It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Train carrying hazardous materials derails in rural Maine UPDATE: NO toxic cargo spilled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   

A train has reportedly derailed in the state of Maine and officials say they believe hazardous materials were on board.

"Train derailment with fire north of rockwood, hazzard materials please stay clear!" The Rockwood, Maine Fire & Rescue posted on Facebook Saturday.

Train carrying hazardous materials derails in rural Maine, residents warned to 'stay clear'

This is very early in the reporting cycle...

I post it only because I know quite a few members who are actively following this kind of news.

Hopefully it is a less dangerous situation than the others....

Add updates if you please....
edit on 4/15/2023 by Maxmars because: UPDATED TITLE

edit on 4/15/2023 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

This is beyond ridiculous now.

Government sponsored Industrial Terrorism is all I can surmise from this constant barrage of do0m.

Wtf is their malfunction?

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Something is NOT normal under this Administration.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

If this is done by our terrorist 'government', and I suspect it is together with the food plants fires, then they need to be held accountable! We the people need to stand up together and say enough!
Though I must say it feels more and more hopeless each day. It won't end well.
Civilazation ,and society with it, will collapse. And not just the west, no. If the west collapses the rest of the world follows.
It will be global and it will be a total catastrophe.
Humanity will not recover this time.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Terrorfascists 🤫

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 07:44 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 07:51 PM
link   
But guys they say it happens eleventy million times a year so it's just a coincidence.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 08:47 PM
link   
After reading the article, it seems that it was caused by winter runoff washing out part of the track. Not at all out of the ordinary. I don't see any sort of conspiracy here, and when stacked up against the statistics from previous years, it fits right in.

TheBorg :-)

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBorg

Uh huh "winter runoff" you mean water? That's funny as hell considering it rains, and snows in Philly and there hasn't been a single derailment on the EL at the terminal. I even watched lightning hit the tracks when I was younger and no it didn't get detailed, NOTHING happened.

To top it off I took the train everyday to school for years.. From Frankford to 51st street station (bout 80% of the entire line). So they will have to do a lot better then saying a little bit of water caused a derailment.

Granted now that I used this point it will happen just to prove me wrong so knock on wood.

On average there are two derailments within range of cities a year that have caused "harm to humans".. And those statistics go back to the mid 1800s. As they are logged and recorded every time someone gets hurt. Non damaging derailments "might" be higher, but almost every derailment reported is within a town or city range. Which harms the people which is NOT normal.
edit on 101020230430 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackArrow

1) Not a passenger train.
2) In a forested area.

Sometimes, it REALLY IS nothing more than the mundane. An estimated 3 derailments happen EVERY DAY. The only reason this is even being talked about is because of what happened in Ohio, and that was a very unusual case. The media has a habit of hyper-focusing on a particular topic after a breaking story that's related occurs. It's simply the oversaturation the media always does.

Note: I completely hold out the possibility I could be wrong here, but the previous is my opinion, based on all that I've seen up to now. Should something else come of it, I'll happily change my views.

TheBorg :-)

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 10:04 PM
link   

But there has been a lot more derailments in cities and towns outside of Ohio, which isn't normal compared to every year of train record outside of this year is what I am saying.

Most derailments do not effect the people, the fact that every derailment this-far is effecting people is what makes it suspicious.

Most of the rails are actually checked within x-mile radius of populations for means of safety. To prevent derailments from occuring in or on the outskirts of town.

While they don't usually check railways after x-mile, that is usually where they occur. But these derailments aren't occuring at those locations, they are all too close to downs. And another interesting statistic is the sabotaging of railways. It has happened in the past dozens of times, those too are public record.

The most popular sabotage derailment is the California one. Where the rails were actually physically altered in the city to cause a derailment. Investigations only occur when someone is physically injured by the train. They don't investigate otherwise.
edit on 101020231730 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Honestly, I think it's a symptom of the slow degradation of our national institutions that seems to be ever so present recently. Don't think it's anything intentionally malevolent, but it could be.

TheBorg

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 10:13 PM
link   

There is a reason why I think it might be intentional, and it has quite a bit to do with certain immigration policies, and practices. Part of it is, like I said the statistics where they happen close to cities and towns. The last time a city/town was effected was decades ago. But now it's almost every week or every other in a populated area. The only thing that changed since then is the open borders.

Just saying, that if I was to smuggle drugs. Having a group distract authorities by derailing trains would easily keep them off my ass. Especially when you consider the drugs coming into the country has 10folded since these derailments started happening. As well as other criminal activity increasing. I am pretty sure there are spikes of crime occuring within 50miles of a derailment. I would probably bank on it.

I will verify this at some point using the border maps and criminal report maps. I just haven't gotten around to it. But at this point it is my guess, the grand old watch this hand while I use the other to do worse distraction method.
edit on 101020232830 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

edit on 101020235930 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Something is NOT normal under this Administration.

