It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on forum guidelines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'd really like some help on this but could not find an appropriate forum. I sent in an email to forum staff a couple of days ago, but I haven't had a reply yet. Since it's important I'll ask here.

I had two posts removed over the last week or so. And I got double warnings and double infraction points for each one. Is this normal? And the message says the 5th point results in an automatic posting ban. So a third off-topic post is an auto ban?

Is there an error here somewhere? Are post removals supposed to do double warnings and points? Is it really that strict now? Off topic could result in a ban?

Thanks for your help mods. I'd love to chat with anyone privately about this.

edit on 28-4-2023 by Mahogany because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

I got a couple of those recently. I assume the content moderation has increased.

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I am not sure of the exact algorithm but I don't think you need to worry about anything. I've seen users with hundreds of off-topic flags so I don't think the 5th one is relevant. To my understanding, things are taken on a case by case basis. You have your "drive by" trolls who create an account just to # post or promote themselves and leave, those get auto banned. There are some comments removed due to legitimately trying to prevent thread drift because it could turn the topic into something completely different. I personally don't regard this as any type of "tos" violation just more for organization and making sure topics stay on point. Then you have people who are just begging to be booted from the site.

I would say the fact that you're concerned about it is a testament that you're not here just to # post, so I wouldn't worry about it. If there are any issues just reach out to a mod. I haven't looked at your account before writing this but we were just talking about updating those auto messages people get because there is a lot of inaccurate data in them.

Cheers

originally posted by: Mahogany
I'd really like some help on this but could not find an appropriate forum. I sent in an email to forum staff a couple of days ago, but I haven't had a reply yet. Since it's important I'll ask here.

I had two posts removed over the last week or so. And I got double warnings and double infraction points for each one. Is this normal? And the message says the 5th point results in an automatic posting ban. So a third off-topic post is an auto ban?

Is there an error here somewhere? Are post removals supposed to do double warnings and points? Is it really that strict now? Off topic could result in a ban?

Thanks for your help mods. I'd love to chat with anyone privately about this.

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Darko

Thanks Darko, that's good info.

(post by BoDeezNutz removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 06:04 AM
link   
One of the mods flagged your account.. guess who it was..

originally posted by: BoDeezNutz
Lmfao

Wow.
This could not be more transparent.

Prop

O

Ganda

All I can say is,
You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

✌️
😎

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Political trolling removals result in two warnings for knee removal. You will be auto banned for five warnings, but if they’re spread out you’ll be fine. If they’re close enough together the ban will be applied.

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Did you contact the mod who removed your post?

There is nothing in my inbox, and I check more than once a day.

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Thanks for replying DontTreadOnMe. I believe the email said it went to Forum Staff. I was under the impression I contacted everyone. But Darko fully answered it here. And I thank you as well.

The thing is I almost never use the messaging system. Even on my older accounts that I can't even access any more, I don't ever recall messaging much. So I checked it almost accidentally and saw double warnings and points one minute apart. And then a double one again a couple of days later, a minute apart. I'm lucky I didn't get a third double point, I would have been banned and wouldn't have even known why.

Thanks for the help folks.

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Glad you finally got an answer.
In the future, my inbox is always open.

top topics

join