It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ankh Decoded

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike27

Could of been 'grounding sandals'. Pretty sure people knew the principles of grounding oneself to the earth for the purpose enhancing ones health.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255
a reply to: Mike27

Could of been 'grounding sandals'. Pretty sure people knew the principles of grounding oneself to the earth for the purpose enhancing ones health.

They didn't.

They had some very interesting practices, but nothing involving breathing techniques or mental exercises. The priests knew songs and chants but this wasn't a part of their healing.

And honestly, they didn't need "grounding." It was a simpler lifestyle and people were very connected to the land and to nature - particularly through their many gods. There wasn't much between them and nature and the Earth.

(side note: people generally didn't wear sandals with that sort of pattern of straps - what they wore looked more like our modern flip-flops. Royalty and gods wore sandals that looked like the ankh pattern (though most often they're also shown as barefooted.)

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Isis Ra Elohim
IsRaEl

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It's just a form to make shoes... Of course there are objects made in reverence of it in the land of the dead. Sort of like how 'red money' is treated in China.

“Where would I find enough leather
To cover the entire surface of the earth?
But with leather soles beneath my feet,
It’s as if the whole world has been covered.”

― Shantideva

edit on 23-11-2023 by crowf00t because: sp

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Pretty sure it's a date signifying Hathors enlightenment under the eggplant as a celebration.

I don't know why people don't just bother Asians about it... It's their old language and customs we "Westerners" have called 'Egyptian'.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join