It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Violence Is Actually Worse in Red States. It’s Not Even Close

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Yeah Chicago, New York, Oakland, and San Francisco are very safe. LMAO!

The ten most dangerous cities in America. Anyone want to figure out what they have in common?
Detroit, MI
Memphis, TN
Birmingham, AL
Baltimore, MD
St. Louis, MO
Kansas City, MO
Cleveland, OH
Little Rock, AR
Milwaukee, WI
Stockton, CA

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray
It’s very difficult to imagine how to even answer this.

So why did you even bother to type a reply?

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   
and since we're all derpy derpy on pointing out city demographics...

What are the biggest Republican cities in our nation?

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Jacksonville Florida is the biggest with a Republican Mayor... not sure of the city council.

They have had 27 homicides this year...... (Check out the Victim and Suspect Columns for additional details)

transparency.jaxsheriff.org...
edit on 23-4-2023 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
too many have bought into the corporate lies propagated through advertising and lobbying since the 1890's to push people into mass consumerism, telling them they can escape crime, poverty, black people, protect their children, have privacy, own their own property, live in luxury, eating like kings, blah blah. even today their lies persist and people still believe it, wasting money, eroding social order, making a generally violent aggressive selfish society, we forgot how to be a functioning society and are afraid of cities and the city life so we make excuses for ignoring sensible policies that benefit everyone.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

" Gun Violence Is Actually Worse in Red States. It’s Not Even Close "

Yeah , Along with Lower Crime Rates than Blue States . A Exceptional PUSH IMO .

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
and since we're all derpy derpy on pointing out city demographics...

What are the biggest Republican cities in our nation?

Ummm...dude...your on fire...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Interesting misinterpretation of the data by the person that authored this document.

A. # of "gun deaths" does NOT = # of murders or violent criminality associated with the gun death. That number includes suicides along with murders. And according do that document suicide by gun 1are like 3x the # of murders with a gun. So that statistics is very much misleading and its no wonder that Stat had been constantly regurgitated by everyone Dem lawmaker this week on hearing about atf usurping power and creating laws that make innocent civilians instantly felons facing 10yrs prison time.

B. I'll agree that according to the doc there are more gun deaths in Red states. But that's a very shallow argument to try to use as proof that less restrictions to the 2nd amendment = more danger, higher crime rate and more likelihood of being a victim to violence with a gun. But let's dive one layer deeper into this main point and we see that the gun murders and almost exclusively occurring in cities and big cities at that. And who are the mayor's of all of the violent cities??... anyone? Anyone? Democrats are the Mayor's incharge of the cities in red states with highest gun violence. Not only are they mayors not Red but then let's go even deeper and see that many of the DA in these same cities were financed by opensociety foundation and are directly funded by George Soros. So these same cities have been letting everyone outta the jails for "equity" and racial justice. Letting convicted violent felons out on PR bonds that are already on bond for previous violent crime that have a past with felony convictions. So many of these people are looking at 40yrs or basically life I'm prison whenever they go to court since they have prior and on bond and pick up another case. They know they will be gone forever so many of the figure may as well finish any loose ends now so they do whatever crimes they want cause it won't add anything more really when ur already getting 40yrs prison. The scariest people in this situation are the ones that decided "I ain't going back" so knowing they are facing basically a life sent they've made up their mind that they are surrendering no matter what and are gonna make the cops impose capital punishment unfortunately these psychos like to take others with them...

Anyways i went off on a tangent a little bit. But this article is a great piece of propaganda to through out points to people that aren't able to research it at the time so they will accept these points because they logically are true but once analyzed do not hold up to scrutiny.

C. This article doesn't take into account if the shooting death was a victim or if it was a criminal being neutralized by a victim with their own gun to defend themselves.

The gun control fiasco is solely to start the March towards disarming law abiding Americans plain and simple. Weak evidence presented as facts in the media is the biggest driver. The constant appeals toward emotion and the guilt tripping tactic are the most ingenious and flat out disgusting. The house cmt on atf overstepping its bounds meeting this week was full of these tasteless attempts at winning this debate just made me sick to hear dems accusing 2A supporters and being inflator of murdering children because they aren't willing to cave to allowing atf to bypass constitution and begin the unprecedented creation of legislation by faceless unelected beaurocrats of the atf. Only congress makes laws and can make people felons not the executive branch where the atf is located. Legislature writes legislations executive branch department execute the legislations when violated or not complied with they don't get to write the laws and execute the laws that's antithetical to checks and balances of our republic.

If anyone want to read a nonpartisan legitimate research document peer reviewed and published about gun crime in America check out "more guns less crime" by John Lott Jr. He used fbi and other fed databases, state databases in person interviews with criminals im prison. I'll quickly summarize the main point of the book.

The more likely it is that any one person out In public is carrying a gun the less of a chance that a criminal will try to rob, assault etc any single person because of the increased likelihood that victim will be able to fight back with equal strength. If there are 10 people in a gun freezone a criminal can choose any 1 of them to violate and not really have to worry about resistance so they will be brazen and just rob people or open fire in public killing multiple people. But if there are 10 people and its a constitutional carry state any one or hopefully everyone of those 10 people do have a firearm on them. A criminal Is Most likely not gonna mess with around when chances are each person has a gun to fight back with. Criminals prey on weak vulnerable and unable to defend themselves. Anyone with a gun has equalized the playing field and are no longer vulnerable and unable to defend against even a much stronger person because gun level it out so a small female can defend herself from a 6ft 5 monster dude trying to violate her.

