It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of world's deadliest volcanos is poised to erupt in the 'coming DAYS'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Might not have to worry about global warming soon as one of the worlds large volcanos appears to be ready to blow. Last time it blew it killed 25,000 people. This is a big one.

One of world's deadliest volcanos is poised to erupt in the 'coming DAYS' - after killing 25,000 people in 1985

Linik

One of the world's deadliest volcanos has lain dormant since it last erupted in 1985, but a surge in seismic activity indicates it could awaken in the 'coming days.'

Colombia's Nevado del Ruiz registered an unbelievable 6,000 earthquakes per day last week, leading officials to raise the alert to the second highest scale and evacuate more than 2,500 families in the area.

Some 57,000 people live in the volcano's hazard zone, which is spread across parts of six provinces, according to Colombia's Geological Service (CGS).
The volcano's eruption in 1985 killed more than 25,000 people, the fourth-deadliest volcanic eruption in human history, leaving people buried under avalanches of earth and rock fragments.

CGS believes last week's earthquakes are due to magma moving through the fault system, setting the stage for what could be Nevado del Ruiz's next deadly eruption.

Live Feed Video:

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   
thanks for posting
of course our lamestream media is too busy bashing Trump to cover something like this.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Might not have to worry about global warming soon as one of the worlds large volcanos appears to be ready to blow. Last time it blew it killed 25,000 people. This is a big one.

One of world's deadliest volcanos is poised to erupt in the 'coming DAYS' - after killing 25,000 people in 1985

Linik

One of the world's deadliest volcanos has lain dormant since it last erupted in 1985, but a surge in seismic activity indicates it could awaken in the 'coming days.'

Colombia's Nevado del Ruiz registered an unbelievable 6,000 earthquakes per day last week, leading officials to raise the alert to the second highest scale and evacuate more than 2,500 families in the area.

Some 57,000 people live in the volcano's hazard zone, which is spread across parts of six provinces, according to Colombia's Geological Service (CGS).
The volcano's eruption in 1985 killed more than 25,000 people, the fourth-deadliest volcanic eruption in human history, leaving people buried under avalanches of earth and rock fragments.

CGS believes last week's earthquakes are due to magma moving through the fault system, setting the stage for what could be Nevado del Ruiz's next deadly eruption.

Live Feed Video:

We should definitely watch volcanoes and thier eruptions, it's one of the most likely culprits in more than one previous extinction-level events in the past

FWIW according to the Smithsonian / USGS Weekly Volcanic Activity Report Network Link there are 20 active volcanoes on the planet. I'd have to check historically but that sounds like a helluva lot of volcanoes to be active at once.

DISCLAIMER I do not know if that is normal, nor do I know how much output each one's eruption is producing, but it does seem like a lot.

For those interested load of info including
Here is where you can find the KML file to plug into Google Earth

Smithsonian / USGS Weekly Volcanic Activity Report Network Link

Servicio Geológico Colombiano’s (SGC) reported that the number of daily events detected by the seismic network at Nevado del Ruiz fluctuated during 3-8 April but declined overall. Earthquakes were generally located 2-5 km SW of Arenas Crater at depths of 3-4 km. On 9 April SGC noted that daily counts of events were no longer going to be posted in their daily reports and instead the focus will be on the location of the earthquakes. Gas emissions had also decreased in density. That same day Gestión del Riesgo de Desastres (UNGRD) reported that 2,000-2,500 families had been identified as living in high-risk areas and requested that local authorities expedite a preventive evacuation; families that had evacuated were staying with family and friends and not in evacuation shelters.

