It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mudpit Going Away

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I think a more simple solution would be to remove the tattletale button from the Mud Pit.
It is called the Mud Pit for a reason. If you don't have tough skin, stay out. Simple.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:28 AM
link   
There was no mud pit when I got here..

If you wanted to insult, you had to beat them in the argument,
MAKE THEM look dumb with facts, logic, and research backed up
with real sources... Nonetheless all that # takes a lot of work..

Takes a lot of work to insult within T N C but it can be done.

Now that said..

I do enjoy reading the mud pit
even if I do not post much..

I like having the option of a quick insult..

If it goes away I will survive..

For sure not going to be posting on reddit....

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It's enlightening to see a very small contingent of ATS trying to encourage and rationalize the muzzling of ATS' most popular forum.

After the whiners get their way...what will be next?

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Ah, there it is. I thought they removed it. I didn’t see anywhere in that admins last post that says the Mud Pit is staying. Here is the post because even your link doesn’t go directly to the post.

Alright guys and gals, I am closing the thread. It's been an interesting experiment, lasted a bit longer than anticipated, learned a lot, and had a lot of fun, it was fun getting to be a troll for a night but I think the points been made. The board sucks when people are assholes and the assholes tend to leave when they get treated the same way. So it's safe to say, ATS should be better than this as a whole. Thank you very much for your input, insight, and participation.

So I guess my question still stands is it staying or going away?

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Seems to be happening faster now. Not only on ATS, but elsewhere as well.
It's almost like there is a looming election just around the corner and some things need to be swept under the rug.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

But if you think ATS is a single forum? I don’t know what to tell you. Because there are roughly 20+ forums that have came and gone over the years off the top of my head.

Somehow, I'm doubting that those 20+ forums that have come and gone were as popular or active as the Mud Pit. If I'm wrong and you have an example, please share.

edit on 24-4-2023 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The Mud Pit isn't just about insulting someone. Sure, if your intent is puerile you can use it that way. To me it is about using real language and not having to monitor every sentence like the PC police are watching. Sometimes I don't want to be politically correct. Sometimes I want to tell someone something they just said is absolutely #ing stupid - Diane Feinstein and her "bullet button" comes to mind. Sometimes its just the right thing to say...
www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-4-2023 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
a reply to: IAMTAT
Seems to be happening faster now. Not only on ATS, but elsewhere as well.
It's almost like there is a looming election just around the corner and some things need to be swept under the rug.

Let those with eyes...see.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Deetermined
it looks like 4 other people ended up closing their accounts over this issue or/and because of the way the thread was being handled itself.

A whole 4 people!

When you consider the number of actual people that commented on the thread and divide it up, who knows what the percentage is. That's not even mentioning the people who were just observing without commenting.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Or the ATS staff can address their “trolling” as the admin described it yesterday and make a decision whether or not they plan to keep the forum or not. Like I said, I’m here for the mudpit, so if it goes away then I have no purpose here. It sounds like you don’t know the answer so I’ll wait for another mod/admin that will answer the question many of us have. Thanks for your input though, I’m aware of the other forums, they just don’t interest me 99% of the time.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
a reply to: Encia22

Ah, there it is. I thought they removed it. I didn’t see anywhere in that admins last post that says the Mud Pit is staying. Here is the post because even your link doesn’t go directly to the post.

Alright guys and gals, I am closing the thread. It's been an interesting experiment, lasted a bit longer than anticipated, learned a lot, and had a lot of fun, it was fun getting to be a troll for a night but I think the points been made. The board sucks when people are assholes and the assholes tend to leave when they get treated the same way. So it's safe to say, ATS should be better than this as a whole. Thank you very much for your input, insight, and participation.

So I guess my question still stands is it staying or going away?

Seem like there are more questions now than ever, eh?

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Wow! A whole thread to whinge about losing your sandbox?

I gotta say that all this whining and crying about losing the Mud Pit is making me wonder what the real issue is... there are plenty of places to be vile and nasty on the internet. Lots and lots and lots! But for some reason, it's soooooooooooo important for ATS to be one of those places. It's sooooooooooo important to NOT let ATS be a site for thoughtful and reasonable discussion, debate and even argument. It's sooooooooooo important to make sure ATS is part of the cesspool. It's soooooooooooooo important to keep the voluntary foot soldiers in the divide-and-conquer campaign.

Things that make you go "Hmmmmm...."

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

It's a standard 'Divide and Conquer' strategy.
Segregate the Mud Pit from the rest of ATS...then slowly subjugate it.

It's a form of bigotry and control that's been tried countless times throughout history.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The worst part of it all is the literalism. I get done people can't function unless they attack the source or the poster out of inability or lack of imagination to attack the point. But the literalism is the worst.

You'll see people who act like they've never read a book, used an idiom, or heard a turn of phrase, acting like they're an expert on a situation that doesn't even happen in their own country. They don't understand nuance or metaphor but then they want to argue their point is the correct one. That s--t should be a bannable offense.

For a random example I remember this one thread where a poster was talking about a situation in another country that they had no connection too . He was making all these wild assumptions and saying things that just didn't make sense. And when someone pointed that out, he got defensive and resorting to insulting people. Then, he left the conversation saying they were going to suck a "plowman and pickled onion.". Not sure what that means but whatever, their lifestyle is their lifestyle.

Probably, I think a little restraint causes more creativity rather than restricts it. We already black list sites as sources of conversation or proofs so to argue "mah free speech" is meaningless at this point. Otherwise, at least one of cyberbuddha, or Pastareal threads should be allowed to stay for the "meaningful" discussions that might occur.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Also, if you'll notice, that first thread had a specific writing style and the members who share that style of writing have made no comment on any of the mudpit threads. ARG side puzzle, maybe?

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

The old games forum…there was only about four threads about it yesterday. The live shows forum. Jessie Ventura had a forum. And believe it or not the War on Terrorism still has more threads than the Mudpit.

US Political Madness has way more threads and almost as many replies, is only a few years older of a forum, has the same types of topics…the difference being the requirement of civility and decorum, which is enforced. In fact it would probably be far larger with threads and replies but many threads made there are too muddy and have to be removed. which is the entire point.

It has been asked over and over and over to keep the mud in the Mudpit. People simply choose not to do so. So what is the solution when people cannot and will not behave outside the Mudpit? Ban without mercy or recourse until the problem is gone? People can go on Facebook for that kind of treatment. Let it fester until it becomes 4chan? People can go to 4chan for that.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Just look how easily free and open-minded members of ATS will fall into line behind segregation and censorship.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Just look how easily free and open-minded members of ATS will fall into line behind segregation and censorship.

Odd, isn't it?
Not surprising, but odd none the less.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Odd, isn't it?
Not surprising, but odd none the less.

Sheep just doing sheep s#*t.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Some people keep saying that the mud-pit is the most popular area. The mud-pit is the most active, blah, blah, and then saying that people are leaving the site if the mud-pit is gone. But I have an alternate thought, which is how I really feel. What if all the good posters left BECAUSE of the mud-pit and attitudes seeping over already and the site got way too politicized due to their absence and the absence of substantive threads on interesting topics like UFOs, actual conspiracy theories, cryptids.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join