The capitol building is full of guns. Is that because they are dangerous and might decide on their own to jump up on a table and start shooting people all by itself? Or is it because guns in the hands of law abiding citizens are able to protect from and better yet prevent dangerous criminal situstion?

I'm also curious as to how the hell Appalachia extends all the way go northeast Texas. St Louis is not a Appalachian city at all but this article incorporates it into appallachia skewing the statistics In that region propelling it into the red violent murder region.

Raise your children around guns so they know the power and danger they have. Teach them proper gun safety and etiquette at an early age so they will respect firearms and will be 2nd nature how to safely handle a gun which reduces the chances of accidents exponentially. Proper safety procedures and correct safe storage of guns is rhe most important lessons to be learned. Correct trigger finger discipline in paramount to prevent accidents. Guns shouldn't be feared or seen as scary and dangerous they are not. They are a tool. Just like a chainsaw is a tool. Yeah u can commit suicide, murder or have accident that kills someone just the same way a gun can. But it's not t he tool at fault its human operating the tool that's at fault.

We need to address the mental health sue in our society and especially the medical protocol being utilized. Seems all the mass shooters have something incommon.. all been diagnosed with depression or bipolar or schizophrenia etc so what meds have they all been taking? Why is that info never released? Shooter toxicology are never published why is that? Is it just coincidence that SSRI side effects are "thoughts or acts of suicide/homicide"?

The answer is not the begin disarming law abiding Americans. Because a few psychos spun out on psychotropics fell victim to side effects of meds and decide to take innocent people out with them on thier suicide mission.

reply to: [post=26973992]Mahogany

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Seriously???

I also live in Texas and evidently, we have a different experience. But then again, I have family that works in border patrol, how about you?

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: KMeRMoRe

I am part of the team that manages student data (aka facts) for a very large ISD in Texas. Many of the datasets we build and maintain involve all demographics of students since the districts receive state and federal $$$ associated to immigrant, ESL (English as Second Language), migrant kids.
There have been no increases in recent years. A slight downtrend actually

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Usually I will not do this, but......
I didn't make it past the first paragraph. I read "Politico" and "thorough look" and realized it was more government BS to divide the tools.
No thank you.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I mean to be honest I don’t know why anyone would be surprised. People on this website are always saying that the liberal left don’t own guns. So it stands to reason that the place that has more guns he’s gonna end up with more gun related crime just based on the access to the guns.

And I have someone who has grown up and lived his entire life in the deep red South I can tell you that there are a lot of people who carry around guns and are in no way doing it safely. Going to like a toy down here

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Amount of people and gangs. I would guess it’s the gangs that shoot those statistics up so high. Thing is the gangs are mostly hurting each other. I’ve been to some of those cities they weren’t any more or less dangerous than my city of 80,000. In fact my city back in the 90s was the murder capital of the Country. And it’s deep deep red. I really don’t think that politics has anything to do with crime.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

According to what you posted those murders happened in the places where there’s more people. It’s not politics it’s the amount of people.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 09:33 PM
link   

finance.yahoo.com...

Field reporting by Bensman in Liberty County reveals that:

Sudden huge increases of foreign national student K-12 enrollments (from 3,600 in 2013 to 11,000 in 2022, and a projected 22,000 by 2026) have forced CISD administrators into a frantic program of high-dollar facility expansions requiring repeated public tax-hiking bond elections to afford 60 portable classrooms, eight new schools (with a dozen more in the pipeline), and expansions of all existing ones.

The influx has also created new crime problems, as “entrepreneur” drug dealers and gangs formed in school hallways where security officers were too few and far between to control situations.

Performance on standardized testing has also declined, due in part to the fact that many older students arrived illiterate, but must still be mixed into the overall school population. The decline in academic performance is also due to the fact that growth has forced student-per-teacher ratios sky high beyond standards.

The influx has forced local students and families to flee en masse to other towns and school districts.

The case study goes on to describe a host of other social ailments and impacts on Liberty County caused by the massive influx of illegal immigrant settlers, including widespread clear-cutting of forests for housing, uncontrollable traffic congestion, culture clash, new and more violent crime as cartels move in, and a wholesale change in the rural region’s cherished quality of life.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Well, just speaking from my own experience in Georgia here...I grew up with guns, hunting and gun safety.

I learned safety at a very early age. I learned to protect people I love at a very early age.

People attack the US online all the time for whatever gun control issue they want to get behind.

Do those people read history? Do they understand why people stood against tyranny?

Do people understand now?

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: infolurker

According to what you posted those murders happened in the places where there’s more people. It’s not politics it’s the amount of people.

The State of Maine has 1.37 Million people.

How many murders in Maine in 2022?

The state's 32 homicide deaths easily eclipsed the total from 2021, when 19 people died in homicides. But the 2022 total fell short of a record set in 1989, when there were 40 slayings, according to the Maine attorney general's office, which prosecutes murder cases.

Jan 1, 2023

Compare that to any of these cities of similar population.

What is different in Maine?
edit on 23-4-2023 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Wow guys it's not political it's mental illness, get on track.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join