It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biofire: The First Worthwhile "Smart Gun"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Cool looking home protection gun with benefits , the Biofire knows if it's you who is using it or the bad dude who stole it from you , youtuber Forgotten Weapons takes an early look before its official release in a couple of months.

Tech and deadly force , a marriage made in Colorado.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I can't even remember to keep my cell phone charged. Now I'm expected to make sure I've my handgun plugged in?

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   

12 circuit boards?

No thanks. I do not want my life resting on fragile electronics. Can you imagine how much it would cost to fix the damn thing?

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It works on fingerprint and and face recognission. And how exactly are you supposed to keep the powder residew from getting into the electronics and optics?

Fingerprints are easily faked and so are faces. You just have to show it a picture of ether.

Alternity you have an injury to your finger and face because someone attacked you, and you need your gun to defend yourself but it doesn't recognize you.

Put 10,000 rounds through it. The last 500 without cleaning it. Then see if it still works. That might change my mind about it being useless.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   
No clicks for forgotten weapons from me.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   

if it ain't broke don't fix it is all i got to say. why in the hell would you even want a pistol that has all that useless bullsh@@ on it. it certainly doesn't look like it will help people shoot any better.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Uh... Just NO!!

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I find it interesting when people find the chains they're in to be interesting.

oOoOO...shiny..

Meanwhile, the noose tightens.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I was gonna step in and save you but your gun said nope.

But at least the kids won’t shoot each other when you leave it laying around the crack house…until the hack comes out on TikTok.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

" Can you imagine how much it would cost to fix the damn thing? "

AFTER you get Shot by a Perp . STUPID is Contagious it Seems.........
edit on 13-4-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

No doubt

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 06:46 PM
link   
And then the government electronically disables the gun remotely like a Tesla car
It’s a decent idea that needs some time

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

ALL Doctors Agree , there Is NO CURE for STUPID .

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Skyfall

www.ctpost.com...

It may have felt like Hollywood fantasy, but the basic premise is very real -- and very dear -- to some lawmakers and gun control advocates.

President Barack Obama, in the antigun-violence plan he unveiled in January, directed the attorney general to issue a report on "existing and emerging gun safety technologies.

Kill switch anyone?

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Beat me to it!

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Will these “smart” firearms be hardened against EMPs, will they require updates and have Wi-Fi? Is Bill Gates in anyway involved? Will they fire submerged in water and rolled in mud like my glocks? Will we be stuck with a crappy 10# spongy trigger with extensive travel and no ability to upgrade?

Not a chance in hell

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Pretty sure this is 20year old tech...

originally posted by: gortex
Cool looking home protection gun with benefits , the Biofire knows if it's you who is using it or the bad dude who stole it from you , youtuber Forgotten Weapons takes an early look before its official release in a couple of months.

Tech and deadly force , a marriage made in Colorado.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Computers in a firearm?

Unless the government forces this on law enforcement they'll be out of business in a year.
Nobody is buying that with intention of using it.

The pistol is my truck hasn't been cleaned in two years, if it needed to be charged it wouldn't work, and that defeats the purpose.

The revolver in my bedroom was temporarily unloaded to move here a year ago, but hasn't been fired in at least three or four years.
I can still depend on it to put a hole in any target as needed, and that's the whole point.

Firearms and computers are mutually exclusive, the only time they should meet is when the computer needs to be rapidly and violently disassembled.
I've got a few at work lined up for a retirement day at the range this summer.

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 12:03 AM
link   

"Your trial period has expired. Please log on to our website and select preferred subscription period. If you are in imminent danger, please call 911. Thank you."

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I see your ugly failure prone hi-point looking pistol and raise one aimbot rifle!

The bad guys were using those biometric locks in the movie shoot em up in the late 2000's. Clive Owen was awesome in it. They go over it in a scene where he simply uses dead nameless henchmen's hand to fire the weapon anyways. Here is but a taste of the cartoonish awesome hilarity of this fast paced classic.

I'm no fan of electronics integrated into the function of the weapon. Wires become unseated, boards get fried, batteries go low or die at the most inconvenient moments. It's common on paintball fields . Imagine factoring in the kinetic force from discharge while at th range?? Those components are going to be super stressed over time and then the one time you need it for real is when any one of three separate parts could just fail. Not interested. I would own that aimbot rifle before a permission lock on anything, seems smarter to me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join