, I hope.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 07:36 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 9/26/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

I had honestly given up on anybody trying to stop this train wreck our world has been on since 2020. I'm cautiously hopeful now.

the backswing started some time ago, its was always logically going to happen as none of this is sustainable, or for the elite survivable the sensible where always going to get their feet in both camps..

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

originally posted by: nugget1

the backswing started some time ago, its was always logically going to happen as none of this is sustainable, or for the elite survivable the sensible where always going to get their feet in both camps..

Watching the political shenanagans around the globe I still have my doubts.

new topics

top topics

join