During 3-11 April the earthquakes were associated with daily emissions of gas-and-steam and gas-and-ash plumes. Ash-and-gas plumes rose as high as 1.5 km above the crater rim on 3 April and drifted NW and SW. During 6-7 April several pulsating ash emissions were observed in webcam images and by residents of La Cabaña (Murillo, Tolima). The emissions rose as high as 1.5 km and drifted SE and NE. Webcam images and La Cabaña residents again saw ash emissions on 10 April, rising as high as 1.8 km and drifting E and NE. Thermal anomalies from Arenas Crater were periodically visible through the week. The Alert Level was remained at Orange, Level II (the second highest level on a four-level scale).

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
thanks for posting
of course our lamestream media is too busy bashing Trump to cover something like this.

The Yellowstone Super Volcano could erupt.

The reporters last words would be “Jan. 6th, Jan. 6th”.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   

edit on 4/15/2023 by Klassified because: Nevermind

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
thanks for posting

It does seem as if you have to dig for news like this now, doesn't it?

we know the end of the word mantra, but TPTB would never tell us so we are left searching for clues ourselves.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hope folks in the danger zone are able to stay safe

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

Anticipating / projecting …… or knowing the HAARP schedule for kicking it off ?

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Apparently an evacuation order had been placed but sadly human nature means that not that many have complied. Volcanology is a wonderful science, but sadly it can't predict an eruption exactly, so saying that an eruption might be in a few days - or a week, or a fortnight can be confusing to people.
At least the danger posed by the volcano has now been recognised. The 25,000 dead was from one event in 1985. An eruption melted a large part of a glacier, which triggered a lahar - a huge mud flow which destroyed the town of Amaro overnight. No-one literally saw it coming. If I recall correctly the mountain is on the join between two administrative districts and one district took the danger of an eruption seriously and the other.... well, not so much.
The problem is that farmland around a volcano can be extremely rich in nutrients (once the ash and deposits have aged & eroded) so people don't want to move away.
If you want a real scandal, take a look at all the houses and buildings that are creeping up the flanks of Mount Vesuvius. They're not supposed to be there, they make evacuation extremely difficult and did anyone say that Vesuvius used to erupt every 40-odd years - and last erupted in 1944, so she's overdue.
edit on 15-4-2023 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I hate to be that pessimist, but humanity needs another catastophic event. Maybe it'll end us this time. We are literally living in Sodom & Gommorah times. I love life, I usually steer away from any current event mumbo jumbo, but truth be told.. my voice in this void is useless.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 06:14 PM
link   

how many volcanoes been burning and spewing hot gasses
for the past hundred years?

yet they blame us for the GLOBE warming

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I heard the Biden Administration was going to make Volcanos illegal. So nothing to worry about.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

Archer: danger zone.

Yes. i hope if it erupts it shoots stuff so high in the air it circles the earth and smacks china.

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 11:10 PM
link   

That doesn't make sense... it's going to erupt, yes, but the timing is all wrong. I think... unless things are meant to speed up quite a bit. Romania hasn't happened yet. I just don't see how there is time for everything to play out if it erupts now.

I wasn't expecting this until maybe next year at the earliest. This has to be a false alarm for now. So much has to happen first.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 12:18 AM
link   

They already started evacuating people a couple days ago.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

That doesn't make sense... it's going to erupt, yes, but the timing is all wrong. I think... unless things are meant to speed up quite a bit. Romania hasn't happened yet. I just don't see how there is time for everything to play out if it erupts now.

I wasn't expecting this until maybe next year at the earliest. This has to be a false alarm for now. So much has to happen first.

TheRedneck

???????????????????????????????????????????
Are you saying that someone's making it erupt???
Are you ok?

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Between China's winter air pollution and the yellow sand I don't think we have too much to worry about.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Are you saying that someone's making it erupt???

Of course not. That would be silly.

Are you ok?

I'm not sure any of us are.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 07:13 AM
link   
One of the things I like about ATS is people dig down to what the real news is now and then.
edit on 16-4-2023 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
One of the things I like about ATS is people dig down to what the real news is now and then.

That why the LIVE feed is about all I use to follow daily news. Not that everything here is newsworthy, but if it is it'll be here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join