Biden has appointed weirdos to safeguard Americans domestically. They spend most of their time traveling, eating, pooping. speaking, sleeping, traveling, eating, pooping, speaking, sleeping, traveling, eating......

Just 2 examples:

1.) The "person" responsible for safeguarding Nuclear Waste Disposal.

BIO: thebreakthrough.org...

2.) The "person" who says don't worry about train wrecks. There are over 1,000 @ year.

Takes Photos of Men on the Streets: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

My guess is his appointees probably don't qualify for said job and came in first on the bottom just like he did.

You know how slackers and those with the same mentality stick together. I could bet a15yr old could do a better job regulating these trains. All it would take is huge fees like 10million per mile to these companies who rather let tracks wither and rust then fix them.
edit on 101020230730 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 10:22 PM
link   
New data:

"A total of three locomotive engines and six rail cars carrying lumber and electrical wiring derailed into a wooded area, where they caught fire and started a small forest fire," the Maine Forest Service posted on Facebook. "The fires are contained and are being monitored."

The statement added, "Additional rail cars transporting hazardous materials did not derail. The assessment of officials on the scene is that these hazardous materials are not at risk of leaking and are not at risk of catching fire."

Thank goodness.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Good point. It is rare for a "bottom 10%" guy to have colleagues who are super smart. When Joe said "Hunter is the smartest man I know", he further proved that belief to be correct.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Dont know if its the news actually covering it, or there is an uptick in frequency.

Wouldnt surprise me if this was china's opening salvo, also wouldnt surprise me if the corrupt bureaucratic state was just bad at their job.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 12:22 AM
link   
**** Disclaimer this is just one or two factors, but until we see the number of accidents for 2022 and 2023 it's hard to say because 2020 and 2021 were lower probably because of COVID **

Not saying any of this isn't suspicious but I lived by the railroad tracks for years and worked by another set of tracks later on. Not to mention still have relatives and acquaintances who live near tracks,

it's mostly based on track maintenance and disrepair, we used to live by a Gypsum plant and they get derailed all the time in and out of their plant. Are little neighborhoods on the other side of the tracks only ad one road most times it would derail we would have to ride our bikes and pass them between the stalled cars to get to the rest of the civilization.

At the work site where they were building a new neighborhood, they screwed up the watershed and drainage. Every time it would rain hard the water would back up on one side of the tracks. It wasn't a total collapse but it would lose enough to throw a wheel occasionally. they finally dug a larger drainage ditch with a couple of huge metal drainage tunnels, it just took them years to finally fix it.

While other countries relied upon, maintained and upgraded their rail lines America became reliant on roads, cars, trucks, boats, and jets.

Throw in the loss of so many qualified railroad workers, like our jails they have become seriously understaffed sections of tracks that used to get checked quarterly now get checked every 6 months if that. No doubt more inspections get done in high-traffic areas but sometimes isolated areas get short-changed till it's too late.

duckduckgo.com...

Search our crumbling railroads...

railroads.dot.gov...

fortune.com...

additionally, fewer workers mean they run longer and longer trains.

Just before 5 a.m., Harry Shaffer’s wife called to him from across the living room, where he’d fallen asleep on the couch, exhausted from installing an aboveground pool. Did he hear that sound, that metallic screeching from up the valley? She opened the door of their double-wide trailer and walked outside as Shaffer closed his eyes.

A moment later came a thunderous crack of splintering lumber. Debris shot through the living room. Shaffer opened his eyes again to find a hulking train car steps from where he lay. It had shorn off the roof, exposing the murk of the pre-dawn sky. He jumped up and ran outside and saw the garage next door in flames.

Though it sat at the floor of a valley along a busy stretch of railroad tracks, the quiet town of Hyndman, Pennsylvania, hadn’t seen a major derailment in recent memory. Trains didn’t frighten residents like Shaffer even though 21 of them trundled through the town’s center day and night.

But unbeknownst to them, the corporations that ran those trains had recently adopted a moneymaking strategy to move cargo faster than ever, with fewer workers, on trains that are consistently longer than at any time in history. Driven by the efficiency goals of precision scheduled railroading, companies are forgoing long-held safety precautions, such as assembling trains to distribute weight and risk or taking the proper time to inspect them, ProPublica found. Instead, their rushed workers are stringing together trains that stretch for 2 or even 3 miles, sometimes without regard for the delicate physics of keeping heavy, often combustible tanker cars from jumping off the tracks.

Rail safety grabbed headlines this February after a Norfolk Southern train passed sensors designed to flag mechanical issues and catastrophically derailed in East Palestine, Ohio; Republicans and Democrats alike are now calling for tighter regulations on company operations, especially in light of precision scheduled railroading.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Only thing that may have been hazardous are the fuels ie. Diesel from the enigine cars, or gasoline from automotive vehicles if any were being transported which is highly possible. It has been prevalent as of lately, but like all things structural need to be retrofitted even the railways on which these trains are traveling on…

new topics

top topics

join